Corrupt 2gb SD Card

Search This thread

varvocel

Feb 9, 2007
it's a great device when you're not affected by this problem

I 95% agree (5% for minor problems with sometimes not working repeating reminders, but it's WM bug I think). It's a pity that if you have this problem GPS and camera are useless... Otherwise Artemis form factor and features would be unbeatable, so we must wait for upgrade.

Cheers

paladin77

Apr 28, 2007
Beirut
www.twitter.com
Now i'm really confused....as i said b4 my corruptions were filenames being turned into something like this : tiesto - eternel flame.ogg into tiest~1.ogg ... trying to play a file like that would result in the song stopping prematurely before reaching its end...
Anyhow after trying all the formatting tricks mentionned here...i set all the files on the card into read only and voila !!!!!!!! 4 days and still no corruption (i used to have them corrupted one hour after formatting and installing them into the card)...........
would wm6 solve the case ??? i have a k-jam (wizard equivalent i guess... 9100 i guess ???) .... would i benefit from this update or is there no update for my device ????

jenom

Feb 28, 2007
Berlin
neumannjo.de
(Good) News

German tech magazine c't has announced that there will be the windows mobile 6 upgrade for the modells Advantage, TyTN, S620, P4350 and P3300. It should arrive in june. But it is still unknown, whether this update will be available to branded devices.

paladin77

Apr 28, 2007
Beirut
www.twitter.com
What about other models ? what do they expect us to do ? i bought my 9100 used.... and apparently the previous owner suffered from the same problem...i also sent an email for HTC support asking about it...now they don't even bother responding.... anyway... i'm ok for now with my workaround for this problem...i'm setting all my audio files to read-only..... as for files that need to be modified...i dont think anything can be done for that.....

midi-muenchen

Apr 26, 2007
@midi
Why have you changed the Orbit. It makes no sense, cause the failure still exists. Or is it the only way to get your money back ('Wandlung').

Partly right! :rolleyes:

The more people are in the position to return the orbit and get their money back, the more pressure is put on O2 to provide the WM6 update (presumed this includes a bugfix).
The more people argue ("...makes no sense...") against a repair, the less O2 has a reason for acting as we all hope they do.
As long as I encounter this severe storage problem, I will continue to have the PDA changed. This does not mean cost out of scale for O2, so they cannot deny the repair. I could as well claim abatement of the purchase price, but this would mean to accept the failure "as is".

I want a functioning orbit. No more and no less. It's my bloody right, no?

midi-muenchen

Apr 26, 2007
good job kinski, but only applicable to us Germans... :)

My new orbit is doing phantastic as far as card handling is concerned. But the FM Radio is bullshit. It turns off whenever a system sound (beep, ring ect) is on and never switches back on. Tuning is also a big mess, you always have to finetune a step up and down again to get the signal. Simply scanning does nothing.
I guess I'll give them another try... My last radio was phantastic (however only mono) compared to that.
Let's see if I ever get a device where all is okay.

Greetings to Neumünster!

Michael

nm8

Jan 8, 2006
Undershire
No matter what I do to my P3300 I dont suffer from the sd card corruption thats been bugging other users. Im just using the 256mb sandisk card that came with it. So maybe its the higher GB cards thats affected. Im planning to get a 2gb in the future when the WM6 update from HTC is out . In the meantime, if there is someone willing to lend their sd card to me so I can check my artemis, you are more than welcome!!!

>kq

Mar 26, 2007
I own a xda Orbit featuring a 2gig Sandisk and never experienced card corruption *knocks on wood*

nahpets

May 4, 2007
SD-Card problem really solved!!!!

Good morning everybody

I'm new in this forum, but I read since a long time all your notices and tried all your suggestions to solve the SD-Card-problem with my Artemis, without any succes.

Now I found in that thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=305531

a solution, which works really !!!

