How To Guide [CLOSED] Convert your Moto x30 Pro (CN) to Edge 30 Ultra (EU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Bofahad

Nov 14, 2013
OnePlus 10 Pro
What is the latest ch software update ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221127-014441.png
    Screenshot_20221127-014441.png
    160.6 KB · Views: 71
Well there's someone who done it in this thread think you need to of backed up everything as per this guide, have to be very careful when relocking bootloader, eady to brick
Hi, I tried so.
I did backup all files and re-applicate for unlock code (I missed it before) in case for having some tools against bricking, but everything now works fine.
Thanks anyway for your guidelines :)

Bofahad

Nov 14, 2013
OnePlus 10 Pro
If i unlock my cn bootloader & just root it to enable VoLTE can anyone confirm that i can relock the bootloader again if VoLTE doesn't work ??

james1089

Jan 14, 2010
blackpool
If i unlock my cn bootloader & just root it to enable VoLTE can anyone confirm that i can relock the bootloader again if VoLTE doesn't work ??
It's been done but not for definite will you not brick it.

james1089

Jan 14, 2010
blackpool
It doesn't matter if the bootloader is locked or unlocked for versions signed by Motorola, especially full firmware. I have used many Motorola devices for many years and this has always been the case. Of course, although we are afraid at first, we realize later that this situation still continues.
Are you saying you can move to EU ROM without unlocked bootloader?

cascade128

Dec 25, 2011
Bandırma
Are you saying you can move to EU ROM without unlocked bootloader?
I am currently using such a device. Also the bootloader cannot be unlocked. All of my past posts have screenshots, printouts. We identified the source of the problem; the factory mode test was made over a mode, it was something like edl mode. Operations with the service box. E.g. Chimera Tool, Sigma Key, Ultima Box...

Reactions: james1089

james1089

Jan 14, 2010
blackpool
I am currently using such a device. Also the bootloader cannot be unlocked. All of my past posts have screenshots, printouts. We identified the source of the problem; the factory mode test was made over a mode, it was something like edl mode. Operations with the service box. E.g. Chimera Tool, Sigma Key, Ultima Box...
I would love to relock but still run EU rom

Reactions: cascade128

adanm

Jun 27, 2012
Hi friends , I get the moto edge 30 ultra from Ali, but it looks like the rom it's no the newest, I will like to update to the last one, but look little bit complicated , I try to update via ota but nothing happends, its posible to install the full global o maybe install Chinese original fw to get updates , or maybe update via recovery , I appreciate all your help thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221201-185540.jpg
    Screenshot_20221201-185540.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20221201-185540~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20221201-185540~2.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20221201-181335.png
    Screenshot_20221201-181335.png
    532.7 KB · Views: 44

Mohali2609

Dec 3, 2022
Hi!

I have a moto edge 30 pro (not the ultra, I know this forum is for the ultra) with unlocked bootloader, it’s the EU version and I never changed the update channel. I want re-lock the boot loader and was reading the Rentry relock section. One of the steps is it flash the backup partitions.
I never did backup partitions when I unlocked my bootloader 3-4 months ago, Can I backup the partitions now? (The only thing I did after unlocking was rooting the phone, though I did un-root to update and then rooted again)

Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

FIRST OFF: If you have not bought the phone yet and plan on getting it: DON'T. The camera is broken and Motorola refuses to communicate with their customers. Is a fix coming? I someone working on it? Who knows. The phone is also still on Android 12. DO NOT BUY MOTOROLA PHONES.

Join our Telegram Group at {Mod edit: Link removed! Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator}
    The guide and all infos are always {Mod edit: Link removed! Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator}.
    Global Firmware:
    - EQS_G_S3SQ32.16-16-22 (Brazilian)
    - EQS_G_S3SQ32.16_16_28 (Thanks to @onken)

Where to find Firmware:
    - Lolinet
    - Rescue and Smart Assistant (only for your original device)

It would be great if some Edge 30 Ultra buyers could download the global firmware through the Rescue and Smart Assistant and share a zip.

Tools:
    -
    Universal Mount System RW (Guide)
    -> Fix for Android 12

- Universal Safetynet Fix Magisk Module

How to Update:
    If you don't get OTA updates simply follow these steps. You need a PC with working global ADB and fastboot.

01. Download the latest Firmware from lolinet
    02. Extract it, open servicefile.xml and copy the contents into this website
    03. Reboot your phone into fastboot (adb reboot fastboot or press and hold Power + Volume Down)
    04. Open a CMD window in the extracted folder, paste the commands from the website and hit enter
    05. Don't disconnect the phone until the update has finished.

It might be possible to upgrade by putting the firmware zip into the root of your phone, booting into recovery and selecting install firmware from zip. I didnt test this yet.
    Think that's only if you restore original firmware

Remembering that the original firmware is the CN ROM. Better not lock.
    Thanks for a great guide! I have just succeeded in converting my CN to EU/Global. But now I can't use Google Pay, because "the phone has been rooted or tampered with". Is it because of the unlocked bootlocker? The Global rom from the thread is not rooted? What to do?
    Thanks for any help :)
    Update: it looks like it could be a problem with "CTS profile match" failing?
    IT WORKED! THANKS!! Now back on newest CN with locked bootloader 😁