Question Connectivity check on Android 10

Search This thread

fixapixa

Mar 28, 2021
How can be connectivity check adjusted / disabled for A12?

My phone reports "connected without internet" due to firewall setup.
On my other devices it was possible to disable the connectivity check using these steps: https://github.com/ukanth/afwall/issues/761
It doesn't work for Samsung Galaxy A12 with Android 10.

It wouldn't bother me since actually all aps and services which matter can access everything what is needed but since Android thinks there is no internet, it stops synchronisation with my Radicale server (used instead of google services).

Update 19.4.2021:
Check is handled by UID 1000. Now it needs port 443 to be opened. Packing the connectivity check nontransparently together with so many other services within single encrypted channel doesn't help to build bonds of trust between user and vendor to say the least:).

Last edited:

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
How can be connectivity check adjusted / disabled for A12?

My phone reports "connected without internet" due to firewall setup.
On my other devices it was possible to disable the connectivity check using these steps: https://github.com/ukanth/afwall/issues/761
It doesn't work for Samsung Galaxy A12 with Android 10.

It wouldn't bother me since actually all aps and services which matter can access everything what is needed but since Android thinks there is no internet, it stops synchronisation with my Radicale server (used instead of google services).

Update 19.4.2021:
Check is handled by UID 1000. Now it needs port 443 to be opened. Packing the connectivity check nontransparently together with so many other services within single encrypted channel doesn't help to build bonds of trust between user and vendor to say the least:).
Maybe I'm seeing but this should be handled in afwall. You can whitelist the needed port by using a script:
Essentially you just put this in a custom script (inside AFWall): $IPTABLES -A "afwall" -p udp --dport 53 -j ACCEPT
Hope it helps.

fixapixa

Mar 28, 2021
Maybe I'm seeing but this should be handled in afwall. You can whitelist the needed port by using a script:
Essentially you just put this in a custom script (inside AFWall): $IPTABLES -A "afwall" -p udp --dport 53 -j ACCEPT
Hope it helps.
Well, port 53 is not enough any more. Port 443 can pack too many other unrelated services so it would be handy to have a way to disable connectivity check altogether.