How To Guide [CPH2239] How to Unlock Bootloader and Root the OPPO A54

Search This thread

Sami sl

Aug 18, 2020
Yes this is the exact issue users had been reporting. You can get stock rom file from here. Use oppo-decrypt (here) and extract the .ofp file of stock firmware to some folder. Use bypass_utility (here) to disable security otherwise we can't flash the rom using sp flash tool. Once security disabled flash the firmware using sp flash tool. While flashing make sure "opporeserve2" is unticked.
hey,im facing the same problem, i tried unlocking the bootloader using mtk game over tool, i got this error and my data wasnt wiped off, i probably think the bootloader is still locked, does ur method work without unlocking the bootloader and can u plz tell me how to do it

Johannj22

Mar 14, 2021
Make sure to downgrade your firmware to Android 10. Unlocking bootloader cannot be done on Android 11. Download the stock firmware of android 10 and extract it. I have shared the tools to extract the ofp file inside the stock firmware zip. Extract it and flash the firmware using sp flash tool. Make sure to use bypass_utility to disable security before flashing

gitmg

May 27, 2022
Oppo A54
2. Dump boot and vbmeta partitions by typing the below code
python mtk r boot,vbmeta,vbmeta_system,vbmeta_vendor boot.img,vbmeta.img,vbmeta_system.img,vbmeta_vendor.img
Press Enter and insert the USB cable into your device by simultaneously pressing vol up and down buttons. If It doesn't work try again until it does

I couldn't do this step. I connect the phone to the pc, I press volume up and down and the phone turns on and nothing changes in the cmd.

Edit: Forget about it I'm stupid I didn't installed usbdk driver

Last edited:

gitmg

May 27, 2022
Oppo A54
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_vendor vbmeta_vendor.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot reboot
Rewriting vbmeta struct at offset: 0
Sending 'vbmeta' (8192 KB) FAILED (remote: 'Download is not allowed on locked devices')
fastboot: error: Command failed

I'm trying to flash the boot.img and this appears

Johannj22

Mar 14, 2021
Rewriting vbmeta struct at offset: 0
Sending 'vbmeta' (8192 KB) FAILED (remote: 'Download is not allowed on locked devices')
fastboot: error: Command failed

I'm trying to flash the boot.img and this appears
This means the bootloader hasn't been unlocked yet. On which android version did you try to unlock bootloader?

Johannj22

Mar 14, 2021
a11 I'm trying to downgrade to a10 but I can't, do you have a tutorial step by step? (using sp flash tool)
GETTING THE STOCK FIRMWARE:
First download OPPO A54 stock rom from this link. Then extract it. After extracting you will see a file with that ends with .ofp . You should decrypt the ofp file to some folder with the help of this.

FLASHING STOCK FIRMWARE:
  • Then download the Bypass_utility zip I have attached below. Extract it and open a command prompt window in the extracted folder.
  • Type
    Code:
    pip install pyusb json5
    . Once that's done type this command
    Code:
    python main.py -c mt6765_config.json5 -p mt6765_payload.bin
    .It will show waiting for device. During that time insert a usb cable by pressing vol up and vol down. You will see a message "Protection disabled".
  • Now don't remove the cable or close the cmd window. Open sp flash tool and select the scatter file which will be located at the folder to which you extracted the .ofp file. Select it and also uncheck opporeserve2 partition cause it might throw some errors. Then just click on Download and the flashing process will begin

Attachments

• bypass_utility_mt6765.zip
    240.3 KB · Views: 251
Reactions: gitmg

gitmg

May 27, 2022
Oppo A54
SP Flash tool asks me for an authentication file, do i have to select it?

Edit: Forget about it I fixed it

1653928254420.png

Last edited:

XinxC0d3

Jun 3, 2022
bro im new here, I've follow 1st step u've posted, the step is normal, but the bootloader isn't unlocked and there's "is not verified blabla" at the strtup under oppo logo.
Then I followed ur 2nd step which on 2nd page, now my phone can't start, there's message "Download doesn't complete etc" at startup and automatically turned off in 1min, I tried to format and re-flash it again with the same way, and now my phone is completely dead... can't turned on, but the port still can be read by pressing vol+ and vold- then plug the usb..
I've trying to flash it with more than 5 firmware with different version, but still no help..
Could you help me bro?
Im completely givin up now... wanna go to oppo service center, but it too far from my home (like 4-5 city away)..
Thanks, appriciate any help and sorry for my bad english.

