connector replacement

Search This thread

KamcaHorvat

Oct 23, 2021
Hi,
a few days ago, my good old Nook HD+ stopped charging and my PC won't detect it as well. When connected to powerbank/PC, only green light shows on besides charging connector.

It's most likely caused by corrosion in connector. I've bought two replacement cables, both of them don't work.

I've dissasembled my Nook and measured resistance between USB wires and matching pins on connector on motherboard. Power pins seem to be fine, but one of data lines had about 0.5 higher resistance than the other. I've tried cleaning the connector carefully with IPA and toothpick, but that didn't help.

Question is, what are the options? Is it possible to buy replacement connector?

If not, has someone tried replacing connector with microusb, that is by cutting and rerouting traces on motherboard so that it matches micro USB connector? I don't really care about HDMI/audio functionality, all I need is charging and file transfer.

KamcaHorvat

Oct 23, 2021
I've placed motherboard into cheap ultrasonic cleaner with IPA for a few minutes and that fixed the issue. Connector works as before.

Only side effect of repair is, that my nook stopped booting CM 10 from SD card. But that another unrelated issue.