Question Contacts Widget without annoying icon

Search This thread

lirong

Feb 21, 2012
Hi everyone - on all my previous Galaxy phones I could add Direct Contacts widgets to my homescreen. I would get a small photo of the person whose contact it was, and then if I tap that picture, I have the option to call, text, etc.

Since switching to my S23, when I create that widget in Contacts it creates a shortcut with a photo, but in the lower right corner of the photo is a small orange (or blue if its the google contacts app) "contacts app" icon to show which app the widget came from.

It looks bad and covers up a chunk of the person's contact photo. It only started happening when I switched photos and I cannot figure out why or how to get rid of the little icon superimposed on the contact photos.

Anyone know what I can do? Thanks

Reactions: FLdroid

lirong

Feb 21, 2012
no way to somehow disable that app icon? is that new somehow? cant figure out why it didnt happen in the past and only started now.
in fact some of the contact shortcuts I imported when I switched phones still retain that look but any new ones I add have the icon...

carpedm415

Aug 22, 2023
SF, CA, USA
I couldn't stand this and couldn't fix it, so downloaded "Contacts Widget" which has a lot of functionality and allowed me to set up pretty little pictures without ugly orange app icons. The Pro version has even more functionality if you want to go to town with customization.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone - on all my previous Galaxy phones I could add Direct Contacts widgets to my homescreen. I would get a small photo of the person whose contact it was, and then if I tap that picture, I have the option to call, text, etc.

Since switching to my S23, when I create that widget in Contacts it creates a shortcut with a photo, but in the lower right corner of the photo is a small orange (or blue if its the google contacts app) "contacts app" icon to show which app the widget came from.

It looks bad and covers up a chunk of the person's contact photo. It only started happening when I switched photos and I cannot figure out why or how to get rid of the little icon superimposed on the contact photos.

Anyone know what I can do? Thanks