General Covering some misleading theories and issues with our A12

Search This thread

LAST_krypton

This thread will be updated regularly. If you don't agree with something comment and if I was proven wrong I will update the thread.

Please don't comment or chat here if it isn't releated with something I said. If you need further help with stuff then go here:

And remember these are not "how to guides" but rather explenations on some stuff.​

Booting in to stock rom will not work after installing twrp if the stock rom isn't pre rooted (rooted by flashing the whole patched AP file from magisk) or if you don't have a kernel that will automaticly fix that for you, same goes for vbmeta. This is happending because this device uses dm-verify so that means after installing twrp you are allowing modifications of system partiton which then will not let you boot in to system if you haven't done stuff as said above.
I also have guides here explaining how to not get that problem

When rooting through magisk and when selecting a file for patching, it is best to select the whole AP file. Before I use to say that was usles and patching just the boot.img was enough, but nowI changed my opinion. When patching the whole AP file you are patching the boot.img and the vbmeta. When patching just the boot.img you may have issues with not booting in to roms, twrp, mods not working and soft bricks. It is allways better to have the whole enviroment patched. But allways be careful to not download magisk from a 3thrd party source, and allways install from official github. And use cannary edition which is latest or you might expirience issues with android 11 and root premissions breaking and etc.

It is important to have dm-verify disabled before flashing or else(only if the ROM doesn't have full verified boot support) . Always wipe data, cache, old system partiton. Install on SYSTEM_IMAGE in TWRP every time. If in TWRP you get issues with flashing on SUPER partitions make sure to flash DynaPatch or Systemrw to disable SYSTEM_READ_ONLY recovery restrictions.
VBEMTA can disable dm-verify and allow modifcations of a PARTITION you wish to modify.

If you get in a situation where you trigger PERENORMAL MODE it is easy to get arround it. If your phone got in to perenormal mode after unlocking the bootloader because you failed to get a conection to samsung servers, or if you flashed unofficial binaries and you trigger perenormal mode. Boot in to download mode and run odin, then flash new fimware.

If you get a pitch balck screen after flashing new fimware, first check if the os driver is beeing recognized. If yes reboot to download mode blindly by VOL- POWER at the same time and then after the phone vibrates imidietly VOL + VOLD - at the same time, if you were able to get here now it is just up to pressing VOL + to get in to odin mode. From your PC flash newer fimware and don't ever again flash back that fimware you flashed and got black screen.

If OS driver isn't beeing recognized and the preloader is(means hard brick), you are going to have to follow these guides on Hovatek's forum
Credit goes to them for does guide.

I don't know if this is a glich in the android 11 UI or samsung locking people out of this. What I think is that samsung is trying to prevent people from unlocking the bootloader for some security/warenty problems people have. To bypass this you might have to flash OLDER android 10 fimware see here:
https://xdaforums.com/t/clean-flashing-new-fimware-useing-odin-samsung-galaxy-a12-any-model.4338021/
After flashing older android 10 fimware, set the date and time to something older and enable Dev. options by taping on build number in about phone 8 times. OEM unlocking should apear now and you will be able to unlock the bootloader:
If you are haveing issues with pitch balck screen after flashing older android 10 fimware see above.

If your phone doesn't get detected by your file explorer after installing a custom rom use ADB PULL and ADB PUSH to transfer files. Example
Code:
adb push twrp.img /sdcard
Code:
adb pull /system/etc/hosts C:\platform-tools
When you pull a fle you need to specify the location where the file will be pulled to, for pushing you can specify the adress of the file that will be pushed if it isn't in the SDK PLATFOR TOOLS install folder.

Some people say useing a patched version of odin is a risk and is basicly the same as normal odin. I my self use a patched version of odin. It will bypass some errors which is useful (example: SW REV check failed BINARY 1: boot 0), it does help with flashing some not certified fimware images. Some people say they have problems with it, there use to be some glitches but the good dev was working hard and is patching glitches. I recomend to anyone that has problems with odin to try this, but at the end of the day heimdall will always be there.

Do not even think about re-locking the primary bootloader if you are not on OFFICIAL FIMWARE. Allways make sure that you are running 100% official fimware and not custom. If you are planing on re-locking the bootloader, and if you are not sure you are running official fimware, I recomend re-flashing official fimware and then you can lock the bootloader.
Trust me it is worf re-flashing official fimware and then locking the bootloader, because if you get in trouble because you have been running custom fimware and the bootloader locking was outputed to be successful but it actualy wasn't. You will have to go through a lot to fix what will happend.

If you have SIM/Baseband/IMEI problems after installing a fimware version newer then BUF9, flash this file from odin in CP. Use common logic, it is a modem file so it's supose to go in to CP...

Modem file can be found in this thread:

If you really have to use your google play store, please don't. If you need stuff that you can only find on play store you can use aurora store. It is a google play client play, you don't have to login or do anything, you can dowload your google play bloat right out of the box.

You can use F-DROID. A archive full of repositoreis of open soruce programs. Very recomended for privacy and security in mind.
If you don't see some stuff in F-DROID automaticly, then enable other repositoreis in settings...

If you get issues on some GSIs or other ROMs and you are running fimware over BUF9 version, well that could be the problem... Some people reported it happending on BUG6, BUI3, BUJ4. I personly did get any reboot issues at all on BUG6, but that could be just me. So if you get any issues on ROMs and etc just switch back to BUF9 fimware.

Last edited:

This thread will be updated regularly. If you don't agree with something comment and if I was proven wrong I will update the thread.

