Hi!

Ive built a new computer and here is my spec:

Motherboard: Gigabyte B560M ds3h v2
Processor: Intel i5 11-600KF
CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 esport duo
RAM: 4x4GB Corsair vengeance lpx 3200Mhz
HDD: Crucial ssd NVMe PCIE 4.0 1TB
GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti Strix dc iii OC

This build works but when i put my old ASUS GTX 660 Ti 2GB vram i get 5 beep AMI BIOS error code, which means Processor error. Ive tried with my GTX 745 as well and with this GPU it works. Its only the GTX 660 Ti that brings this error. Is that GPU toast or is there any other explanation?

All help is welcome!

I havent installed windows yet. Only booted up BIOS. Ive put new MX-4 thermal paste on all 3 GPUs.

Sincerly
/Nathan

Malluynd

Apr 2, 2022
Screenshot_2022-04-02-22-02-52-245_com.android.settings.jpg

James wick

Jul 16, 2022
Remove new hardware
If any new hardware was recently added to the computer, remove that hardware to make sure it is not causing your issue. If your computer works after removing the new hardware, it can mean a few things. Either the new hardware is not compatible with your computer, a system setting needs to be changed, or the new hardware is defective.

Remove any disks or USB devices
USB cable being plugged into USB port on laptop
Remove any disks, CDs, or DVDs that are in the computer. If any USB devices (iPods, drives, phones, etc.) are connected, disconnect all of them as well. Reboot the computer and see if anything changes.

Disconnect external devices
Remove everything from the back of the computer, except the power cable. Turn on the computer and see if it beeps normally. If the computer has never beeped, keep the monitor or display connected to see if any change occurs.

Regards,
J Wick

thugtomas

Sep 15, 2022
Hi! This build works but when I put my old ASUS GTX 660 Ti 2GB VRAM I get a 5 beep AMI BIOS error code, which means Processor error

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What.

Does the same happen if you enable CSM before installing the card?
    Thank you!

It did not support UEFI with the current drives. When I enabled CSM it worked. I had no idea there where different BIOS even, so you helped a blind man see :)

Sincerely
    Nathan