could you please help me identify my BOX?

Search This thread

semental

Jan 16, 2012
First of all, sorry for my spelling. I'm from Argentina.

Here are some photos of the case closed and opened and the "official" specs:

https://smithmayorista.com.ar/producto/ ... -mxq-max/

Brand: MXQ MAX
4gb ram
MALI 450 MP GPU
the board is p281

CPU-Z says it have a s905X processor but i know that this brands fakes it.

I think it really is a a s905W (because after many tries) the only TWRP i could install was for that CPU (especifically for the Tanix TX3 Mini).
I also read in some place that board p281 corresponds to s905w but I'm not really sure.

I can't identify the processor by removing the heatsink because it had glue sticked on it and by trying to remove that the name got erased,

Its not the same box as the on on this post:

viewtopic.php?t=4011&sid=f4504ee67416fc ... f69e24aff

You can tell by the photos i uploaded is not the same board (no clock, different ports)

¿Is there a way i can be sure what processor do I have?

i want to try some roms becase the live straming on browsers on fullscreen is terrible

I also want to know if there is a way to enter recovery mode phiscally, in case somethig goes wrong.

it doesn have a reset button. It does have a button next to the power plug but i don't know what it does.

Nothing happens when i press it, or when i power on the box with that button pressed.

It also internally comes with a port with 4 pins (similar to the ones for webcam or fan connectors). I dont know whati s that for.

it also doesnt get recgnized by the Amlogic burning tool so i can only install twrp zips/backups

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-08-11 at 00.20.25.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-08-11 at 00.20.25.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 11
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-08-11 at 00.20.05.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-08-11 at 00.20.05.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 9
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-08-11 at 00.20.40.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-08-11 at 00.20.40.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 11
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-08-11 at 00.20.39.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-08-11 at 00.20.39.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 7
It may be a RockChip 3229
board. The images aren't clear enough for me to see everything on the board to give you much information.. I can give you a website that may help you with that particular unit. Along with a YouTube channel that's very insightful when it comes to the mxq boxes. Inside of the audio port where you would plug in a headphone 3.5 mm Jack if you took a q-tip cut the end off of it to where it's just the shaft of the stick if you push it in there slightly you may feel a button in there that would be the reset buttons give that a shot also you should be able to take it into recovery mode with that.

Last edited:

4gb ram
MALI 450 MP GPU
the board is p281

I think it really is a a s905W (because after many tries) the only TWRP i could install was for that CPU (especifically for the Tanix TX3 Mini).
I also read in some place that board p281 corresponds to s905w but I'm not really sure.

I can't identify the processor by removing the heatsink because it had glue sticked on it and by trying to remove that the name got erased,

You can tell by the photos i uploaded is not the same board (no clock, different ports)

i want to try some roms becase the live straming on browsers on fullscreen is terrible

I also want to know if there is a way to enter recovery mode phiscally, in case somethig goes wrong.

it doesn have a reset button. It does have a button next to the power plug but i don't know what it does.

Nothing happens when i press it, or when i power on the box with that button pressed.

It also internally comes with a port with 4 pins (similar to the ones for webcam or fan connectors). I dont know whati s that for.

it also doesnt get recgnized by the Amlogic burning tool so i can only install twrp zips/backups

Thanks in advance

4gb ram
MALI 450 MP GPU
the board is p281

Thanks in advance
That button may be the reset button have you tried holding it down while you plug in the Box keep holding it down to see what happens you may need to do that while it's plugged into your computer hold down that button and plug it into USB port keep holding it down see if your computer recognizes it just grab the rock chip drivers along with the Phoenix drivers am logic drivers just install all the drivers and eventually a Windows machine should recognize the chip.

semental

Jan 16, 2012
That button may be the reset button have you tried holding it down while you plug in the Box keep holding it down to see what happens you may need to do that while it's plugged into your computer hold down that button and plug it into USB port keep holding it down see if your computer recognizes it just grab the rock chip drivers along with the Phoenix drivers am logic drivers just install all the drivers and eventually a Windows machine should recognize the chip.
i didn´t try to plug the USB while i was holding it. I did try holding it down when y plug the power and nothing happens, it just boots the system normally. I´ll try that later in home and tell you if it gets recognized by windows

Reactions: Metalheadx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i didn´t try to plug the USB while i was holding it. I did try holding it down when y plug the power and nothing happens, it just boots the system normally. I´ll try that later in home and tell you if it gets recognized by windows