• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question CPH2173 firmware updates

Search This thread

boomdox

Feb 8, 2015
Staffordshire
Xiaomi Mi 11
@boomdox I haven't yet. But saw one on eBay for sale. Looked like something flossy carter would get.😁.

I will be selling the watch , but keeping the rest. How long since you submitted?
I sent mine off on the 15th and received it bang on 21 days later. I'm quite happy with the watch to be honest, but your right, flossy carter would be well at home with this, especially the way the box feels 🤣🤣👍

patensas

Jun 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I sent mine off on the 15th and received it bang on 21 days later. I'm quite happy with the watch to be honest, but your right, flossy carter would be well at home with this, especially the way the box feels 🤣🤣👍
Wow be happy I applied for the pre-order gifts on 25 March and just received a message that the gifts have been sent

Track trace shows the parcel is applied but not yet at GLS

Fingers crossed it will arrive tomorrow or Saturday. At least they took their (almost max 45 days ) time. But I don't mind I can wait for the goodies

Edit:

The gift pack arrived today

Attachments

• IMG20210507141418.jpg
    IMG20210507141418.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 48
Reactions: mgbosshogg

mgbosshogg

Feb 6, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Wow be happy I applied for the pre-order gifts on 25 March and just received a message that the gifts have been sent

Track trace shows the parcel is applied but not yet at GLS

Fingers crossed it will arrive tomorrow or Saturday. At least they took their (almost max 45 days ) time. But I don't mind I can wait for the goodies

Edit:

The gift pack arrived today
Wow, the box looks great. Let me know what you think of the watch. Still torn about selling it.

patensas

Jun 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Wow, the box looks great. Let me know what you think of the watch. Still torn about selling it.
Will do, I have the Fossil Garret as a nice compare and used to have the Samsung Watch. Also wondering how the Oppo Watch will turn out.

Have it on my wrist as we speak after charging it to 100% and will check it out for a day or so before I'll let you know what I think about it

boomdox

Feb 8, 2015
Staffordshire
Xiaomi Mi 11
Regards the smart watch, I recently had the tic watch pro 3 running the latest mobile processor, the 4100 and that was amazingly fast, and to be honest, the battery on this is just as good, you can tell it's not as fast, but nothing drastic, and the only other thing I'm not sure about, is the launcher, I prefer the carousel style but that works well on round watches, and on square it would look rubbish I guess, you can change to a list mode, but that's when I can tell the processor isn't as new as the 4100. Apart from all of this, it's a really good watch, and for me, I love the look of apple watches, but not the software, so for me this is the best of both worlds......

patensas

Jun 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Question for those that received the April update, how is the battery life so far?

As mentioned my device lost performance and is very battery hungry on March firmware and I'm hoping the latest fixes battery drain

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-08-18-27-39-97.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-08-18-27-39-97.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 48

mgbosshogg

Feb 6, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
@deraiz12
Qhd , 120hz , Bluetooth , dual SIM 5G / WiFi mix. Most stuff on. Normally run at 50pc brightness inside.
Yesterday was 14hrs off the charger at work, 7hrs SoT , 2hrs call time , 2hrs streaming. Some outside pictures.

World of difference from my exynos note 20 Ultra.

patensas

Jun 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Okay as promised my thoughts about the Oppo Watch.

First off I never expected it to be so easy to get used to the square case after having several regular rounded watches. BUT it's easy getting used to once you notice the better usability.

The screen is superb and very well visible. It's crisp and clear in every situation. The square form ensures more space for the contend and it's a real difference compared to the round watches.

Battery life so far is 39 hours after first charge and doubles the battery life I was used to with my Fossil Garret

This witch AOD and gesture wake up enabled.

The Watch is excellent build and feels comfortable on the wrist, after a few hours one could easily forget the watch is there.

When compared to the Fossil and Samsung watch this is a true competitive watch. Better battery life, faster charging, more screen ( and contents just a better fit on square screen ), the watch handles gestures better and screen is better visible ( at least compared to the Fossil )

I do miss the rotating bezel from the Samsung Watch but that is a matter of getting used to I guess.

I wouldn't have bought the Oppo Watch myself but I'm glad I got one as a bonus and can now enjoy it as much as I do.

Everything seems spot on and feels like the watch is a quality product. I didn't expect much but so far I'm more than happy with it.

patensas

Jun 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
So finally ( with the help of a VPN ) I've got the latest firmware on my device and it looks like my performance and battery drain issues got fixed.

Besides some small changes to the user interface and the smoother scrolling also the performance is almost on par with the februari patch. Time to forget about the buggy March patch and start enjoying the latest April patch

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-10-22-12-11-83_c198c715d99ba250d5a335743408f64f.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-10-22-12-11-83_c198c715d99ba250d5a335743408f64f.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: krank8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The above is really quite an idiotic post.

Where exactly did I say I would like to be careless with my security? I am *hyper* security conscious, for reasons I need not go into. You should be too!

That is why I would like to ensure that known Android insecurities are patched, if such patches are available. That you are happy for insecurities to exist, and to run without the patches, without a care in the world? Well that says a lot.
    Where exactly did I say specifically you would like to be careless with your security? Read my previous post again - I did not say that and I did not mean to offend you. If you are selfaware user thats good, this is unfortunately not common among others.

Im just saying that I cannot understand why people are soooo demanding about these security updates since they dont even know what google is fixing with them...if there is a high risk we would have already seen articles/news how google ****ed up with the security.

So basically a month or two delay with getting a security update is no harm for you...believe me. If something bad happen specifically with your phone due to lack of latest security patch - its like winning a lottery ticket.

As a software engineer I can assure you that your banking apps/financial portals are more insecure than google.

Moreover in general software build by developers contains many external libraries developed by many other developers...basically at each level/component you can have security issue or security bug raised and this bug can wait months to be fixed by the dev teams - you know why? Cause the chance of using this security vulnerability is close to 0 or they just dont have time to fix it.

Of course every software (especially in banking sector) has to go through security scanning, only the HIGH risk elements have to be fixed. Medium and Minor ones can be fixed later with no rush.
    A17 version with May security patch is available so patience.

Let me ask u a question...why these security patches are SO important to you? You know that the chance that someone or something will use some android bugs to get to your bank account are close to ZERO...

Well said, I've never understood why people are so desperate for an update that they won't even notice a difference with.

Oppo could release an update with 0 changes and they'd want it
    I use Nord VPN and switching to France really did get me the update. <3
    I'm also in the UK, on an unbranded phone bought directly from Oppo (I've got CPW in the firmware code as well)

Still on the March security update as shown in the first screenshot
    Lol, that's worse. It's mid may and they havnt even got a global April release yet. Their website states promised monthly patches . .... Great.
    I got the update, even though I'm not on Vodafone neither my phone is bought or related Vodafone.
    Use Freedom Vpn and choose France... That's how i got it