Question CPH2173 firmware updates

Search This thread

patensas

Jun 24, 2009
So I've noticed something weird going on with the firmware of my FX3 Pro. Early April I received a firmware update with March security patch and some small fixes.

However when keeping an eye on the firmware info i noticed the date next to the firmware version is changing. So now it says 04/28/2021 while it started on 04/03/2021 but no updated firmware came by.

So why would Oppo change the date while no update came in?

I do think they should be ashamed for not providing monthly updates ( at least security patch ) as promised.

Now I don't care to much about the security patch but I'm eager to see the next firmware because latest turned out to be very bad when it comes to battery an performance.

stuclark

May 15, 2006
London, UK
I think there was a minor update which pushed out via the Play Strore in late April, which may be where the 28th date comes from (my phone shows the same date).

We're only 4 days into May so far, so give them a chance to get this months' update out.

(for comparison, OnePlus only "promise" 1 update every 2 months, and frequently fail to do so; and Samsung aren't anywhere near as good as they claim)

mgbosshogg

Feb 6, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Yes, disappointing.

To clarify , what security patch is everyone on?
I have the 28/4/21 update , but that came with the March security patch.

My Samsungs and pixel are on May.

They promise monthly security updates on their website. They have failed at the first hurdle with the X3Pro. Not great going forward. Think failing that simple task is swaying me to sending it back.

( The average for my Samsungs the past 5 years is a monthly security patch on the 7th every single month and 2 other bug fix updates if they don't coincide )

patensas

Jun 24, 2009
My old FX2Pro is running May security patch ( my wife is using it now ) but our FX3Pro is placed behind in the line of updates.

However the security patch isn't my biggest concern, I can miss a month or two. BUT that previous update killed the performance and is eating my battery like sweet pie. On previous firmware the performance was flawless, with the latest it's bad. I'm eager for a new update hoping they will fix the issues and make my device perform again like it did when it came from the box

DoobyDroid

Mar 17, 2013
tenbury wells
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Same march security pretty lame tbh
Screenshot_2021-05-05-10-42-46-66.jpg

boomdox

Feb 8, 2015
Staffordshire
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Hello, I'm in the UK with a Vodafone branded firmware I believe, mainly due to the vf in the firmware name. It's not heavily branded mind. I've had updates twice now in 20 ish days of owning the phone, so not sure why people are complaining, so far, the updates are in time with what my note 20 ultra gets, and this is a much better phone than that.

user154

Feb 15, 2013
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Hello, I'm in the UK with a Vodafone branded firmware I believe, mainly due to the vf in the firmware name. It's not heavily branded mind. I've had updates twice now in 20 ish days of owning the phone, so not sure why people are complaining, so far, the updates are in time with what my note 20 ultra gets, and this is a much better phone than that.

I second this, the only difference I think Im on day 19 and I don't own a note 20. My previous phone was a pixel 4, which obviously has a much better update schedule. However this phone blows it out the water in every other way, so I'm more than happy with it.

mgbosshogg

Feb 6, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I second this, the only difference I think Im on day 19 and I don't own a note 20. My previous phone was a pixel 4, which obviously has a much better update schedule. However this phone blows it out the water in every other way, so I'm more than happy with it.
This is already way ahead in terms of battery than my note 20 Ultra with the same battery capacity. Plus it's 100% better felling in the hand. So more comfortable.

Did get a response from Oppo about one of my "bugs". Turns out the theme store is not supported in the UK. So that's why it's empty.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone