How To Guide Convert China ROM to India ROM

Search This thread

sonoppa317

Jan 5, 2022
Back up your data before do this because all of your data will be gone. No more question.

1, Unlock bootloader.

If you are on China ROM, install Deep Test and install it.

If you are already on India ROM, you can unlock bootloader now by update to Realme UI 3 and install this rollback file : https://download.c.realme.com/flash/Rollbackpack/realme_neo2_5g/oplus_ota_downgrade.zip

Then you just need to install Deep Test and do the same as China ROM.

Next, install Realme PC Suite on your PC and grant it permission to install driver.

Install ADB Minimal and Fastboot : https://taimienphi.vn/download-minimal-adb-and-fastboot-21994

After that, open Developer Setting on your phone, turn on OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.

Plug your phone into PC, open ADB and type :
adb devices

Your phone will show up pop-up to grant ADB permission, tap Allow.

Boot your phone to Fastboot Mode.

Type : fastboot flashing unlock

2, Install TWRP

3, Flash India ROM

Install this rollback file to your PC.

In TWRP, press Wipe - Format Data - type yes

Go to main screen, press Reboot - Recovery

After TWRP boot up again, press Wipe - Advanced Wipe - tick all of these box and swipe.

Transfer the file you have installed from PC to your phone.

In TWRP, press Install, choose the file ROM you have transfered and swipe to install.

After it done, reboot and you are done.

Last edited:
Reactions: mucong123

Batti90

Nov 26, 2021
hi i have followed your instructions though I am having trouble with the bootloader unlock your commands fastboot flash unlock & fastboot flashing unlock doesn't do anything is there another command I can try?

I am using the Chinese version I have USB debugging on and OEM unlock on.... it will go into the bootloader screen but once I'm on the screen the commands don't work or do anything

sonoppa317

Jan 5, 2022
hi i have followed your instructions though I am having trouble with the bootloader unlock your commands fastboot flash unlock & fastboot flashing unlock doesn't do anything is there another command I can try?

I am using the Chinese version I have USB debugging on and OEM unlock on.... it will go into the bootloader screen but once I'm on the screen the commands don't work or do anything
Have you install fastboot driver in your PC ? And have you installed Deep Test ?

Batti90

Nov 26, 2021
1641458280476.png
I have tried on another PC and i am getting this message (Waiting for device)

sonoppa317

Jan 5, 2022
View attachment 5501199 I have tried on another PC and i am getting this message (Waiting for device)
Install any driver which said "to install firmware"

Batti90

Nov 26, 2021
I have run the fastboot application as an administrator is there another way to install it?

This will be replaced with official recovery but you must not relock the bootloader unless you want your phone to be bric

This will be replaced with official recovery but you must not relock the bootloader unless you want your phone to be bricked.
I am a normal user who dont want an unlocked bootloader all the time so what i did is this:

- Unlocked bootloader flash twrp and magisk
- booted into system and gone through magisk installation
- used rooted phone for 2 days 😁 (just to try out)
- after 2 days i completely uninstall magisk using "magisk uninstall option from app" (device will restart at this moment)
- then flash ota from twrp
- flashed official boot.img and recovery.img from realme firmware (Note that i was on A.07 version)
- Factory reset while unlocked bootloader
- Locked bootloader using fastboot (Device will reset after locking bootloader)
- installed deeptest app and optioned out from deeptesting
- enable developer options and off oem unlock and restart
- Voila you have Indian Version with no Root or unlocked Bootloader
- i will attach official realme recovery.img and boot.img soon for yhe version A.07.

Ksingh.1994

Jan 27, 2022
Back up your data before do this because all of your data will be gone. No more question.

1, Unlock bootloader.

If you are on China ROM, install Deep Test and install it.

If you are already on India ROM, you can unlock bootloader now by update to Realme UI 3 and install this rollback file : https://download.c.realme.com/flash/Rollbackpack/realme_neo2_5g/oplus_ota_downgrade.zip

Then you just need to install Deep Test and do the same as China ROM.

Next, install Realme PC Suite on your PC and grant it permission to install driver.

Install ADB Minimal and Fastboot : https://taimienphi.vn/download-minimal-adb-and-fastboot-21994

After that, open Developer Setting on your phone, turn on OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.

Plug your phone into PC, open ADB and type :
adb devices

Your phone will show up pop-up to grant ADB permission, tap Allow.

Boot your phone to Fastboot Mode.

Type : fastboot flashing unlock

2, Install TWRP

3, Flash India ROM

Install this rollback file to your PC.

In TWRP, press Wipe - Format Data - type yes

Go to main screen, press Reboot - Recovery

After TWRP boot up again, press Wipe - Advanced Wipe - tick all of these box and swipe.

Transfer the file you have installed from PC to your phone.

In TWRP, press Install, choose the file ROM you have transfered and swipe to install.

After it done, reboot and you are done.
Hi
I've unlocked bootloader
installed twrp
but when i try to install the zip it gives me the error that this file is for abcd device and this is RMX3370
what should i do

Top Liked Posts