• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Cover Screen opens accidentally in pocket

Search This thread

a_k_gano

Nov 29, 2010
Giza
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Hello Developers :)

I recently bought Z flip 3... nice phone... just have a challenge and need your advices here.

With the always on display on, and double tap activated .... the cover screen gets triggered randomly in my pocket whatever trousers I am wearing... seems its touch sensitivity is high...

How can I avoid this?

Note: the only way i found to avoid that is by disabling the double tap option to open screen and always on... but this is not the best option I want, as it makes the cover screen only opens with the on/off button

Thanks,

Gano

a_k_gano

Nov 29, 2010
Giza
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Get a holster? That's really the only option for it without replacing the functionality and being able to increase the required pressure.
Thanks for feedback. I have a cover already but not covering the cover screen. the only way i do right now is to put it in my pocket where the cover screen is facing the outside to avoid the random touches... i dont think this is the best way of protection but no other way so far.
The thing is, the cover screen doersnt have approximaty sensor by design, you can also see that the brightness is configured manually based on that... that's why I think the feature (Accidental touch protection) doesnt help with the cover screen.

Thanks for feedback. I have a cover already but not covering the cover screen. the only way i do right now is to put it in my pocket where the cover screen is facing the outside to avoid the random touches... i dont think this is the best way of protection but no other way so far.
The thing is, the cover screen doersnt have approximaty sensor by design, you can also see that the brightness is configured manually based on that... that's why I think the feature (Accidental touch protection) doesnt help with the cover screen.

It's the light sensor that's missing, but that is why there isn't an automatic brightness. It makes some sense, since you wouldn't want the light sensor that controls the screen on the outside. It would think it's dark every time it was on a table. That's not to say separate sensor would have been such a bad idea.

That's why you would want to increase the pressure. That would, at least, filter out some of the touches.

Reactions: a_k_gano

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It's the light sensor that's missing, but that is why there isn't an automatic brightness. It makes some sense, since you wouldn't want the light sensor that controls the screen on the outside. It would think it's dark every time it was on a table. That's not to say separate sensor would have been such a bad idea.

That's why you would want to increase the pressure. That would, at least, filter out some of the touches.