How To Guide Convert ColorOS to OxygenOS (OFP & OTA | Bootloader reLock & PIN working)

Search This thread

Canuck Knarf

Dec 19, 2015
Google Pixel 6 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
What order did you do the process in? I wanted to do it too, my phone is bricked
There's a difference from boot loop or bricked...bricked is no power black screen...push all three buttons ,have device manager open it will come up under ports if your have 9008 usb drivers installed...boot loop will shut your phone off....it waits a few minutes and tries to start up...you may have to hold all three buttons until you feels it vibrate...release buttons and it should enter fastboot..or I heard of just recovery...this is a ok thing ...fix able..
Hard bricked sometimes MSM can't read the phone and it will fail...need to send back for repair.

ChrisFeiveel84

Jun 29, 2017
Germany
OnePlus 11
There's a difference from boot loop or bricked...bricked is no power black screen...push all three buttons ,have device manager open it will come up under ports if your have 9008 usb drivers installed...boot loop will shut your phone off....it waits a few minutes and tries to start up...you may have to hold all three buttons until you feels it vibrate...release buttons and it should enter fastboot..or I heard of just recovery...this is a ok thing ...fix able..
Hard bricked sometimes MSM can't read the phone and it will fail...need to send back for repair.
I have never saw a hardbricked op that you can not boot to edl

The problem is on all op devices (and other ) that the phone goes out from edl mode when you not holt the two buttons (vol+ and vol- ) after 10-15 secends

When you hold pressed this two buttons the op reboot after 10-15 secends back to edl mode

Canuck Knarf

Dec 19, 2015
Google Pixel 6 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
I have never saw a hardbricked op that you can not boot to edl

The problem is on all op devices (and other ) that the phone goes out from edl mode when you not holt the two buttons (vol+ and vol- ) after 10-15 secends

When you hold pressed this two buttons the op reboot after 10-15 secends back to edl mode
Thats right you will always have edl...Now MSM reads and and writes...If you have totally bricked...wiped everything off phone your MSM will Always stay at 3% and fails after 30 to 36 seconds...Needs to be sent back or unless they come out with 9008 line bush save brick file

I have MSM and one totally bricked OP 11...had two other peeps try with MSM..both say Its totally wipe..needs to go back.
The OP 10 pro has jumper point when totally dead , you my have to jump them out in order for MSM to work . OP 11 I cant find the jumper point ..Yet

Last edited:

ChrisFeiveel84

Jun 29, 2017
Germany
OnePlus 11
Thats right you will always have edl...Now MSM reads and and writes...If you have totally bricked...wiped everything off phone your MSM will Always stay at 3% and fails after 30 to 36 seconds...Needs to be sent back or unless they come out with 9008 line bush save brick file
so that everything is deleted from the op11, a critical partition has to be unlocked, which most people don't do, since most only unlock the bootloader

The msm tool has already read older oneplus phones first (like the param partition) and only then flashed. and in order to delete the param partition, it must first be critically unlocked, otherwise it will be locked

ChrisFeiveel84

Jun 29, 2017
Germany
OnePlus 11

I have MSM and one totally bricked OP 11...had two other peeps try with MSM..both say Its totally wipe..needs to go back.
The OP 10 pro has jumper point when totally dead , you my have to jump them out in order for MSM to work . OP 11 I cant find the jumper point ..Yet
Have you a pic from op11 motherboard ?

Reactions: khalad1

Canuck Knarf

Dec 19, 2015
Google Pixel 6 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
so that everything is deleted from the op11, a critical partition has to be unlocked, which most people don't do, since most only unlock the bootloader

The msm tool has already read older oneplus phones first (like the param partition) and only then flashed. and in order to delete the param partition, it must first be critically unlocked, otherwise it will be locked
You can say anything you want...but if you have a totaly bricked ..MSM anit helping you.. Hold On I get pic of Mother board for you

