CorePlayer performance (with A2DP)

Search This thread

JayRayMee.NL

Dec 17, 2005
www.rcblog.nl
Hi Diamond users,

CorePlayer Mobile 1.2.5 runs practically fine on the Diamond, using the Qualcomm TV graphics chip (QTv) in "TyTN II driver mode" (smooth zoom on and quality high).

Thing is that CorePlayer only performs good with video files with a not too high quality, so a quite low resolution and bitrate.
Only then you can have a good framerate.

Videos with a higher resolution, e.g. 640 x 480, the same as the display's resolution and a bitrate like 1200 kbps for MPEG4 video plays well, but the QTv chip has trouble keeping up the framerate, resulting in some small, but noticeable stuttering, especially when the 'camera moves' in videos.

Any tips on that, or do I just demand too much here.

Second: CorePlayer and A2DP.
When I have my Bluetooth A2DP headset on, CorePlayer (and/or the Diamond) starts to drop lots of frames, even on the lower quality movies that have a proper framerate when not using A2DP.
Is A2DP demanding that much resources that the Diamond/CorePlayer can't handle the framerate anymore?

This really bothers me, especially when I see the Nokia E90 (having hardware acceleration on graphics as well) running 800 x 352 MP4 movies at 1200 kbps with the full 25 or 30 fps framerate, without showing difference when using A2DP.

Is the Diamond that bad with graphics or is the Nokia E90 just that good?
Does anyone know if this can be enhanced by using some tricks?

pkruegel

Jul 18, 2008
Isn't there any way to improve the video fps when using A2DP?
Videos play fine, but just with A2DP on the fps drop.

Not to derail your thread but did you find a solution to get a smoother playback? as in removing the small noticable stuttering? it makes me crazy ;-)

what program and settings do you use to convert videos for the diamond?

adwinp

Jun 22, 2008
urandom
A2DP is quite CPU intensive, so if in addition you have a high-res movie, you SHOULD expect it to stutter.

KukurikU

Nov 23, 2006
Rehovot
Second: CorePlayer and A2DP.
When I have my Bluetooth A2DP headset on, CorePlayer (and/or the Diamond) starts to drop lots of frames, even on the lower quality movies that have a proper framerate when not using A2DP.
don't know why but everything is very smooth for me. maybe yr headphones are to blame, maybe yr ROM? am i lucky?

edit:
i have to correct myself. didn't try 640 x 480...my bad, apologies.

Last edited: