contact sync after flashing 8.1 system image not syncing all contacts

Search This thread

qnc

Apr 27, 2007
Just to let everyone know in case they are sent here after searching. I'm on 7.1.1 Essential Ph-1 and had the same contact issue.. I figured out removing the G+ profile was the fix but boy was it a hassle. I whish I would have came here first.

dratsablive

Feb 20, 2011
HARRISBURG
I did it three times. Hope that makes you feel better ha!

On a related note, I was trying to figure out why I couldn't find the Record button on the Xfinity TV Remote app. I deleted the app, cleared the data/cache, several times. Still had no option to record programs from it. Then I found a thread on Xfinity site that says TIVO had them remove it due to a pending lawsuit.

KCUF TIVO!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i found that if I removed the profile url a contact would sync to the phone. see atttachment

anyone else experiencing this issue? I am only showing 370/408 contacts. I tried to troubleshoot this with google and they couldn't figure it out. They reassured me that it would eventually sync.
    anyone else experiencing this issue? I am only showing 370/408 contacts. I tried to troubleshoot this with google and they couldn't figure it out. They reassured me that it would eventually sync.
    Thanks for the kind words. The way i figured it out was i saw it wasn't effecting my apple friends' contacts but it was effecting my android friends. hahaha

Don't forget to thank this guy, people. Great catch for a junior member.
    D
    Deleted member 739586
    I also had this issue with 8.0 and tried to eliminate the issue by adding more information to a contact step by step and see when it stops synching. I found out that multiple dates to a contact (e.g. me wife had a birthday and a marriage date stored) make it fail. So I removed additional dates in contacts and synching no works flawlessly.
    seems to be either fixed now, or as others have mentioned going to settings > apps then tapping three-dot menu, and selecting to show system app then going to contacts storage and clearing data/cache re-sync's from the cloud and all is well (hopefully).

clearing data/cache fixed it for me as I had sync off.

EDIT: this also seems to clear your call history, if that is important to you, make a backup first!