controllers that attach to the phone

Search This thread

myth1001

Nov 15, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I just fell in love with my Fold 2 AGAIN! I use Moonlight to stream my PC games on to the fold and play it with a controller. It's so playable! Awesome screen.

PC Forza Horizon 4 with Max settings on a Fold 2. DROOOLLLS:cowboy:

Dubini

Aug 30, 2013
Hey guys, i could use some help. I just got my flydigi wasp 2, and as warned it doesn't work. The app works, and it recognises it as a gamepad instead of a wasp, and it kinda works (poorly), and then eventually it recognises it as a wasp 2, and as soon as it does, it starts connecting and disconnecting over and over without ever working. Someone was also helpful enough to let me know that the panda gamepad mapper worked with it, but unfortunately it seems it doesn't work with the wasp 2, or at least not for me, i have it connected to gamepad bluetooth sucessfully, but the app says i don't have a controller connected....

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i have been waiting for the controller for almost 2 months, keen to play some emulators like ps2, and now seems i can't get it to work :/
So if anyone knows how to make the stock app work, or the panda gamepad mapper, or even any other app, i'd be incredibly grateful. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Dubini

Aug 30, 2013
It looks like by some miracle i've managed to update the controller, and it seems it fixed most of my problems. I can now use it with the oem app, and it recognises it and stays connected, and i can even use the mapping. I still have some issues, mainly in setting up, any tips would be appreciated. On the games that support the wasp 2, it works great, namely real racing 3 is the one i tried so far, just connect and here we go. On the ones i need to map though, not as easy, aka ppsspp and damonps2. The problem being, as soon as the controler connects, it won't let me use the touch screen, which makes it damn near impossible to map the buttons since i can't do it with the controller. I've managed somehow to map on the ppsspp but even though i mapped it right, it seems not all the buttons work on the right place, and i can't use the screen at the same time, meaning i can only use the controller and not any other buttons on the touchscreen. Is there any mode i need to put the controller in to map it properly, or something im doing wrong ? and isnt it supposed to let me use the screen at the same time ? i swear ive seen some video of someone playing using the controller and screen in conjunction. Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated, thank you !

Last edited:

Dubini

Aug 30, 2013
I've made some more progress. I've ditched the oem app, which was clearly screwing it up, i've kept it only to update the controller. I'm now using the octopus app, which lets me map it properly, and i can now seem to be able to use the controller and touch screen at the same time, which is great. On the ppsspp app I've been able to map it perfectly. On the damonps2 though it seems the controller support is a paid option, and also the octopus app seems to have some trouble to work with it, since it requires play services support, and it crashes. So now i just gotta make it work on the damonps2 and i'll be all set. But i already can play some ratchet and clank on the psp xD, now i just need that underground 2 and budokai 3 life on the ps2 and it's golden xD. Still any tips and help are always appreciated, thanks !

Apacolipz

Jan 21, 2021
It is infuriating that it's this hard to find a simple controller for a mobile game. Video games in general are as elaborate and successful as they've ever been. Multibillion-dollar industry and mobile games are growing just as fast so why is it so hard for us to find a controller to fit the greatest phone on the planet as it currently sits. I just bought mine and I'm also looking for a controller to play any particular game from the Google Play Store not just from Xbox so if anyone has any suggestions that work definitively please let me know

bazanime

Apr 7, 2010
It is infuriating that it's this hard to find a simple controller for a mobile game. Video games, in general, are as elaborate and successful as they've ever been. Multibillion-dollar industry and mobile games are growing just as fast so why is it so hard for us to find a controller to fit the greatest phone on the planet as it currently sits. I just bought mine and I'm also looking for a controller to play any particular game from the Google Play Store not just from Xbox so if anyone has any suggestions that work definitively please let me know

Most games in the play store are compatible with the Xbox controller since they use x-mode control scheme. there are of course many other mobile controllers. Note that there are some play store games that don't support controllers anyway, they need software to map controller inputs.
Look at this video to get good advice

jmpcrx

Feb 5, 2009
diss
I have the ipega 9083s, is good for the price, but not the best. A bit sticky on the analogue at times. And don't like the buttons being below, need to be above like the xbox cont. Back buttons are arkward too. But for £36, is pretty good, especially for playing gta5 through streaming.