Constant android.process.media force closes [CM7.0.3] [4/24OC][verygreen SD]

Search This thread

Taosaur

May 4, 2011
Ohiopolis
taosaur.blogspot.com
Does anyone have any advice? My system was very stable, then I upgraded my uboot and flashed the 3.1 beta. The beta performed terribly, so I flashed back to the build in the title, and now all these force closes. I did install Pure Messenger and Pulse in the meantime and put up some widgets.

I'm planning to try out Phiremod on eMMC and see how that works out, but if there's a fix for this issue, I'd like to try it out. I have CWM on eMMC, but I'm thinking if I clear caches in there, it will be the caches in my stock OS install on eMMC, correct? Can I point it to the SD install?

hockeyfamily737

Apr 3, 2011
Connecticut
Does anyone have any advice? My system was very stable, then I upgraded my uboot and flashed the 3.1 beta. The beta performed terribly, so I flashed back to the build in the title, and now all these force closes. I did install Pure Messenger and Pulse in the meantime and put up some widgets.

I'm planning to try out Phiremod on eMMC and see how that works out, but if there's a fix for this issue, I'd like to try it out. I have CWM on eMMC, but I'm thinking if I clear caches in there, it will be the caches in my stock OS install on eMMC, correct? Can I point it to the SD install?

Boot into Clockwork. Under Mounts / Storage wipe cache, then go into "advanced" and wipe dalvik cache (will cause your device to lock & need hard reboot). Then boot your machine as normal. Load time will be a little on the long side because your Nook will be rebuilding cache...perfectly normal. This has to be done when going back to the stables from the Beta CM7.

Taosaur

May 4, 2011
Ohiopolis
taosaur.blogspot.com
Boot into Clockwork. Under Mounts / Storage wipe cache, then go into "advanced" and wipe dalvik cache (will cause your device to lock & need hard reboot). Then boot your machine as normal. Load time will be a little on the long side because your Nook will be rebuilding cache...perfectly normal. This has to be done when going back to the stables from the Beta CM7.

But again, with CWM on eMMC and CM7 on SD, won't that wipe the caches for the stock install on eMMC rather than for CM7?

knaries2000

Apr 13, 2009
Just go to settings, applications, manage application, in the all tab, find "media storage" if I remembered correctly, then go in and clear data, reboot then you should be fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That method did not work, btw, I'm guessing because it wasn't wiping the caches for the ROM on the card. Any way to do this for a verygreen SD install?

In terminal emulator, su then rm /data/dalvik-cache/*