Convince me to get an S7

Search This thread

destz0r

Feb 7, 2013
Brugge
Hey guys,

I kinda want to buy the S7 (since I can get it new for 450€ here in belgium), but I'm still not convinced (mainly because i lose warranty by rooting and lack of custom roms like CM). Can you guys tell me why I should go for the S7 and not for the OP3T (for example)?

TLDR; give me good reasons to get an S7

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
It's not for us to convince, you need to read reviews, look at camera samples, test the phone as a physical demo in a store, compare what you find against the same with the OnePlus and decide if the price difference is worth it

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 ----------

Have you made the same threads in other device forums?

If no, then it sounds like you already know which phone you want

jjhaohao

Jul 31, 2014
Get a Moto Z Force. OnePlus battery is awful. Only drawback of Moto Z is no notification led and no headphone jack but it comes with an adapter.

destz0r

Feb 7, 2013
Brugge
It's not for us to convince, you need to read reviews, look at camera samples, test the phone as a physical demo in a store, compare what you find against the same with the OnePlus and decide if the price difference is worth it

i already did all of that xD

price difference is 10euros... thats why i'm not sure which one to get

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham

Well you're only going to really find 'Pro' S7 owners here lol

I think the phone is great, but don't have any others to compare it to, came from the S5 which I also thought was great

S7 is extremely quick, gets around 130k+ Antutu score, camera is stunning, battery life around 6 hours SoT depending on usage

Would I buy it again if I had the choice, yes

Plus Gear VR, you can get a headset either free depending on region and deal you get, or for about £40 on Amazon

Last edited:
Reactions: destz0r

destz0r

Feb 7, 2013
Brugge

I think the phone is great, but don't have any others to compare it to, came from the S5 which I also thought was great

S7 is extremely quick, gets around 130k+ Antutu score, camera is stunning, battery life around 6 hours SoT depending on usage

Plus Gear VR, you can get a headset either free depending on region and deal you get, or for about £40 on Amazon

thanks man,

i incline more towards the s7 because its 5.1inch (and includes one-handed mode in its software), while the 3t is 5.5inch (which is kinda too large for me, and it has no one-handed mode)

i only wish i could root without breaking knox & my warranty :( why u do dis samsung why

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
I usually root all my Droids, but haven't felt the need to with the S7

Bloatware can be disabled with Package disablers from the play store without root

Ads blocked using non root VPN blockers

Really they were the main things I needed root for in the past, but happy without it this time round

destz0r

Feb 7, 2013
Brugge
I usually root all my Droids, but haven't felt the need to with the S7

Bloatware can be disabled with Package disablers from the play store without root

Ads blocked using non root VPN blockers

Really they were the main things I needed root for in the past, but happy without it this time round

does it block ads in all apps (like AdAway does)? or only when browsing the internet?

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham

lirong

Feb 21, 2012
I bought one a few weeks ago and wasnt sure about whether I would stick with it.

I think its a great phone.
- didnt think I would care but I love the design and the way it feels in my hand. In that respect I totally could not get excited about the Pixel
- battery has been quite good for me
- Ive only had it for a few weeks but so far its very fast and a pleasure to use from an interface perspective
- camera is great. really good and really fast. Im not picky about that but its noticeable how nicely it works
- I have been having a little of a problem where it seems like the bluetooth may not be as strong as the S4 I came from. Not sure why that would be but when listening on bluetooth headphones with the phone in my pocket I get crackles and interruptions where I did not with my S4. I feel like this shouldnt be the case but so far I have been having a little of an issue there.

destz0r

Feb 7, 2013
Brugge
I bought one a few weeks ago and wasnt sure about whether I would stick with it.

- didnt think I would care but I love the design and the way it feels in my hand. In that respect I totally could not get excited about the Pixel
- Ive only had it for a few weeks but so far its very fast and a pleasure to use from an interface perspective
- camera is great. really good and really fast. Im not picky about that but its noticeable how nicely it works
- I have been having a little of a problem where it seems like the bluetooth may not be as strong as the S4 I came from. Not sure why that would be but when listening on bluetooth headphones with the phone in my pocket I get crackles and interruptions where I did not with my S4. I feel like this shouldnt be the case but so far I have been having a little of an issue there.

thanks alot, what were ur previous phones? have u rooted ur S7 or dont u feel the need? (i kinda love xposed too much)

lirong

Feb 21, 2012
Ive had an S2 and an S4.
Held on to my S4 for a while because I didnt see an obvious reason to upgrade.
My S4 was rooted and ROM'd but so far have not been compelled to do that on S7.

hackdrag0n

Jul 1, 2015
I have both. Selling the One plus 3 as I don't use it any more. It's a good phone for the price but the s7 is just that little bit better in every way. For only a 10 euro difference I don't know why you're even asking.

destz0r

Feb 7, 2013
Brugge
Guess what, I just bought an S7 lol.

The first thing I always do on any android phone, is root + flash twrp + flash the best custom rom available. So which custom ROM do u guys recommend for the S7?

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Congrats, make sure you read up on flashing TWRP, it's not as straight forward as usual thanks to encryption etc

Enable OEM unlock in Developer settings too

I think Superman ROM is pretty popular but I've just stuck with stock

rp3

Mar 26, 2010
I'm game: Get the S7 because you want a sub 5.5" flagship. It's screen is second to none, the Exynos processor is second to none. The camera is second to none. The battery life is good. With root/debloating, the speed advantage of AOSP is gone as Samsung has been making touchwiz better (and 7.0 better still). Get the dual sim model if you want all those things plus whatever reasons people us dual sim phones

Just read you got the S7.
First question is which CSC does your carrier use. If it's BTU, I'd say use a 7.0 Beta. If not, then use a S7 6.0 rom (or a better in many ways N7 port). If you use a N7 port, you will get your CSC from the N7 forum (same person released both version).

I like roms made by sac23 as his rom had the earliest support for T-mobile USA (s7 edge forums is more active with roms and they all work with the S7). I also like roms by tkkg994 as he seems to have the most comprehensive development work for the S7 (kernel/csc/3 roms). I prefer roms with rom control (which I use to remove am/pm from the clock and put a cirlce battery in place but is a more powerful theming tool).

Last edited:

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
I'm game: Get the S7 because you want a sub 5.5" flagship. It's screen is second to none, the Exynos processor is second to none. The camera is second to none. The battery life is good. With root/debloating, the speed advantage of AOSP is gone as Samsung has been making touchwiz better (and 7.0 better still). Get the dual sim model if you want all those things plus whatever reasons people us dual sim phones

Also, maybe get it used for less though 450 ~480USD which is reasonable assuming it includes VAT.

Guess what, I just bought an S7 lol.

^^^^^^^

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

does it block ads in all apps (like AdAway does)? or only when browsing the internet?

Everything, it redirects traffic through VPN to adblocker > phone

There are a few different ones, I've tried this one
    https://block-this.com/

Seems to work well

Only use it for 4G though, I have an adblocker running on the network that blocks ads on everything DHCP anyway

Adguard too
    https://adguard.com/en/adguard-android/overview.html

I have both. Selling the One plus 3 as I don't use it any more. It's a good phone for the price but the s7 is just that little bit better in every way. For only a 10 euro difference I don't know why you're even asking.
    Congrats, make sure you read up on flashing TWRP, it's not as straight forward as usual thanks to encryption etc

Enable OEM unlock in Developer settings too

I think Superman ROM is pretty popular but I've just stuck with stock
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone