Corrupt 2gb SD Card

Search This thread

asaadxda

Feb 1, 2007
Guys
The fix seems to work well with no corruptions but I still have folders and file names on the card that look funny. Can I delete these files/folders as some of theme 3 or mor MB in size. Any suggestions. Thanks

Gajet

Oct 20, 2005
Deleting is unlikely to work, best to backup the card to a PC, then format it, and copy everything back on it.

markdry

Nov 29, 2006
Well, seeing I started this thread, I to want to add my thanks to HTC and everyone who got involved

davduyv

May 8, 2005
The Hague
HTC releases cab file for improved SD card handling mechanism

check
http://www.europe.htc.com/support/faq.html?id=545&device=htcp3300
Htc has released a cab file to fix problem's with sd-card. hope it works.
Link to cab file http://www.europe.htc.com/z/pdf/guides/ArtemisSDEnhancement.CAB

text on htc site:
Support: HTC P3300Sometimes the device shows incorrect file or folder names when displaying my SD card contents. Can it be fixed ?
An improved SD card handling mechanism is now available to all customers. To install this enhancement, please follow the instructions below:

1/ Download the cab file provided on the right side of this page on your PC.

2/ Copy the file to your device using ActiveSync. To do so:

-> Ensure first that ActiveSync is installed on your PC already. If it is not, please install it using the CD that came with your device.

-> Then connect your device to your PC. You can choose to connect the device to your PC as either a guest or a standard partnership, it does not matter for installing a .cab file.

-> Once the device connects to the PC, press Explore in the ActiveSync menu bar and copy the cab file there.

-> Your file explorer window should show the .cab file

3/) Use File Explorer to find the file and click on it to start the installation. Follow the on-screen instructions.

4/ Switch the phone off and back on.

NOTE:- Should you need to carry out a Hard-Reset on your device then this CAB file will be lost
and you will need to reinstall it on your handset.

Last edited:

GOS63

Feb 28, 2007
Athens
check
http://www.europe.htc.com/support/faq.html?id=545&device=htcp3300
Htc has released a cab file to fix problem's with sd-card. hope it works.
Link to cab file http://www.europe.htc.com/z/pdf/guides/ArtemisSDEnhancement.CAB

text on htc site:
Support: HTC P3300Sometimes the device shows incorrect file or folder names when displaying my SD card contents. Can it be fixed ?
An improved SD card handling mechanism is now available to all customers. To install this enhancement, please follow the instructions below:

1/ Download the cab file provided on the right side of this page on your PC.

2/ Copy the file to your device using ActiveSync. To do so:

-> Ensure first that ActiveSync is installed on your PC already. If it is not, please install it using the CD that came with your device.

-> Then connect your device to your PC. You can choose to connect the device to your PC as either a guest or a standard partnership, it does not matter for installing a .cab file.

-> Once the device connects to the PC, press Explore in the ActiveSync menu bar and copy the cab file there.

-> Your file explorer window should show the .cab file

3/) Use File Explorer to find the file and click on it to start the installation. Follow the on-screen instructions.

4/ Switch the phone off and back on.

NOTE:- Should you need to carry out a Hard-Reset on your device then this CAB file will be lost
and you will need to reinstall it on your handset.

We have post it this already. Am I miss something new or you repost it by a mistake?
:)

freakuency

May 12, 2007
Bristol
i havent read the most of this thread, but i was getting the same type of error... till i took 2 pieces of 20mm*10mm paper, folded in half and placed one on top of the sd card, closed the sd and sim and put another on top of the sim and under the battery... 3 weeks without a single error!

also, i have my email going direct to the storage card with no issues!

RicardoC

Jun 17, 2005
Can any moderator seeing this remove this and the posts above leaving davduyv post as the last one in this thread, then close the thread.

This issue has been around for a long time hence the length of this thread - and HTC's patch as detailed by davduyv fixes it. Anyone who runs the patch and still has errors must have a different issue with their Artemis.

Just a thought.

meschle

Feb 23, 2006
Coventry, England
Can any moderator seeing this remove this and the posts above leaving davduyv post as the last one in this thread, then close the thread.

This issue has been around for a long time hence the length of this thread - and HTC's patch as detailed by davduyv fixes it. Anyone who runs the patch and still has errors must have a different issue with their Artemis.

Just a thought.

The fix has been made a sticky. There is no need to close this thread at the moment - but i share your sentiments.

so.....

There is a HTC fix for the corrupt card issue download here http://www.europe.htc.com/z/pdf/guides/ArtemisSDEnhancement.CAB

I have also added this to the first post of the thread.

Last edited:

rickgillyon

Jun 13, 2006
Whitley Bay
i havent read the most of this thread, but i was getting the same type of error... till i took 2 pieces of 20mm*10mm paper, folded in half and placed one on top of the sd card, closed the sd and sim and put another on top of the sim and under the battery
:) I think you will get a more reliable solution by installing the update provided by HTC...

Spit

Oct 29, 2006
Rouen
Since few days I have same problem but with my TYTN, do you feel it should be same cause ? and so same fix to use ?

Spit

Orange SPV M3100

pabent

Corrupt Sandisk 1GB Micro SD in T-Mobile Wing

I also have a Sandisk 1GB MicroSD. I used to use it with my T-Mobile Wing. All of a sudden the Wing does not recognize it. In my Wing. But, in my card reader attached to my PC it works fine. I have no idea what caused it. I am going to try the cab file mentioned before and will report what happens.