• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Copy/Paste/Clipboard Tool Long Press Issues After March Update

Search This thread

sternweezy

Jun 18, 2010
Hey Everyone. As of yesterday every time I touch inside a text box to type the tool for paste and clipboard pops up. This ends up covering responses from people in the messages app and is getting pretty annoying. I can't figure out why this has started happening. I've removed Gboard, cleared cache for every app I can think of and nothing helps. Wondering if anyone else is having this issue. Only things that have really changed since yesterday was the March security update and I tried using gesture control but switched back. See attached image for an example. Screenshot_20190409-181436_Messages.jpeg

Edit: As a side note the long press to paste doesn't work and is replaced by a single tap which brings up paste or clipboard.

Edit 2: So I flashed back to the Feb security patch and did a factory reset. Issue was resolved at that point. Updated to the March security update and it's now back so loosing all my settings was for nothing.

Edit 3: My brother just did the March security patch and his does the same thing so it probably is not app related.

Edit 4: This issue appears to have been resolved with the June security patch. [emoji1360]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sternweezy

Jun 18, 2010
I switched to the Samsung messages app and havent noticed it since the switch. Android messages it was happening a lot
Unfortunately it happens in any app that I type in. Didn't have an issue until yesterday or at least that's when I started noticing it. If there isn't anything in the clipboard it only shows the tear drop but usually something is stored in the clipboard unless I clear it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk