Could not install

Search This thread

ScottishForce

Jan 4, 2021
I've a note 9 with adapter and the gear vr that fits it, running Android 10 but a lot of the apps I try to dl from the Oculus store come up with "could not install" after 100 percent, not all but most I'm trying to get the Jurassic world apatosaurus one for my son as I downloaded the other version that installed and he loved that but after uninstalling everything and reinstalling the Oculus app and drivers when I load that app up it's now saying please update oculas to the latest version, but I'm on the latest version?..

I've tried contacting Samsung who couldn't help they passed me onto customer service of Oculus who like Samsung didn't help..

Ideally I don't want to factory reset my phone again as like before it was a waste of time and didn't solve the problem, anyone got any clues how to fix this?..

2jkaz

Mar 6, 2021
When I try to install OCULUS ARCADE it tells me its an Oculus GO app. That might explain the error. If you have an old apk which works with GearVR you can try apk Extractor on it to generate an apk file which you can copy to your new phone. You probably need to sign the apk on the new phone. The app injector for GearVR could be helpful and it is easy to use. That are the steps I would try in this situation

milos gazik

@VR Wizard ...wow im asolutely blown away with ...like u said- it was the apk in oculus store that was replaced with version that left out support for older models -this applly to not all games just some ...so it has nothing to do with android version or samsung ui version or version of the installer thats crazy lazy
...so this is what i find out - repacked the working apks in S6 android 7.0 and instaled on s9 android10 and all the apps that gave error could not install now installed ok and i can play them now on my s9 thats crazy!!!!
Angest, Anshar wars2, Attack of bugs, Ocullus arcade, Disney movies, Augmented empire
THANK U SO MUCH MAN U CAN IMMAGINE HOW LONG I WAS LOOKING FOR SOLUTION ON THE WEB AND THERE IS NO INFO ANYWHERE HOW TO FIX IT U DID IT THANKS