Question Cpu undervolting konabess app

Search This thread

Goku1992

Hello guys. Someone who tried the konabess App on the s22 with snapdragon 8 gen 1? Is it possible to undervolt this thing a bit to lower the heat output? Its hot here in germany (28° Celsius) and the phone become very hot (cpu 50-65°C) just with Surfing the Samsung browser... So looking for a way to tame it a bit.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: malikin

malikin

Aug 11, 2009
London
pfff....just take a drill and make big holes in your plastic phone case

ps: what is your background processes?

i hope not trashy fb, intagram, snap,twitter apps which wakes up your screen & modem every 10 seconds to show you what your friends eat in restorants? make debloat

Tearm

Sep 28, 2011
Hello guys. Someone who tried the konabess App on the s22 with snapdragon 8 gen 1? Is it possible to undervolt this thing a bit to lower the heat output? Its hot here in germany (28° Celsius) and the phone become very hot (cpu 50-65°C) just with Surfing the Samsung browser... So looking for a way to tame it a bit.
I made some underclocking by EX Kernel Manager app (cluster 2 max freq 1555, cluster 3 max freq 1843, all clusters regulator is shedutil instead of walt, gpu max freq is 599). As can i say, konabess made simmilar procedure, but by patching boot image, so may be my reaults can answer your question. In my place also in this summer temperature rises to 28-35 celsius, before changing cpu settings phone was sometimes warm when i use it at sunlight, now it less hot and live longer (approx 6hrs of screen with using from 85% to 15%, but for battery life i also put to sleep some apps in settings). At antutu indoor phone is heated up to 34 celsius (before underclocking it was up to 39 celsius). In ui, browsing and camera i cant catch any lag or stutter with these cpu setting about a month so i think it very stable. But in straight sunlight phone still can heated to 45-50 celsius, better not use it in straight sunlight for long

Goku1992

I made some underclocking by EX Kernel Manager app (cluster 2 max freq 1555, cluster 3 max freq 1843, all clusters regulator is shedutil instead of walt, gpu max freq is 599). As can i say, konabess made simmilar procedure, but by patching boot image, so may be my reaults can answer your question. In my place also in this summer temperature rises to 28-35 celsius, before changing cpu settings phone was sometimes warm when i use it at sunlight, now it less hot and live longer (approx 6hrs of screen with using from 85% to 15%, but for battery life i also put to sleep some apps in settings). At antutu indoor phone is heated up to 34 celsius (before underclocking it was up to 39 celsius). In ui, browsing and camera i cant catch any lag or stutter with these cpu setting about a month so i think it very stable. But in straight sunlight phone still can heated to 45-50 celsius, better not use it in straight sunlight for long
Thanks mate :) snapdragon? Do you have a custom kernel? S22 ultra? Sorry for the questions :)

Goku1992

You do realize that body temp is 37C...right. It gets hotter than 25C just by being in your pocket. It isn't outside temperatures causing your problem, it's the app your using.
Which app? My phone is mostly debloated. Only Apps i have installed beside the apps the phones comes with are Youtube and WhatsApp. No social Media ****. Please dont comment if you havent a clue what are you talking about. I had many phones in my live (switching a good 6-12 months cause its a Hobby) rooted every phone till the s21u and the s22u and no phone was as hot as this from normal task (browsing with the Samsung browser) so please stop fanboying. It isnt hot like you cant hold it anymore but it could be cooler so im looking for ways to tweak it a bit cause i like tweaking (cause of this reason i debloat my phone, tweak settings i dont use....)

Which app? My phone is mostly debloated. Only Apps i have installed beside the apps the phones comes with are Youtube and WhatsApp. No social Media ****. Please dont comment if you havent a clue what are you talking about. I had many phones in my live (switching a good 6-12 months cause its a Hobby) rooted every phone till the s21u and the s22u and no phone was as hot as this from normal task (browsing with the Samsung browser) so please stop fanboying. It isnt hot like you cant hold it anymore but it could be cooler so im looking for ways to tweak it a bit cause i like tweaking (cause of this reason i debloat my phone, tweak settings i dont use....)
You specifically mentioned the konabess app. The temp you stated, 25C, is well within the S22 Ultra's operating specs. The normal operating temp for the S22 Ultra is 0-35C.

One or more of your apps is using more power than they should. You're going to have to figure out which.

I haven't rooted or debloated. I have social media apps installed and running. I was at the Blue Angels airshow last weekend. Even being on a hot tarmac with no shade it was working fine shooting video and photos with no overheating or stuttering. It was around 31-32C in direct sunlight the whole time.

Goku1992

Ive already factory resetet the phone. There isnt app. Then u are using the amazing snapdragon 8 gen 2 prototyp s23u from Samsung. The 8gen 1 is a hothead. Its confirmed. 31-32°C cpu temp in direct sunlight is impossible. Even the battery is a bit hotter then....

Here an example:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/rn1ffg
And Millions more if you Google snapdragon 8 gen 1. So please stop now. Only wanted to tame it a bit cause optimzing isnt bad.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pfff....just take a drill and make big holes in your plastic phone case

ps: what is your background processes?

i hope not trashy fb, intagram, snap,twitter apps which wakes up your screen & modem every 10 seconds to show you what your friends eat in restorants? make debloat
    参考8gen1原频率电压.png

This is for your reference. The details also depend on the hardware configuration (the highest frequency can be 831 voltage turbo)
    Mate my question Was if someone undervoltet or underclocked the 8 gen 1. No fanboys!!
    Easy chap - no fanboy here. Just reporting experience and observations!