XinxC0d3

Jun 3, 2022
Update, now I flash my phone with CPH2239PU_11_A.07_210417_62713da5 firmware it back alive but still there's "download not completed! blabla" and off again... Help

Johannj22

Mar 14, 2021
bro im new here, I've follow 1st step u've posted, the step is normal, but the bootloader isn't unlocked and there's "is not verified blabla" at the strtup under oppo logo.
Then I followed ur 2nd step which on 2nd page, now my phone can't start, there's message "Download doesn't complete etc" at startup and automatically turned off in 1min, I tried to format and re-flash it again with the same way, and now my phone is completely dead... can't turned on, but the port still can be read by pressing vol+ and vold- then plug the usb..
I've trying to flash it with more than 5 firmware with different version, but still no help..
Could you help me bro?
Im completely givin up now... wanna go to oppo service center, but it too far from my home (like 4-5 city away)..
Thanks, appriciate any help and sorry for my bad english.
Hello.. You should be able to flash stock firmware even if bootloader is locked. Just don't flash opporeserve2. Cause that might give "not verified" error

Edit: Sorry I didn't read your message properly. Will you please send a picture of download not completed error that you have been getting?

XinxC0d3

Jun 3, 2022
Hello.. You should be able to flash stock firmware even if bootloader is locked. Just don't flash opporeserve2. Cause that might give "not verified" error

Edit: Sorry I didn't read your message properly. Will you please send a picture of download not completed error that you have been getting?
download.jpg

it says "Download not completed! Please press volume+ and power key 10s to power off. Then download it again. Otherwise will block here 60s will shutdown automatically error code: 0x992566"

Edit: Maybe now I've tried every single firmware for a54 T.T but no help, someone said that I need to flash oppo_custom.img for oppo a54, I've downloaded it, but when I flash that oppo custom, it need a verified boot same as oppserve2... I have no idea and stuck here tryin to find another firmware...

Last edited:

gitmg

May 27, 2022
Oppo A54
I have a question, I already rooted my a54 and is asking for a software update, how I can get the software update without losing data and root?

XinxC0d3

Jun 3, 2022
I have a question, I already rooted my a54 and is asking for a software update, how I can get the software update without losing data and root?
gitmg do you have oppo a54 dumped firmware bro? Would you send me that firmware? Im so dead and can't find way to repair this phone... Please and thanks

hady hesham

Jun 13, 2017

DISCLAIMER

* I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

PRE REQUIREMENTS:

• Python 3.9 and Git (Please make sure to add Python and Git to PATH. An option to add them to PATH will be available in the installer)
  • mtk client (Get it from here)
  • SDK Platform tools (Get it from here)
  • Patience :)
  • USB debugging and OEM unlock should be enabled in developer options

LET'S BEGIN!

STEPS:​

1. Open Command Prompt in any location and type
git clone https://github.com/bkerler/mtkclient cd mtkclient pip3 install -r requirements.txt

python mtk r boot,vbmeta,vbmeta_system,vbmeta_vendor boot.img,vbmeta.img,vbmeta_system.img,vbmeta_vendor.img
Press Enter and insert the USB cable into your device by simultaneously pressing vol up and down buttons. If It doesn't work try again until it does

3. Patch the boot.img in Magisk manager and save the patched boot back to Platform tools folder and rename it to boot.img. Copy vbmeta,vbmeta_system and vbmeta_vendor as well to Platform tools folder

4. Unlock the Bootloader

Execute the below commands:
python mtk e metadata,userdata,md_udc
python mtk da seccfg unlock

NOTE THAT AFTER EXECUTING EACH COMMANDS YOU MIGHT HAVE TO RECONNECT YOUR DEVICE. YOU CAN ALSO PERFORM THIS STEP USING THE MTK CLIENT GUI. FOR THAT FOLLOW THE BELOW STEPS

In a command prompt window opened in mtk client folder type

python mtk_gui

Once you are in the GUI connect your device by inserting usb cable and pressing vol up and down buttons simultaneously. Once the device is recognised few tabs will show up. Head over to the erase tab and Erase metadata, userdata and md_udc partitions. Then press the Unlock bootloader button.