Please don't comment or chat here if it isn't releated with something I said. If you need further help with stuff then go here:

If you get issues on some GSIs or other ROMs and you are running fimware over BUF9 version, well that could be the problem... Some people reported it happending on BUG6, BUI3, BUJ4. I personly did get any reboot issues at all on BUG6, but that could be just me. So if you get any issues on ROMs and etc just switch back to BUF9 fimware.

But i'm on SWREV 2, and BUF9 fw was on SWREV 1, Samsung "protects" against such a downgrade, any workarounds tailored for SWREV 2 fw based A125F devices?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

And remember these are not "how to guides" but rather explenations on some stuff.​

Booting in to stock rom will not work after installing twrp if the stock rom isn't pre rooted (rooted by flashing the whole patched AP file from magisk) or if you don't have a kernel that will automaticly fix that for you, same goes for vbmeta. This is happending because this device uses dm-verify so that means after installing twrp you are allowing modifications of system partiton which then will not let you boot in to system if you haven't done stuff as said above.
    I also have guides here explaining how to not get that problem

When rooting through magisk and when selecting a file for patching, it is best to select the whole AP file. Before I use to say that was usles and patching just the boot.img was enough, but nowI changed my opinion. When patching the whole AP file you are patching the boot.img and the vbmeta. When patching just the boot.img you may have issues with not booting in to roms, twrp, mods not working and soft bricks. It is allways better to have the whole enviroment patched. But allways be careful to not download magisk from a 3thrd party source, and allways install from official github. And use cannary edition which is latest or you might expirience issues with android 11 and root premissions breaking and etc.

It is important to have dm-verify disabled before flashing or else(only if the ROM doesn't have full verified boot support) . Always wipe data, cache, old system partiton. Install on SYSTEM_IMAGE in TWRP every time. If in TWRP you get issues with flashing on SUPER partitions make sure to flash DynaPatch or Systemrw to disable SYSTEM_READ_ONLY recovery restrictions.
    VBEMTA can disable dm-verify and allow modifcations of a PARTITION you wish to modify.

If you get in a situation where you trigger PERENORMAL MODE it is easy to get arround it. If your phone got in to perenormal mode after unlocking the bootloader because you failed to get a conection to samsung servers, or if you flashed unofficial binaries and you trigger perenormal mode. Boot in to download mode and run odin, then flash new fimware.

If you get a pitch balck screen after flashing new fimware, first check if the os driver is beeing recognized. If yes reboot to download mode blindly by VOL- POWER at the same time and then after the phone vibrates imidietly VOL + VOLD - at the same time, if you were able to get here now it is just up to pressing VOL + to get in to odin mode. From your PC flash newer fimware and don't ever again flash back that fimware you flashed and got black screen.

If OS driver isn't beeing recognized and the preloader is(means hard brick), you are going to have to follow these guides on Hovatek's forum
    Credit goes to them for does guide.

I don't know if this is a glich in the android 11 UI or samsung locking people out of this. What I think is that samsung is trying to prevent people from unlocking the bootloader for some security/warenty problems people have. To bypass this you might have to flash OLDER android 10 fimware see here:
    https://xdaforums.com/t/clean-flashing-new-fimware-useing-odin-samsung-galaxy-a12-any-model.4338021/
    After flashing older android 10 fimware, set the date and time to something older and enable Dev. options by taping on build number in about phone 8 times. OEM unlocking should apear now and you will be able to unlock the bootloader:
    If you are haveing issues with pitch balck screen after flashing older android 10 fimware see above.

If your phone doesn't get detected by your file explorer after installing a custom rom use ADB PULL and ADB PUSH to transfer files. Example
    Code:
    adb push twrp.img /sdcard
    Code:
    adb pull /system/etc/hosts C:\platform-tools
    When you pull a fle you need to specify the location where the file will be pulled to, for pushing you can specify the adress of the file that will be pushed if it isn't in the SDK PLATFOR TOOLS install folder.

Some people say useing a patched version of odin is a risk and is basicly the same as normal odin. I my self use a patched version of odin. It will bypass some errors which is useful (example: SW REV check failed BINARY 1: boot 0), it does help with flashing some not certified fimware images. Some people say they have problems with it, there use to be some glitches but the good dev was working hard and is patching glitches. I recomend to anyone that has problems with odin to try this, but at the end of the day heimdall will always be there.

Do not even think about re-locking the primary bootloader if you are not on OFFICIAL FIMWARE. Allways make sure that you are running 100% official fimware and not custom. If you are planing on re-locking the bootloader, and if you are not sure you are running official fimware, I recomend re-flashing official fimware and then you can lock the bootloader.
    Trust me it is worf re-flashing official fimware and then locking the bootloader, because if you get in trouble because you have been running custom fimware and the bootloader locking was outputed to be successful but it actualy wasn't. You will have to go through a lot to fix what will happend.

If you have SIM/Baseband/IMEI problems after installing a fimware version newer then BUF9, flash this file from odin in CP. Use common logic, it is a modem file so it's supose to go in to CP...

Modem file can be found in this thread:

If you really have to use your google play store, please don't. If you need stuff that you can only find on play store you can use aurora store. It is a google play client play, you don't have to login or do anything, you can dowload your google play bloat right out of the box.

You can use F-DROID. A archive full of repositoreis of open soruce programs. Very recomended for privacy and security in mind.
    If you don't see some stuff in F-DROID automaticly, then enable other repositoreis in settings...

people know the warntey voids, they will be fine if they aren't dumb and have a phone case and screen protecter.
    PLEASE DON'T CHAT HERE AS ALREADY MENTIONED IN THE THREAD. CHATING IS ONLY ALOWED IF YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING AGAINTS WHAT I'V SAID.
    Please edit your post to "deleted"