Canuck Knarf

Dec 19, 2015
Google Pixel 6 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
Here you go. I wish there was a J- Tag cable to jump start it or something ... I heard OP service peeps have a cable to do this through the USB and phone...!!
I made a cable with a reset button on it between the green wire and ground on the cable it will reboot phone from charging mode to file transfer mode...or it will reboot edl...but it still dosent help ( thats a working phone and one stuck in edl )

Attachments

• IMG20230323161249.jpg
    IMG20230323161249.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG20230323161301.jpg
    IMG20230323161301.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG20230323161328.jpg
    IMG20230323161328.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG20230323161338.jpg
    IMG20230323161338.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:

sefai77

Nov 3, 2010
www.measureconvert.com
its ok. My phone is working now with coloros. i want to convert oxygenos.
What order did you do the process in ?

Jason_Lim

Jun 9, 2020
Is the oneplus 11 china version COS , if using the Malaysia sim card is slower ?
I dint change to oos .
Am using color is.
I feel the data Is quite slow.
Is it just me ?

ChrisFeiveel84

Jun 29, 2017
Germany
OnePlus 11
Hello all

TradingShenzhen https://tradingshenzhen.com/en/oneplus-11/oneplus-11-12gb256gb?affp=40119 claims that ota update possible on CN device with A.08

Any idea on how is this possible?

Hello all

TradingShenzhen https://tradingshenzhen.com/en/oneplus-11/oneplus-11-12gb256gb?affp=40119 claims that ota update possible on CN device with A.08

1679915142775.jpeg

because I wouldn't believe a word because on the page it is said that the device has the 2447 India ROM on it, but here it is said that it is the EU firmware

mfirestorm

Feb 1, 2023
Hello all

translated from this Chinese forum (Need to install Coolapk's app): https://www.coolapk.com/feed/437324...yMjNmYTM~&shareFrom=com.coolapk.market_13.0.2

download adb tool,fastboot enhance tool,Oxygen a07' OTA full package(we only need payload.bin),Oxygen a07's ofp package(we only need my_preload folder),cos's unbrick package(we only need oplusstanvbk. img),大侠阿木工具箱 https://optool.daxiaamu.com/wiki_pctool (we only need the driver)。

1: first, use 大侠阿木工具箱 to install driver,connect phone and enter developer mode,open usb debug and enable OEM lock。
execute "adb reboot-bootloader",to let the phone enter fastboot。
execute "fastboot flashing unlock",volumn down,power button。
after entering bootloader,execute "adb reboot-bootloader"。

2:extract Oxgyen a07's payload. bin file,open fastboot enhance,ignore unknown partition,show llog and then flash in payload. bin

3:use fastboot enhance to enter fastbootd mode,the phone should enter language selection,make sure✅ignore known partition,then flash the payload.bin from Oxygen a07's package.

4:extract oplusstanvbk.img from Abandon_PHB110_V13_202301030.zip into adb tool's radiofolder。(this is to avoid bootloop)
extract the my_preload folder from the a07's OPF package to adb toolbox folder。(This is the pre-installed software of Oxygen OS)
when in the fastbootd(language selection UI) mode, flash in the following two files,
fastboot flash --slot=all oplusstanvbk radio/oplusstanvbk.img
fastboot flash --slot=all my_preload images
/my_preload/my_preloadxxx.img

5:We can enter oxygen os now,do not insert SIM and skip all the setups after entering the syaem。
enter developer mode,enable usb debug,execute "adb reboot-fastbootloader" to enter fastboot,execture command "fastboot flashing lock",press volumn down and power and lock the fastboot。

enter Oxygen OS again and SKIP ALL THE SETUP steps,

MOST IMPORTANT: DO NOT UPGRADE THE SYSTEM USING OTA!!!!! It will bootloop.

mfirestorm

Feb 1, 2023
View attachment 5873713

because I wouldn't believe a word because on the page it is said that the device has the 2447 India ROM on it, but here it is said that it is the EU firmware
From some Chinese forums, I can see some posts saying that the A11 ColorOS had removed the region lock. I am using this version now and there haven't been any region lock messages appearing (Had been using this version for 1 day now).

