• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

COX Contour App Mod Android Box (HDMI output)

Search This thread
A special THANKS to @RonGarvin for providing me with the thread link here!!!

Also, i must have tried a search just before this thread was posted because it was about a month or so earlier when I got rid of TWC/Spectrum.

Anyways, I'll give this a shot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT VIA PM UNLESS ASKED/REQUESTED BY MYSELF.
PLEASE KEEP IT IN THE THREADS WHERE EVERYONE CAN SHARE

Reactions: RonGarvin

aiemassfiria

Jan 9, 2017
Verizon GS5 klte with the latest TWRP and LineageOS 14.1.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT VIA PM UNLESS ASKED/REQUESTED BY MYSELF.
PLEASE KEEP IT IN THE THREADS WHERE EVERYONE CAN SHARE

I think your device is a phone. No need use the "leanback version". Its for android box. Exp: Shield, Amazon FireTV, Mibox. For china brand, u need put 2 files “tv_core_hardware.xml” and “tv_features.xml” to /system/etc/permission u can get from http://freaktab.com/forum/developme...te-android-tv-experience-in-r-box-pro-h96-pro

For mobile phone u can try the original apk: https://apkpure.com/cox-contour/com.cox.contour2

Reactions: Ibuprophen

jlm200100

Sep 25, 2010
I'm getting a blank blue screen after opening the app and clicking get started. Using the Nexus player.

cgibbons51

Nov 7, 2012
Warwick RI
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Could you update this to v4.10.2.007 please:laugh: oddly 4.11 won't launch at all. I mostly just need the HDMI detection and leanback as it's a Mi Box with Android TV your current version works fine. Just looking for the newer update :fingers-crossed:

sjennings1977

Oct 23, 2018
app worked for me

I installed the on my android TV and the app works great. The only issue I am having is that the app does not show up in my apps on my homescreen. To run this app I have to go to settings - apps - installed apps and then click on cox contour and then run. Is there a way to get this added to my homescreen. Any help with this is really appreciated thanks in advance.

James_ball_2007

Jan 14, 2019
Help

Can you explain to me what you added/removed from the contour apk? I want to try to mod the newest version 5.1.3.00 but not sure where to start.

fuzzynet

Jun 28, 2010
@aiemassfiria

The cox app doesn't work for me on my shield. After logging in my cox credentials the screen goes white. I have tried clearing cache and re-logging doesn't make a difference.

Last edited:

xsocaltrashx

Sep 28, 2008
Hello, do this links still work? If they I can’t get them to work and some guidance would be helpful. I have a fire stick 4K I’m trying to get the Cox contour app working on. Thank you. I’ve been coming up short finding an updated modded version of the app to work.

Uniktron

Feb 4, 2020
Hi everyone, does anyone have the latest cox contour mod apk link for download? I tried the ones on the post but they are no longer working. Any other new links?

JasenWalker

Jan 30, 2021
Hi everyone, does anyone have the latest cox contour mod apk link for download? I tried the ones on the post but they are no longer working. Any other new links?

Look here - Not perfect but they are working on it!

nihitthakkar

Jan 25, 2021
USA
Select Cox as your provider after downloading your favorite network apps on your phone or tablet. Sign in to your Account, remember, apps labeled TV GO are available through the Contour app (other apps will need to be downloaded).

Top Liked Posts