Here the direct link to the patch:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38395&d=1178290318

It solved all my problems with my SD-Card and my Artemis HTC-P3300. No more crashes!!!
Before I installed this patch I had about 3-8 crashes a day (counted with SD-Sentry) - now it's finished and all my software including phoneAlarm, SK-Tools, Total Commander and TomTom 6 are working well and without any failures - great !!!
After installing the cab-file, you have to do a softreset - and then every thing is working well.
For all the people who has the same problem with SD-Card and Artemis, I only can recommend to do the same thing!

Kind regards, nahpets

GOS63

Feb 28, 2007
Athens
Say Goodbye To The Sd Issue Of Artemis Devices

Good day to all of you.
Fortunately the HTC company has announced the solution to this SD problem. Some pages before I had post in this thread a reproduction for this issue. This reproduction was the one we sent to HTC to examine it and finally to solve the issue. Thanks to the cooperation and highly professional efforts of ACE Hellas and the technical support department in Greece (official represantative of HTC in Greece) and my reproduction algorithm, we have now the solution of our favorite mobile device.

You can read the announcement here:
http://www.europe.htc.com/support/faq.html?id=545&device=htcp3300

You can download the patch here:
http://www.europe.htc.com/z/pdf/guides/ArtemisSDEnhancement.CAB
Enjoy!!!
:)

Last edited:

Sky740

Jan 31, 2007
Good day to all of you.
Fortunately the HTC company has announced the solution to this SD problem.

You can download the patch here:
http://www.europe.htc.com/z/pdf/guides/ArtemisSDEnhancement.CAB
Enjoy!!!
:)

GOS63 - This is fantastic news! There are going to many people, including myself, most grateful to you + ACE Hellas. Out of interest what was the cause of the problem and how was it eventually solved?

Also, is the patch on the UK site the same as the one posted on the Greece site? Finally, does this negate the need to set the device to auto power off now?

Many thanks.

GOS63

Feb 28, 2007
Athens
GOS63 - This is fantastic news! There are going to many people, including myself, most grateful to you + ACE Hellas. Out of interest what was the cause of the problem and how was it eventually solved?

Also, is the patch on the UK site the same as the one posted on the Greece site? Finally, does this negate the need to set the device to auto power off now?

Many thanks.

Hi,
I'm not sure what was the problem. As I know it was a small bug inside a dll, and this patch will replace it.

Yes, the patch is the same for all Artemis models. The first link that I sent in my previous message, is the official announcement from HTC and its referenced to all users in all countries. This is the one we have also here.

Yes, this negates the need to set the device to auto power off and also negates any other directions given from HTC or any other technician to use as a temporary solution.

Enjoy!
Paul

evaluator

May 17, 2006
Excellent work there GOS63! :)

Looks like this thread will finally die. As of today it has almost 60k views and 513 replies, all of which I’ve read. It became part of my daily routine to check in hopefully to the “Corrupt 2gb SD Card” thread. I was especially entertained by the dozens of theories possible remedies posted. Farewell Corrupt 2gb SD Card thread!

debully

Dec 8, 2005
Worcester
yeah i'm gonna miss this thread.
After a hard days ****ty work I would often come home and take out my frustrations from the world on HTC.
Now I will have to go back to beating my wife. Never mind, she can handle it.

midi-muenchen

Apr 26, 2007
let the sunshine in

Just installed the patch on my third orbit. Now my radio is also working well.
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. Without you, nothing would have happened!

rickgillyon

Jun 13, 2006
Whitley Bay
So the devs have notice of this bug for *6 months*, and it takes HTC Greece 2 weeks to fix it themselves? I guess those who said HTC devs were making no effort were correct all along...

Shame on HTC devs and a big well done to HTC Greece, Ace, Paul, and all the others who helped. :)

Apr 12, 2007
Anyone has the contact for Greece engineering team? Before the patch, I can use program, Softick Card Export II (SD drive emulation for the Palm OS - Uses USB mass storage driver). This program allows me to use the PDA as USB mass storage device.

But after the upgrade, the program can not start up and crashes and I can't use this program to enable PDA as flash memory card.