tassos_chry

May 26, 2013
translated from this Chinese forum (Need to install Coolapk's app): https://www.coolapk.com/feed/437324...yMjNmYTM~&shareFrom=com.coolapk.market_13.0.2

download adb tool,fastboot enhance tool,Oxygen a07' OTA full package(we only need payload.bin),Oxygen a07's ofp package(we only need my_preload folder),cos's unbrick package(we only need oplusstanvbk. img),大侠阿木工具箱 https://optool.daxiaamu.com/wiki_pctool (we only need the driver)。

1: first, use 大侠阿木工具箱 to install driver,connect phone and enter developer mode,open usb debug and enable OEM lock。
execute "adb reboot-bootloader",to let the phone enter fastboot。
execute "fastboot flashing unlock",volumn down,power button。
after entering bootloader,execute "adb reboot-bootloader"。

2:extract Oxgyen a07's payload. bin file,open fastboot enhance,ignore unknown partition,show llog and then flash in payload. bin

3:use fastboot enhance to enter fastbootd mode,the phone should enter language selection,make sure✅ignore known partition,then flash the payload.bin from Oxygen a07's package.

4:extract oplusstanvbk.img from Abandon_PHB110_V13_202301030.zip into adb tool's radiofolder。(this is to avoid bootloop)
extract the my_preload folder from the a07's OPF package to adb toolbox folder。(This is the pre-installed software of Oxygen OS)
when in the fastbootd(language selection UI) mode, flash in the following two files,
fastboot flash --slot=all oplusstanvbk radio/oplusstanvbk.img
fastboot flash --slot=all my_preload images
/my_preload/my_preloadxxx.img

5:We can enter oxygen os now,do not insert SIM and skip all the setups after entering the syaem。
enter developer mode,enable usb debug,execute "adb reboot-fastbootloader" to enter fastboot,execture command "fastboot flashing lock",press volumn down and power and lock the fastboot。

enter Oxygen OS again and SKIP ALL THE SETUP steps,

MOST IMPORTANT: DO NOT UPGRADE THE SYSTEM USING OTA!!!!! It will bootloop.
Hello friend and thanks for your message, you're saying that ota update will bootloop the device, but the site claims that ota will work. I know the way to convert to oxygenos, I just wanted to know if there's a new method that will allow the device to ota update

nonegor

Feb 17, 2023
Hello friend and thanks for your message, you're saying that ota update will bootloop the device, but the site claims that ota will work. I know the way to convert to oxygenos, I just wanted to know if there's a new method that will allow the device to ota update
NO METHOD
I keep my phone BL unlocked and flash it when there is the updated package

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: 18th March 2023

**** Give Up ****

I got so fedup and decided to goto HK and get my OnePlus 11, a real CPH2449 GLO. Paid and waiting to collect.

I will not be update and maintaining this post from now on.

Why give up?

Minor issue like auto brightness and things is still something i can live along with.

Some othe rmajor issue are just impossible to make this chiniese converted 1+11 to be my daily driver:

- Auto reboot randomly
    - Lagging randomly, screen lag, video recording lag.
    - OTA update issue, refreshing/reinstall at every update is just anonying

My advice? just get a proper non chinese version or if you own a Chinese version just stick with colorOS.

**** Flash at your own risk ****

*** DO NOT OTA UPDATA Your Phone After Convert. It will brick and only Official MSM Tool can save you ***

A Oneplus user since OnePlus one. Give up Oneplus and swtiched to Nothing phone since Oneplus 10. Decided to try out OnePlus 11 and ColorOS is really pain in the a**

This post tested converting from PHB110 to CPH2447 / CPH2449. I did not test CPH2451.

