Convert/Upgrade the AT&T G6 to H873 OR US997 With VoLTE

Search This thread

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
I flashed from H871 to H873 with no problems. However, I forgot to enable oem unlock before going from H873 to US997. Now I'm stuck in fastboot mode and can't do anything. Is there any way to fix this, or have I bricked my phone?
Did you perform a factory reset after flashing?

Shouldn't have to enable anything before flashing.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Deacon65

Dec 1, 2019
Did you perform a factory reset after flashing?

Shouldn't have to enable anything before flashing.

I did perform a factory reset after flashing to H873. About 30% into the flash to US997 it went into fastboot with a message in red that says "Please check "Enable OEM unlock" in Developer options.

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
I did perform a factory reset after flashing to H873. About 30% into the flash to US997 it went into fastboot with a message in red that says "Please check "Enable OEM unlock" in Developer options.
You need to perform a factory reset after flashing the firmware

Deacon65

Dec 1, 2019
Ahhh as generally you need to reset afterwards.

What happens when you try to put it into download mode and reflash?

I can't get it out of fastboot. I've tried a factory reset. It goes straight back to fastboot. I can't even power it off so I can try to get into download mode.

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
I can't get it out of fastboot. I've tried a factory reset. It goes straight back to fastboot. I can't even power it off so I can try to get into download mode.
You don't need to get it to turn off to get into download mode you just need to get the combination of buttons right when rebooting.

That's your only chance of fixing the current state is getting it into download mode.

Deacon65

Dec 1, 2019
You don't need to get it to turn off to get into download mode you just need to get the combination of buttons right when rebooting.

That's your only chance of fixing the current state is getting it into download mode.

Any chance you know the correct combination of buttons?

Deacon65

Dec 1, 2019
That's great to hear! [emoji16] Was it just the matter of the right button combinations? Yeah it can get confusing.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

It would have been much easier if I had a third hand, or at least an extra finger or two on one hand.

Again, thanks so much. You saved the day.

xoxohey

Dec 12, 2019
Can't do that, dll error

I have h87130e, updated to pie recently. I have tried it but everytime it stucked on 4%, having dll error. What should i do? Plz help

xoxohey

Dec 12, 2019
Have a look

Sorry, I posted earlier.
I have h87130e, updated to pie recently. I have tried it but everytime it stucked on 4%, having dll error. What should i do? Plz help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lets get those warnings out of the way! Warning Do this at your OWN RISK! There is NO WAY BACK to AT&T firmware at the moment and might never be. Only loss is you'll loose VoLTE and WiFi calling (If using the H873 Firmware)

Idea came from this thread which also perfectly works on the AT&T model! https://xdaforums.com/sprint-g6/help/unlock-lg-g6-ls993zva-sprint-version-t3779966 Its the same method.

We finally get Network Selection AND being able to Disable LTE as well for those who like it, and removing the carrier branding in the top corner. (See screenshots)

Update: 9/29/18 US997 Can be flashed on the H871 as well! As well as gaining VoLTE on AT&T, T-Mobile & Verizon!

Follow the same above instructions (recommended to flash the H873 Firmware first then the US997 firmware)

US997 KDZ's including Latest - http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+G6/LS997/
    (I haven't tested the latest 21b yet)
    Well this thread is not for unlocking the GSM model which it CANNOT. It’s meant for having a generic open firmware removing all the AT&T junk. Meaning if it’s not unlocked it won’t be unlocked after flashing.

Now the Sprint model is CDMA which is completely different than how GSM works. Sprint CDMA phones are usually software locked to keep it from being used on GSM networks. That explains that
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got ya! Well now it makes sense... first, the description "unlocked" is a bit misleading, a more accurate description would be "un-branded" firmware. Second, on the Sprint side I can see how the open-firmware could "unlock" the network, course that would disable the CDMA side, only GSM would work. :)

Works perfectly, thank you very much!
    But one thing: I had to start LGUP.exe with admin rights. If not it was not possible to choose the kdz file.
    Btw...is there a way to remove Facebook, Instagram and the hole sh*t? For sure i choose remove LG apps as well but these apps still there.

Yes, here's how to disable any app WITHOUT root.
    First, save the app list into a file with this command issued from your ADB folder:
    adb shell pm list packages -f >c:\Apps.txt

Look through the saved file (c:\Apps.txt) with any file viewer/editor (like Notepad etc.), search and find the app's name you wish to disable.
    For example, the Facebook app:
    package:/system/app/Facebook/Facebook.apk=com.facebook.katana
    Copy and paste "com.facebook.katana" (without quotes) into this command line:
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.katana

The above will disable the Facebook app till you factory reset or update your phone's firmware.
    Just repeat the command for all other apps you wish to disable.
    Enjoy! ;)
    Here to confirm this method Works on G6 H872PR, Thanks!!
    Trying to optimize a carrier unlocked AT&T H871 (currently on Android 7, with no OTA updates detected) for use on T-Mobile US. Just to verify:

1. Looks like a flash to T-Mobile ROM won't be possible due to bootloader differences?
    2. Per OP, I should be able to flash H873 and then US997 firmware, to get T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling and VoLTE support? Will visual voicemail work?

If the T-Mo Wi-Fi Calling works, does it work with voice calls only or SMS as well?

Thanks!

If you want WiFi calling and volte you’ll want the US997 firmware. I never tested on T-Mobile my self. But volte should at least work. I can’t comment on the other stuff those as I haven’t personally tried it. I have T-Mobile now, but no longer own the phone so I cannot test it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not without root