Reboot the device now. You should see an orange state warning during start up.

5. Reboot back to fastboot

To do this open a command prompt window in Platform Tools folder and execute
adb reboot fastboot

6. Flash the patched boot.img and vbmeta
Move the patched boot.img, vbmeta_system and vbmeta_vendor to platform tools folder. Execute the below commands in a command prompt window opened in Platform tools folder
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_vendor vbmeta_vendor.img
fastboot reboot

THAT'S IT! NOW YOU SUCCESSFULLY HAVE ROOT IN YOUR OPPO A54

Press the like button if this guide was useful to you!
Hey does this work on oppo a93 android 12 or not and if not working cuz of Android 12 how can I downgrade

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DISCLAIMER

* I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

IMPORTANT:

This method works only upto c.20 patch.

PRE REQUIREMENTS:

• Python 3.9 and Git (Please make sure to add Python and Git to PATH. An option to add them to PATH will be available in the installer)
    • mtk client (Get it from here)
    • SDK Platform tools (Get it from here)
    • Patience :)
    • USB debugging and OEM unlock should be enabled in developer options

LET'S BEGIN!

STEPS:​

1. Open Command Prompt in any location and type
    git clone https://github.com/bkerler/mtkclient cd mtkclient pip3 install -r requirements.txt

Type the above code, then press Enter and insert the USB cable into your device by simultaneously pressing vol up and down buttons. If It doesn't work try again until it does

3. Patch the boot.img in Magisk manager and save the patched boot back to Platform tools folder and rename it to boot.img. Copy vbmeta,vbmeta_system and vbmeta_vendor as well to Platform tools folder

4. Unlock the Bootloader

Execute the below commands:
    python mtk e metadata,userdata,md_udc
    python mtk da seccfg unlock

NOTE THAT AFTER EXECUTING EACH COMMANDS YOU MIGHT HAVE TO RECONNECT YOUR DEVICE. YOU CAN ALSO PERFORM THIS STEP USING THE MTK CLIENT GUI. FOR THAT FOLLOW THE BELOW STEPS

In a command prompt window opened in mtk client folder type

python mtk_gui

Once you are in the GUI connect your device by inserting usb cable and pressing vol up and down buttons simultaneously. Once the device is recognised few tabs will show up. Head over to the erase tab and Erase metadata, userdata and md_udc partitions. Then press the Unlock bootloader button.

Reboot the device now. You should see an orange state warning during start up.

5. Reboot back to fastboot

To do this open a command prompt window in Platform Tools folder and execute
    adb reboot fastboot

6. Flash the patched boot.img and vbmeta
    Move the patched boot.img, vbmeta_system and vbmeta_vendor to platform tools folder. Execute the below commands in a command prompt window opened in Platform tools folder
    fastboot reboot

THAT'S IT! NOW YOU SUCCESSFULLY HAVE ROOT IN YOUR OPPO A54

Press the like button if this guide was useful to you!
    my oppo is currently in latest version a11 , also successfully done step 4 without any errors . after step 4 theres an warning while booting and it says dm verity corrupted. unsafe etc. i pressed power button once and it booted fine, but when i did step 5-6 it shows bootloader not unlock and wont flash. what do i do now? should i downgrade ? if so should i lockbootloader first then flash stock a10? thanks in advance
    Yes this is the exact issue users had been reporting. You can get stock rom file from here. Use oppo-decrypt (here) and extract the .ofp file of stock firmware to some folder. Use bypass_utility (here) to disable security otherwise we can't flash the rom using sp flash tool. Once security disabled flash the firmware using sp flash tool. While flashing make sure "opporeserve2" is unticked.
    Thank you for the guide, it's not easy but I will try in my A54 5G
    Thank you for the guide, it's not easy but I will try in my A54 5G
    Oppo A54 5G iirc has a Snapdragon. This method is for mediatek devices only.
    thank you very much for your contribution/help, i successfully unlocked my bootloader and installed magisk with no problems.