Model:
    • CPH2447 - Indian
    • CPH2449_EEA - EU
    • CPH2449_GLO - International
    • CPH2451 - North America
    • PHB110 - China

Credits:

Thanks for their feedback

Following is the steps to flash the OTA updates:

Step 1:

Download all the usual tools
    Step 2:

To boot into bootloader from Android
    1. Turn On developer mode
    2. Turn on USB Debug
    3. Turn on OEM-unlock
    4. Run $ adb reboot-bootloader
    5. After enter into fastboot (The one with Menu and shows SECURE BOOT/DEVICE STATE)
    6. Run $ fastboot flashing unlock
    7. Reboot back into bootloader, as in step 2 item 4.
    Step 3:
    1. Download and unzip eea73728a1b945ea8e3ff6b628495af5.zip
    2. Goto Fastboot Enhance
    3. Check "Ignore Unknown Partition"
    4. Make sure fastbootd is NO (Phone Screen: The one with Menu and shows SECURE BOOT/DEVICE STATE)
    5. Flash payload.bin

Step 4:
    1. Boot into fastbootd (Phone Screen: The one with language selection)
    2. Goto Fastboot Enhance
    3. Check "Ignore Unknown Partition"
    4. Make sure fastbootd is YES
    5. Flash payload.bin
    Step 5:
    1. Download and unzip Abandon_PHB110_V13_202301030.zip
    2. Unzip make sure radio/oplusstanvbk.img exits
    3. Boot into fastbootd (Phone Screen: The one with language selection)
    4. Use Fastboot Enhance or command line
    5. fastboot flash --slot=all oplusstanvbk radio/oplusstanvbk.img
    Step 6:

Follow step 6 from "flash the OFP/EDL Packages"

Following is the steps to flash the OFP/EDL Packages:

Step 1:

Download all the usual tools

Step 2:

To boot into bootloader from Android
    1. Turn On developer mode
    2. Turn on USB Debug
    3. Turn on OEM-unlock
    4. Run $ adb reboot-bootloader
    5. After enter into fastboot (Phone Screen: The one with Menu and shows SECURE BOOT/DEVICE STATE)
    6. Run $ fastboot flashing unlock
    7. Reboot back into bootloader, as in step 2 item 4.
    Step 3:
    • fastboot flash --slot=all modem radio/modem.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all boot images/boot.img
    • fastboot flash vbmeta_system_a images/vbmeta_system.img
    • fastboot flash vbmeta_system_b images/vbmeta_system.img
    • fastboot flash vbmeta_a images/vbmeta.img
    • fastboot flash vbmeta_b images/vbmeta.img
    • fastboot flash vendor_boot_a images/vendor_boot.img
    • fastboot flash vendor_boot_b images/vendor_boot.img
    • fastboot flash vbmeta_vendor_a images/vbmeta_vendor.img
    • fastboot flash vbmeta_vendor_b images/vbmeta_vendor.img

Step 4:

Go into fastbootd (Phone Screen: The one with language selection)
    • fastboot reboot fastboot
    • fastboot flash --slot=all init_boot images/init_boot.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all abl radio/abl.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all aop radio/aop.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all aop_config radio/aop_config.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all bluetooth radio/bluetooth.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all cpucp radio/cpucp.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all devcfg radio/devcfg.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all dsp radio/dsp.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all dtbo images/dtbo.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all engineering_cdt images/engineering_cdt.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all featenabler radio/featenabler.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all hyp radio/hyp.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all imagefv radio/imagefv.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all keymaster radio/keymaster.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all oplus_sec radio/oplus_sec.img
    • # Flash the ColorOS version A.08 # fastboot flash --slot=all oplusstanvbk radio/oplusstanvbk.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all qupfw radio/qupfw.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all recovery images/recovery.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all shrm radio/shrm.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all splash images/splash.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all tz radio/tz.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all uefi radio/uefi.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all uefisecapp radio/uefisecapp.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all xbl radio/xbl.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all xbl_ramdump radio/xbl_ramdump.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all system images/system.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all system_ext images/system_ext.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all vendor images/vendor.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all product images/product.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all my_product images/my_product.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all odm images/odm.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all my_engineering images/my_engineering.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all vendor_dlkm images/vendor_dlkm.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all system_dlkm images/system_dlkm.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all my_stock images/my_stock.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all my_preload images/my_preload.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all my_heytap images/my_heytap.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all my_carrier images/my_carrier.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all my_region images/my_region.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all my_bigball images/my_bigball.img
    • fastboot flash --slot=all my_manifest images/my_manifest.img

