• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Cons of switching to Xiaomi.EU from China Rom?

Search This thread

Gershy13

Sep 27, 2014
I just got a Mi 11 Ultra with china rom, my options are either stay on the china rom and put up with some of the annoying things (google assistant voice not working, font and text looking a bit weird, etc), or switch to xiaomi.EU.

My question is if there is any big cons to using Xiaomi.EU rom? The biggest one i can think of currently is not having proper updates (having to do them through twrp or fastboot), but that isnt really a problem.

Are there any other things i should know before i unlock my bootloader and make the switch?

Thanks
Gershy13

xwonic

Feb 27, 2011
POCO M3
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I just got a Mi 11 Ultra with china rom, my options are either stay on the china rom and put up with some of the annoying things (google assistant voice not working, font and text looking a bit weird, etc), or switch to xiaomi.EU.

My question is if there is any big cons to using Xiaomi.EU rom? The biggest one i can think of currently is not having proper updates (having to do them through twrp or fastboot), but that isnt really a problem.

Are there any other things i should know before i unlock my bootloader and make the switch?

Thanks
Gershy13
I cant tell Xiaomi.eu 21.7.21 is slow specifically on mi 11 ultra(cause i installed on other devices and it was fine). Got bootloader unlocked this Tuesday and installed it right away. i was unhappy with it. There was also the issues with sound being louder but worse quality, The haptics didn't feel right.

Had some troubles with finding the next right rom and i remember xNAPx talking about MIUIMIX.

So this Wednesday i went ahead and gave it a go.
Using version 21.7.21 and its really something. Very smooth, no high temps. There is only the issue which is, its not safetynet safe (example: has L1 but cant install netflix from Playstore and other certified apps), and you have to install root magisk with safetynet patch and hide magisk from playstore to be able to use everything.
Also read the F.A.Q. from MIUIMIX to able to get it working.

It might be too soon but i already having a very good day with it.

Screenshot_1.png

RX1337

Jan 11, 2020
I cant tell Xiaomi.eu 21.7.21 is slow specifically on mi 11 ultra(cause i installed on other devices and it was fine). Got bootloader unlocked this Tuesday and installed it right away. i was unhappy with it. There was also the issues with sound being louder but worse quality, The haptics didn't feel right.

Had some troubles with finding the next right rom and i remember xNAPx talking about MIUIMIX.

Using version 21.7.21 and its really something. Very smooth, no high temps. There is only the issue which is, its not safetynet safe (example: has L1 but cant install netflix from Playstore and other certified apps), and you have to install root magisk with safetynet patch and hide magisk from playstore to be able to use everything.

View attachment 5373865
Actually Netflix installs fine on my Xiaomi EU Stable Build. I didn't have any problems on the normal CN rom as well. Also my device still has L1 Certification with the rom. You should not have to use Magisk for that. So I don't have a clue why you're getting at that. (Unless you're referring to MIUIMIX)

xwonic

Feb 27, 2011
POCO M3
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Actually Netflix installs fine on my Xiaomi EU Stable Build. I didn't have any problems on the normal CN rom as well. Also my device still has L1 Certification with the rom. You should not have to use Magisk for that. So I don't have a clue why you're getting at that. (Unless you're referring to MIUIMIX)
Yes i said that referring to miuimix as stated in the same paragraph

"Had some troubles with finding the next right rom and i remember xNAPx talking about MIUIMIX.

Using version 21.7.21..."

D

Deleted member 5408779

View attachment 5373865
Not sure what you are talking about but i can install netflix on MMX. Also magisk hide isn't needed for me, it works without issues.

And there is something you guys should know about MMX. Future builds for 11 Ultra won't have TWRP included anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

xwonic

Feb 27, 2011
POCO M3
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Not sure what you are talking about but i can install netflix on MMX. Also magisk hide isn't needed for me, it works without issues.

And there is something you guys should know about MMX. Future builds for 11 Ultra won't have TWRP included anymore.
I have the Beta 21.7.21. Do you have the latest beta version? or the stable one?

It's all in the FAQ, i'm not making this thing up.

Q: Play store says "device not certified" or SafetyNet fails​

A: Enable Magisk Hide, select Google Play Services in Magisk Hide then clear data and cache of Play Store and reboot.

Also good to know about the fastboot.

D

Deleted member 5408779

I have the Beta 21.7.21. Do you have the latest beta version? or the stable one?

A: Enable Magisk Hide, select Google Play Services in Magisk Hide then clear data and cache of Play Store and reboot.

Yes i have the latest beta which is already without injected TWRP.

And yes, you are right. The things mentioned in faq is just in case you run into issues with safetynet fails for example. But that doesn't mean you will have it.

As i said it works out of the box for me without doing anything. Not sure why it didn't work for you.

Reactions: xwonic
D

Deleted member 5408779

That might be it cause im using it with twrp. And i didnt install magisk cause i needed. I installed cause i was facing the netflix not being able to install from store
How do you use it without magisk when it comes prerooted? And also... Latest beta has no TWRP so how could you have it with TWRP?

Are you sure you are using MMX?🤔

Last edited by a moderator:

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
I don't have this problem
Well unless my phone has a problem I tried stable Xiaomi EU ver 12.5.7.0 and apps cold boot was slower than stock at a point to be unacceptable for a "ultra" device. For example WhatsApp on stock global splash screen is almost instant, on xiaomi EU was taking almost 1 second. Maybe a new update solved this I don't know

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
And I should format and loose everything without a proof? Maybe someone of you could record a video test of the following apps opening: WhatsApp, Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's always mandatory to format data when you switch to a different branch ROM
    No need, it is enough to see apps ooening time,on Xiaomi EU is much slower
    D
    Deleted member 5408779

Yes i have the latest beta which is already without injected TWRP.

And yes, you are right. The things mentioned in faq is just in case you run into issues with safetynet fails for example. But that doesn't mean you will have it.

As i said it works out of the box for me without doing anything. Not sure why it didn't work for you.
    Hello, I was wondering if it's mandatory to format (from Stock V12.5.6.0.RKAEUXM to Xiaomi.EU) ?
    It always is. If you want to basically keep everything do a backup in the Xiaomi Settings. move them to your pc then and also copy your videos and photos manually from your phone. That way you should have literally everything (some apps(not all) require you to login again)