• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Constant app/system crashes on Galaxy S21 Ultra

Search This thread

turnert

May 24, 2015
Las Vegas
My Galaxy s21 has been crashing constantly for about a day now. I thought maybe it was just an app or something causing the issue so I factory reset my device but nothing changed its still crashes at least once every 5 minutes. At this point I am thinking its a hardware issue. Any help would be appreciated.

• Sad
Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
If it's returnable, get a cash refund. This phone is sounding more like a dog (no offense to K-9s intended) more each passing day. Multiply defects.
It may be a bad firmware load but who cares(?) if you can get your money back or at least a new replacement.
Sammy's done nothing but drop the ball this year...

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
My Galaxy s21 has been crashing constantly for about a day now. I thought maybe it was just an app or something causing the issue so I factory reset my device but nothing changed its still crashes at least once every 5 minutes. At this point I am thinking its a hardware issue. Any help would be appreciated.
Have you tried booting into safe mode to see if the phone is stable then? That would help indicate if it's a rogue thrid party app.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I'm on Twitter all the time though, used Flamingo before and that's good but I like the features on the official app. It runs like sh** though.
Having it running as an app is completely unacceptable.
Worse...
The platform itself is heavily censored. Like FB most of your information is best keep private. These platforms have ruined many lives and careers. They are purveyors is disinformation and are political in nature.
Known data miners and abusers.
No. Don't feed the beast.
You're far better off on smaller forums.

Reactions: Batfink33

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I haven't tried safe mode yet but I would assume a factory reset would be almost as good. Oddly the problem seems to be gone now no clue why though. Hopefully it doesn't come back.
It most likely will reoccure. Always best to find the root cause.
Factory resets should be reserved for after firmware upgrades and malware infections that can't be eradicated.
Occasionally a poorly written apk will alter hidden setting values permanently on uninstalling it. Sometimes you can reinstall that app and correct those values otherwise... factory reset time.

turnert

May 24, 2015
Las Vegas
Here's an update incase anyone is curious. Basically I contacted Samsung support and they told me I could bring it to a local repair shop to get it fixed. The first time I brought it they reflashed the firmware but that didn't work it was still constantly crashing. When I brought it back they replaced the motherboard. That worked but sadly cell service does not work. When I brought it back they Basically just said that I should get a replacement device but Samsung was "out of stock" so there was nothing they could do. Now I'm Basically stuck with a non functional galaxy s21.

• Angry

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Here's an update incase anyone is curious. Basically I contacted Samsung support and they told me I could bring it to a local repair shop to get it fixed. The first time I brought it they reflashed the firmware but that didn't work it was still constantly crashing. When I brought it back they replaced the motherboard. That worked but sadly cell service does not work. When I brought it back they Basically just said that I should get a replacement device but Samsung was "out of stock" so there was nothing they could do. Now I'm Basically stuck with a non functional galaxy s21.
How loathsome of Samsung. *Grrrrrrr*
Ask for a full refund check.
That's what Samsung should have offered rather than have you babysitting a paperweight.
Lean on them. If purchased with a MC or Visa card file a claim. You will have to return the device for the bank to issue credit if they can.

Did they replace the C port PCB?

turnert

May 24, 2015
Las Vegas
That's what Samsung should have offered rather than have you babysitting a paperweight.
Lean on them. If purchased with a MC or Visa card file a claim. You will have to return the device for the bank to issue credit if they can.

Part of the problem is I bought it from t-mobile so its still being paid off and neither Samsung or t-mobile will replace/refund me for the device. And no the c port was not replaced.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Part of the problem is I bought it from t-mobile so its still being paid off and neither Samsung or t-mobile will replace/refund me for the device. And no the c port was not replaced.
A bad or mismatched C port PCB can kill the internet at least on the Note 10+
They may have used the wrong mobo variant.
Tech can be inept buffoons. Those little part numbers have to match exactly...

Lean on T-mobile, they are in breach of contract.
Contact their retainment dept, escalate the case, lean all over them like a cheap suit.
Contact your State Attorney General's office and the BBB. File complaints.

Completely unacceptable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you tried booting into safe mode to see if the phone is stable then? That would help indicate if it's a rogue thrid party app.
    Trash app. Ditch it.
    FB, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Instagram none of that crapware runs on my phone ever.
    I'm on Twitter all the time though, used Flamingo before and that's good but I like the features on the official app. It runs like sh** though.
    Having it running as an app is completely unacceptable.
    Worse...
    The platform itself is heavily censored. Like FB most of your information is best keep private. These platforms have ruined many lives and careers. They are purveyors is disinformation and are political in nature.
    Known data miners and abusers.
    No. Don't feed the beast.
    You're far better off on smaller forums.
    I haven't tried safe mode yet but I would assume a factory reset would be almost as good. Oddly the problem seems to be gone now no clue why though. Hopefully it doesn't come back.