Shall provide constructive feedback to improve the app. Thanks for it anyways! Now we can utilise the full potential of the cover screen in Flip 4Download now from Google Play Store! (Please leave a review on Google Play Store if you find CSOS meaningful for your Z Flip 3/4!)
View attachment 5687427Hi guys! Developer of Energy Ring & Access Dots here. Excited to present a mini OS for the cover screen of Z Flip 3/4 through an App - CoverScreen OS! It shall make your phone's cover screen a fully functional mini phone! This version of CoverScreen OS is courtesy of over 110+ versions released and tested on Z Flip 3 by thousands of users!
CoverScreen OS almost simulates a secondary OS on your Z Flip's cover screen with the following features:
- Cover Launcher / App Launcher/Drawer
- Caller ID Screen for VoIP Apps (WhatsApp, Telegram, LINE and more...)
- Support for all third party Apps homescreen widgets
- Quick Toggles - a TON load of them!
- Navigation gestures
- Powerful Media screen - multiple sessions, scrub through the track and additional controls that are not available in Samsung's Stock OS for cover screen
- Voice, QWERTY, T9 full keyboard support
- On screen LED Notification indicator/Edge Lighting
- Flex Mode
The navigation system is built such that, you can access both CoverScreen OS and Samsung's Stock OS (checkout the tutorial within the App.)
Flexing the 'Flex mode'
Also, you can now 'click' on 'most' widgets to perform action on CSOS itself.
New Notification options in action!
Edge Lighting for multiple Apps in action!
COVER LAUNCHER / APP LAUNCHER/DRAWER:
- Launch almost any App on your cover screen with back navigation support and voice keyboard input.
- Launch apps in locked orientation - portrait or landscape.
- Quick search apps by alphabet.
- Sort apps alphabetically - ascending/decending.
- Sort apps by recently used first.
- Add almost any widget pixel-perfect aligned for Z Flip 3/4's cover screen, of any App that you would normally add to your homescreen on the main display.
- Add as many widgets as you want.
- Widgets can be set into one of the two sizes.
- Perform almost all actions on the widgets like clicking on a button to launching its App.
QUICK TOGGLES SCREEN:
TON LOAD OF ADDITIONAL TOGGLES: You can add super powerful quick toggles powered by Bixby Routines, Tasker, IFTTT and many more available providers, check out within the App! Some examples here, only limited by your imagination
- Bluetooth turn on/off
- DND mode
- Flex Mode - use cover screen while phone is unfolded
- Caffeinate - keep screen awake
- Power Dialog on cover screen
- Wifi, NFC, GPS, Wifi Hotspot, Power Saving mode toggle, Read aloud notification, screen brightness control
- Quick dial a contact, SMS, play music, reminders, alarm, battery level.
- Only limited by your imagination!
- Reply to any notification with voice keyboard.
- Open notification instantly either on cover screen or on main screen.
- Perform additional actions available on each notification.
- Dismiss notifications with swipe right.
MEDIA PLAYBACK SCREEN:
- Access all media playbacks from all Apps, as available on your main screen.
- Theme support.
EDGE LIGHTING/ON-SCREEN LED NOTIFICATION INDICATOR:
- Turns on cover screen and glows the edges of your cover screen just like the Edge Lighting on your main screen.
- You can set a single solid color for all incoming notification or let CSOS apply the App's Icon color.
- If you have multiple notifications from multiple Apps, they can combine into a beautiful gradient.
- More colors, customizations under development.
- Use cover screen with access to all CSOS features while the phone is unfolded.
- Keep the phone on your desk or bed in tent-style stand mode.
- Cover screen stays on until you manually disable Flex Mode or fold back your phone.
The OS requires some heavy sustained development effort to deliver a feature complete version. The OS has come a long way and it’s mostly stable now as reported by majority of the users on Z Flip 3.
CoverScreen OS IN ACTION:
SNAPS OF Z FLIP 3 RUNNING CoverScreen OS (Waiting for physical access to Z Flip 4 for fresh photos):View attachment 5687429 View attachment 5687431
View attachment 5687433 View attachment 5687435 View attachment 5687437 View attachment 5687443
View attachment 5687475 View attachment 5687477
View attachment 5687479 View attachment 5687481
View attachment 5687491
THE ORIGIN STORY:
Been working on this project since the original Z Flip, but unfortunately had to suspend development due to cracked screen (that countless folding/unfolding while testing.)
The release of Z Flip 3 with a bigger cover screen was enough incentive for me to be excited about the project once again but unfortunately I again hit a bottleneck as the screen started bleeding this streak of green light right at the center and sometimes whole of second half.
Fearing a cracked screen once again, I had suspended the development yet again… but… that cute little cover screen… here we are.