considering Nokia 8, does no led notification bother you?

Search This thread

alfienoakes63

Sep 30, 2012
Hi, I need a screen with a very bright screen. I am considering buying a nokia 8 but the only thing holding me back is the lack of led notification. Does it bother you or not? Appreciate anyones thoughts.

John Hoyne

Oct 14, 2008
I don't miss it at all, and now I like the fact that it's not always blinking for something.

The glance screen will tell you if you missed phone calls or SMS, although you do have to move the phone for it to come on.

I thought that I would miss the notification LED, but am getting on fine without it.

alfienoakes63

Sep 30, 2012
I don't miss it at all, and now I like the fact that it's not always blinking for something.

The glance screen will tell you if you missed phone calls or SMS, although you do have to move the phone for it to come on.

I thought that I would miss the notification LED, but am getting on fine without it.

thanks, so just moving the phone turns on glance screen? Seems like a good alternative.

John Hoyne

Oct 14, 2008
Yes moving the phone will turn on the glance screen.

I attach two pictures, one of glance screen in operation and the second of the possible settings for the glance screen. The time-out for the glance screen can be set up to 20 minutes.

I should point out that while the screen on the Nokia 8 will not disappoint for clarity and brightness, that the glance screen is dim (to save battery) and you cannot make it brighter.

Hope that helps

Attachments

• glance2.jpg
    glance2.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 2,044
  • Screenshot_20171212-160251.png
    Screenshot_20171212-160251.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 2,003
Reactions: alfienoakes63

MrBelter

Apr 10, 2011
I cant remember the last phone i had with a notification LED, i had forgotten it was even a thing.

shredzone

Jul 30, 2012
Cologne
thanks, so just moving the phone turns on glance screen? Seems like a good alternative.

Not really... It only shows counters for missed calls, mails and texts. Missed messages from other apps (like messengers) are not shown. Besides that, the counter font is very tiny. I turned off glance screen after a few days because I found it totally useless...

So, yes: I actually miss a notification LED.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes moving the phone will turn on the glance screen.

I attach two pictures, one of glance screen in operation and the second of the possible settings for the glance screen. The time-out for the glance screen can be set up to 20 minutes.

I should point out that while the screen on the Nokia 8 will not disappoint for clarity and brightness, that the glance screen is dim (to save battery) and you cannot make it brighter.

Hope that helps
    I'm the opposite end of the stick. I think glance is cr@p and do miss the notification led.
    I'm the opposite end of the stick. I think glance is cr@p and do miss the notification led.
    +1 here, one more reason for BLN