Step 5:

From the fastbootd screen (with language selection),
    • English
    • Format Data

Step 6:

From daxiaamu blog post,
    1. Go in to OxygenOS, skip all the setup. DO NOT SET THE PIN
    2. Go into bootloader again. follow step 2
    3. Run $ fastboot flashing lock
    4. Again, go in to OxygenOS, skip all the setup. DO NOT SET THE PIN
    5. Once passed the setup screen. Goto settings and set the pin

Additional Tips:

If your phone goes into bootloop with oneplus logo. Most likely its not brick. Just need to do a factory reset in fastboot or QLMFlasher.

As mention by mark332 use the free edition. Goto the fastboot tab and unbrick your phone.

I also paid for the commercial edition. Received username/password which can never login to the commercial editon. Commercial edition allows flash in EDL which i wanted to try.

1676377681790.png
    Mod edit - translated by https://translate.google.com/?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&op=translate:
    Are you sick too?
    Bác cũng bị à kk
    Mod edit - translated by https://translate.google.com/?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&op=translate:
    Haha I sent the phone to 2 places and couldn't save it. Hardbrick now
    Haha gửi máy 2 chỗ rồi ko cứu đc. Giờ hardbrick luôn
    Please print4 a message for your convenience :3
    Xin in4 nhắn tin cho tiện bác :3
    what's wrong with it bro? no fastbootd? I'm just wondering how to get up
    nó bị sao bác? ko có fastbootd hả? e cũng mới bị mò mò sao lên đc rồi nè
    What version did you flash?
    bác flash bản nào thế
    @trungth4nth0ng @xuanhoang1811 @Namhoang05

As courtesy I've translated your above posts. With reference to rule no. 4 of the XDA Forum Rules, please post in English or add at least an English translation to your Vietnamese posts.
    4. Use the English language.
    We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.
    Already yesterday, my esteemed team mate @TNSMANI translated posts. This is now enough! Please read my message as a friednly warning! I've subscribed to this thread and any future non-English post will simply get deleted. Additionally, I reserve the right to apply more severe consequences to your accounts.

Thanks for your cooperation!
    Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator
    Just sharing the steps I took for successful flashing of my device

0. Backed up my nudes (obviously)
    1. Unlock bootloader (fastboot flashing unlock)
    2. copy paste the commands line by line, use only the files from images folder

2(a). after fastboot -w I got
    make_f2fs failed: 4294967295
    fastboot: error: Cannot generate image for userdata

Safely ignorable, ntg wrong

2(b). any missing files, again ignore, just proceed (will appear like quite a few missing, dont worry)

3. After the last my_manifest file, I again ran the "fastboot -w" (with same output as 2(a)).
    4. fastboot reboot - brought me to recovery, choose english, factory reset, reboot

After that it booted into OOS, but lock screen security didnt work
    as mentioned in the thread, the solution was to keep locking/unlocking/locking till it worked

Thankfully for me it worked first time so;
    5. fastboot flashing lock - voila
    Please stop littering this forum with repetitive posts. People have already given you advices. Go find a friend offline to help you with firmware flashing if you are not willing to try it yourself. Or request the seller to provide support.
    Dude, I've just got rid of all my problems. Don't you see that I was only looking for help after spend a bunch of money in a phone that was completely useless? Why are you trying to rebuke me for seeking help? Isn't this forum exactly for things like this? If you have nothing to contribute, just shut up and don't be a moron. You can't expect normal users to start flashing phones if they have no clue how to start, which was exactly my case.
    Come on
    Be a better person for fcks sake.
    Oneplus sucks! After having regional lock and limitation of converting from ColorOS to OxygenOS, I gave up finally. It is no more Never Settle, and I become no more a Oneplus fan after 6 years. ColorOS has unlimitedly ridiculous notifications of Chinese advertisements made by Baidu news. You become a pathetic user again facing algorithmic harassment.