Question Cracking from speakers with Adaptive Sound on. Can anyone try this link and confirm?

Search This thread

Hand76

Jul 1, 2010
Long Island N.Y.
I don't remember this with Android 12 but on 13 (October build) I'm getting a crackling sound in videos, either at the start or while skipping around the vid. With Adaptive Sound turned off it's pretty much completely gone.

Don't mind this stupid vid but can anyone confirm the same? Just quickly skip around and please tell me if everytime the sound starts back up if you get that annoying cracking for a second.

Edit: Linking to the vid directly here the sound is slightly "muted" and you can't really tell... If you can just pick one of the first vids. Male Karen Destroyed By Salesman and play the clip through Chrome/YouTube that should work.

Last edited:

Hand76

Jul 1, 2010
Long Island N.Y.
Guys I just came into work and my friend who has a regular Pixel 6 has the exact same issue with the exact same video. We turned off his Adaptive Sound and while it wasn't 100% fixed it was 80% better.

Can other please confirm. I'm talking about moving the slider around on the video and everytime it starts to play again there is a crackle

nick username

Apr 29, 2019
Guys I just came into work and my friend who has a regular Pixel 6 has the exact same issue with the exact same video. We turned off his Adaptive Sound and while it wasn't 100% fixed it was 80% better.

Can other please confirm. I'm talking about moving the slider around on the video and everytime it starts to play again there is a crackle
Not p6p, but I also noticed the popping/crackling in audios when they are played/paused/tap'd to seek. This also happens on roms such as pixel experience. With adaptive sound turned off, so does the noise. I have also adressed the issue, but no one seems to care/mind. I thought I was the only one being this nitpicky.

Device: 4a5G (Bramble)
Build number: TQ1A.221205.011 (December patch)

Reactions: Hand76

Hand76

Jul 1, 2010
Long Island N.Y.
Not p6p, but I also noticed the popping/crackling in audios when they are played/paused/tap'd to seek. This also happens on roms such as pixel experience. With adaptive sound turned off, so does the noise. I have also adressed the issue, but no one seems to care/mind. I thought I was the only one being this nitpicky.

I just tried on my older P6 Pro/Android 12. And turns out same thing. I still think turning off Adaptive Audio makes the sound crack much less. Might still be a little pop.

I used that phone for 6 months and never noticed but once you notice it, you can't not notice it lol

Reactions: nick username

nick username

Apr 29, 2019
I just tried on my older P6 Pro/Android 12. And turns out same thing. I still think turning off Adaptive Audio makes the sound crack much less. Might still be a little pop.

I used that phone for 6 months and never noticed but once you notice it, you can't not notice it lol
It actually started ever since the existence of that feature. Quite a turn off.

• Wow
Reactions: Hand76

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No crackling on my end think your speaker may be faulty I tried adaptive sound on and off