Question CPH2173 firmware updates

Search This thread

ErnestoSV

Jul 7, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Hello friends, I don't know if I am in the wrong forum but I have a problem. I bought a second hand Oppo Find X3 Pro. The previous user installed Android 12 Beta, so I want to downgrade to stock, it's OK if I can go back to stock stable Android 11, but I can't find the way. Anybody has the same problem ?

hassan.epour

Oct 7, 2016
Hello friends, I don't know if I am in the wrong forum but I have a problem. I bought a second hand Oppo Find X3 Pro. The previous user installed Android 12 Beta, so I want to downgrade to stock, it's OK if I can go back to stock stable Android 11, but I can't find the way. Anybody has the same problem ?
Go to service center, downgrade is impossible by manually, or use vpn to change countries maybe you get stable android 12, or ask oppo support, i haven't find x3 pro but i know this problem it happened for my find x2 pro.

garykcliu

Oct 6, 2009
I still atay on cph2173_11_a24 firmware version, it never detects any new version for the upgrade.

Is there any other ways that I can download the firmware and upgrade to Android 12 please.

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Jorgo-Bo

Dec 5, 2011
Herne
I still atay on cph2173_11_a24 firmware version, it never detects any new version for the upgrade.

Is there any other ways that I can download the firmware and upgrade to Android 12 please.

Your advice is highly appreciated.
In the other firmware tread "Lesiano" wrote :

"Reboot phone and disable wifi; only with sim data, chose vpn (tunnelbear vpn app) region france or germany ; check update"

Keep VPN open for a few minutes before checking...

MedKaarim

May 12, 2022
the problem is that after the last update the system has problem with my sim card and shows a lot of bugs i can only use wifi i'm dying. is there another method! or have u a solution for my problem please the sim card is detect for a second thand undetected and it show it all along the day

MedKaarim

May 12, 2022
In the other firmware tread "Lesiano" wrote :

"Reboot phone and disable wifi; only with sim data, chose vpn (tunnelbear vpn app) region france or germany ; check update"

Keep VPN open for a few minutes before checking...
the problem is that after the last update the system has problem with my sim card and shows a lot of bugs i can only use wifi i'm dying. is there another method! or have u a solution for my problem please the sim card is detect for a second thand undetected and it show it all along the day

Royooo

May 13, 2022
I have the same problem. Any one have a solution ???

Fredo2

Jun 9, 2015
Moldova
unfortunately I had the same problem with c.60, at the oppo center in my country I downgraded to c.41 and now everything is ok

Fredo2

Jun 9, 2015
Moldova

in this site is c.47 I asked in support if in ofp file there is msm tool flash with login and password I was told that it is but it is not known if it does not lie anyway to download you need at least a silver package that costs $ 19 in In theory, if that's have all you need to flash your phone, it's pretty easy

Fredo2

Jun 9, 2015
Moldova
what update did you receive?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The above is really quite an idiotic post.

Where exactly did I say I would like to be careless with my security? I am *hyper* security conscious, for reasons I need not go into. You should be too!

That is why I would like to ensure that known Android insecurities are patched, if such patches are available. That you are happy for insecurities to exist, and to run without the patches, without a care in the world? Well that says a lot.
    Where exactly did I say specifically you would like to be careless with your security? Read my previous post again - I did not say that and I did not mean to offend you. If you are selfaware user thats good, this is unfortunately not common among others.

Im just saying that I cannot understand why people are soooo demanding about these security updates since they dont even know what google is fixing with them...if there is a high risk we would have already seen articles/news how google ****ed up with the security.

So basically a month or two delay with getting a security update is no harm for you...believe me. If something bad happen specifically with your phone due to lack of latest security patch - its like winning a lottery ticket.

As a software engineer I can assure you that your banking apps/financial portals are more insecure than google.

Moreover in general software build by developers contains many external libraries developed by many other developers...basically at each level/component you can have security issue or security bug raised and this bug can wait months to be fixed by the dev teams - you know why? Cause the chance of using this security vulnerability is close to 0 or they just dont have time to fix it.

Of course every software (especially in banking sector) has to go through security scanning, only the HIGH risk elements have to be fixed. Medium and Minor ones can be fixed later with no rush.
    If software updates are part of the reason you buy a phone then you wouldn't of got an Oppo
    Buddy, lack of support is why I previously stayed away from OPPO. Recently they promised monthly security updates:

And also up to Android 13:

It was not the only reason for me. I got it for £600, much cheaper than the OnePlus 9.

In any case I am not too concerned as I did not pay the £1,000+ launch price and the phone is very snappy.
    I agree. And none of the argument would have occurred had a couple of posters not waded in with comments suggesting lack of firmware updates did not matter. The thread is supposed to be about firmware updates, not some daft debate about whether they are important or not.
    If you did not start moaning about lack of updates with security patches this exchange of opinions wouldnt have started
    A17 version with May security patch is available so patience.

Let me ask u a question...why these security patches are SO important to you? You know that the chance that someone or something will use some android bugs to get to your bank account are close to ZERO...

Well said, I've never understood why people are so desperate for an update that they won't even notice a difference with.

Oppo could release an update with 0 changes and they'd want it
    I'm also in the UK, on an unbranded phone bought directly from Oppo (I've got CPW in the firmware code as well)

Still on the March security update as shown in the first screenshot