Could Jellybean have improved the Xoom's screen color saturation?

Search This thread

okantomi

Feb 20, 2011
Boston, MA
I have been using EOS Jellybean nightly for almost 24 hours and I wonder if my eyes are deceiving me---the screen colors look richer and more saturated. I've been quite happy with my Xoom's screen, but it's clearly not as vibrant as my SGS2 Epic 4gTouch, which has a super vibrant screen. I really think that there may have been some tweaking done to improve the color quality--or is it a placebo effect?

davidsos

Apr 6, 2011
I have been using EOS Jellybean nightly for almost 24 hours and I wonder if my eyes are deceiving me---the screen colors look richer and more saturated. I've been quite happy with my Xoom's screen, but it's clearly not as vibrant as my SGS2 Epic 4gTouch, which has a super vibrant screen. I really think that there may have been some tweaking done to improve the color quality--or is it a placebo effect?
It may be out of context of the song's true meaning, "Just my imagination once again runnin' way with me" just might be the case :laugh:

Isun

Nov 9, 2008
I thought the same thing and wasn't sure if it was just added contrast but something seems a bit different.

alex94kumar

Feb 23, 2011
West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Android 4.1, Jelly Bean
Android 4.1, Jelly Bean, is the fastest and smoothest version of Android yet. Jelly Bean improves on the simplicity and beauty of Android 4.0, and introduces a new Google search experience on Android.

-Everything in Jelly Bean feels fast, fluid, and smooth. Moving between home screens and switching between apps is effortless, like turning pages in a book.

-Jelly Bean features improved performance throughout the system, including faster orientation changes, faster responses when switching between recent apps, and smoother and more consistent rendering across the system through vsync and triple buffering.

-Jelly Bean has more reactive and uniform touch responses, and makes your device even more responsive by boosting your device's CPU instantly when you touch the screen, and turns it down when you don't need it to improve battery life.

Looks like it might actually be true
Source

Reactions: okantomi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 4.1, Jelly Bean
    Android 4.1, Jelly Bean, is the fastest and smoothest version of Android yet. Jelly Bean improves on the simplicity and beauty of Android 4.0, and introduces a new Google search experience on Android.

-Everything in Jelly Bean feels fast, fluid, and smooth. Moving between home screens and switching between apps is effortless, like turning pages in a book.

-Jelly Bean features improved performance throughout the system, including faster orientation changes, faster responses when switching between recent apps, and smoother and more consistent rendering across the system through vsync and triple buffering.

-Jelly Bean has more reactive and uniform touch responses, and makes your device even more responsive by boosting your device's CPU instantly when you touch the screen, and turns it down when you don't need it to improve battery life.

Looks like it might actually be true
    Source
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone