Connectivity problem USA carriers

Search This thread

erikufli

Sep 16, 2022
Hi everyone!
I've surfed all I've found here about Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite and the bands/carrier problems here in the USA, but I can't solve my problem. Here are the facts:
I have a Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Global Version, Android 10 updated, not flashed, not root, works perfect and I love it.
I moved to USA from Spain 1 month ago, I got a new SIM from T-Mobile and the first two days worked, but suddenly lost the connection, not only data but calls and messages.
If I change that SIM with another one, (also T-Mobile, my boyfriend bought it the same day, same plan), then it works again but after some hours not signal again.
I've been doing this SIM change over the last 2 weeks, but it is really uncomfortable, I've tried to get a pattern but it doesn't depend on the time that the SIM is on the phone (it can be operative 2 hours or 2 days) nor in the data used or in the area.
When I lost the signal, the SIM is recognized but is like I was inside a deep cave with no coverage.
There is no way to recover the signal, I've tried airplane mode, rebooting several times, reinserting SIM, port change, even changing the SIM and changing it back, but nothing.
When I have signal I get T-Mobile 4G LTE and runs smoothly.
My SIM ports are fine because both read my Spanish SIM card, and the SIMs cards work perfectly because my bf can use both.
I don't know if is a network compatibility problem, he has a POCO X3 that supports the same bands and he gets signal all the time.
I bought a new SIM card from Mint just to check if it was about the carrier, and It does not work either, even when the phone compatibility says that should work.
I'm stuck now 😢

Any advice? Should I buy a new phone to live in the states? (I'm going to be here for a year and I'm spending so much money on moving in that I would prefer not)
Thank you in advance!

Last edited: