• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question contacts issue

Search This thread

yoco007

Sep 5, 2011
My dad bought Redmi 9T. I synched his contacts (google account), but now when he opens the "phone" app, under contacts it shows emails as well. I tried looking how to hide contacts with emails, to see only contacts with phone numbers, but I don't see this option anywhere. Am I missing something here? Plz help!

denNorske

Dec 9, 2015
Norway
floof.cc
Hia Yoco!

Your dad can go to contacts.google.com on his account, and filter those contacts there.
It's a manual task to clean up contacts, unless you use an app or tool dedicated for this.

There are some useful tips on how to avoid saving emails automatically on google, when mails are sent or replied to.
Read the second list item here.

yoco007

Sep 5, 2011
Hia Yoco!

Your dad can go to contacts.google.com on his account, and filter those contacts there.
It's a manual task to clean up contacts, unless you use an app or tool dedicated for this.

There are some useful tips on how to avoid saving emails automatically on google, when mails are sent or replied to.
Read the second list item here.
Thank you for your reply :)
He won't know how to do any of above so it's on me to do it! Can I create a group and move contacts with emails?
Do you know of a good app for this?

yoco007

Sep 5, 2011
So I manually moved all contacts without phone numbers into different group on contacts.google.com.
But after opening phone app (bottom left), in contacts tab, it's still showing contacts without phone numbers.
sCEsApL.jpg

Is this phone app the default Xiaomi app, because it's really bad. I've never had so much problems with any phone before :(

Last edited:

denNorske

Dec 9, 2015
Norway
floof.cc
Ahw I see! You could try to disable contacts sync under "accounts" in the phone settings (and make sure the sync is disabled before you continue) - then delete all contacts and/or clear the cache and data of the contacts application.

Then, attempt to re-sync the contacts again by enabling the contacts sync in the google account settings on android settings, and see if the grouping you did worked out. I am sadly not familiar with the phone in specific, but the contacts are fairly limited in terms of these features. If the problem is merging, contacts.google.com has this as well - it will suggest contacts to merge for you, if there are duplicates.

See in play store if there are better alternatives! It may help you a far way!