CPC200 A2A - "Android Auto" Dongle? Similar to Motorola MA1?

Search This thread

Ankeris

Sep 15, 2022
UK
Hi all!

I looked on the forums here and couldn't find anything about it... have you seen this carlinkit A2A adapter thing? Similar to Motorola MA1?

Seems like similar hardware as the Android headunits but on a dongle and then you connect it through USB and it streams via Android Auto. The usb seems to register that to the Android phones that it is a Android Auto device. the Android Auto UI apparently is stored and sent from the phone its self to the usb dongle and then sent to the android app. the app then sends touch and audio commands back to the usb dongle and then to the phone. I think it's interesting for folks like me with a traditional headunit with Android Auto/CarPlay to have full access to Android.

Does anyone knows about it? I guess we could have the same options as the headunits such as custom firmwares or maybe figuring out what software does that Android Auto integration and use it from an Android phone - getting full Android access...

A link of it from carlinkitofficial store:

Thanks!

Reactions: brucecolin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!

I looked on the forums here and couldn't find anything about it... have you seen this carlinkit A2A adapter thing? Similar to Motorola MA1?

Seems like similar hardware as the Android headunits but on a dongle and then you connect it through USB and it streams via Android Auto. The usb seems to register that to the Android phones that it is a Android Auto device. the Android Auto UI apparently is stored and sent from the phone its self to the usb dongle and then sent to the android app. the app then sends touch and audio commands back to the usb dongle and then to the phone. I think it's interesting for folks like me with a traditional headunit with Android Auto/CarPlay to have full access to Android.

Does anyone knows about it? I guess we could have the same options as the headunits such as custom firmwares or maybe figuring out what software does that Android Auto integration and use it from an Android phone - getting full Android access...

A link of it from carlinkitofficial store:

Thanks!