CrashGuard Equivalent Bumper Case

Search This thread

Aightek

Sep 25, 2018
Hi there,

Looking for a bumper frame case exactly like CrashGuard from RhinoShield but couldn't find one.
There are tons of bumper frames with transparent glass on back but no chance for open back frame protection.

Searching through Aliexpress and Amazon but just can't find anything similar to that.
There are couple of metal/aliminum framed cases but don't think they are protective as plastic.

Any suggestions really appreciated!

Edit: So I couldn't find a plastic bumper case and went for the aluminium cases and found Oatsbasf. It is quite thin and open back case, and it seems it is extremely durable.
Added some screen shots below. The skin is DBrand Matrix skin for P20 Pro.

UTB8.8p5DWrFXKJk43Ovq6ybnpXaA.jpg

UTB8egbujHPJXKJkSafSq6yqUXXal.jpg

UTB8CivtjFPJXKJkSahVq6xyzFXaq.jpg

UTB8VyHpjJnJXKJkSaiyq6AhwXXao.jpg

UTB8He65DtoSdeJk43Owq6ya4XXas.jpg

Last edited:

jhs39

Oct 8, 2015
Chicago
I like RhinoShield Crash Guard cases as well but if you have used them it should be obvious why they don't make that type of case for the P20. If there is no bezel on the sides of the display there is no way for a Crash Guard style case to securely grip the edges of the phone without overlapping onto the display screen. Your phone isn't going to work properly if that happens because anything that requires touch control near the edges of the display will be inaccessible. RhinoShield started making regulay style cases with backs last year because the CrashGuard cases aren't compatible with edge to edge screen phones.

Aightek

Sep 25, 2018
I like RhinoShield Crash Guard cases as well but if you have used them it should be obvious why they don't make that type of case for the P20. If there is no bezel on the sides of the display there is no way for a Crash Guard style case to securely grip the edges of the phone without overlapping onto the display screen. Your phone isn't going to work properly if that happens because anything that requires touch control near the edges of the display will be inaccessible. RhinoShield started making regulay style cases with backs last year because the CrashGuard cases aren't compatible with edge to edge screen phones.

Yes, you are absolutely right, and this is probably the why there is no such a case for p20 pro.

Just bought the metal bumper from Oatsbasf. It seems thin enough and can display the back of the phone so I can show off the skin.

Thanks anyway for the info.

jhs39

Oct 8, 2015
Chicago
Yes, you are absolutely right, and this is probably the why there is no such a case for p20 pro.

Just bought the metal bumper from Oatsbasf. It seems thin enough and can display the back of the phone so I can show off the skin.

Thanks anyway for the info.
Just got an Otterbox Clear Case for the P20 Pro from Amazon. Haven't had one of their cases for ages because they mostly just make them for Apple and Samsung phones. It's nice.--good grip and feels protective. I couldn't get into metal bumper cases--the ones I tried dug into my hands.

khronosgt1

Nov 6, 2015
Hi there,

Looking for a bumper frame case exactly like CrashGuard from RhinoShield but couldn't find one.
There are tons of bumper frames with transparent glass on back but no chance for open back frame protection.

Searching through Aliexpress and Amazon but just can't find anything similar to that.
There are couple of metal/aliminum framed cases but don't think they are protective as plastic.

Yes, the phone's back is too beautiful to cover it with a case... just ordered the Oatsbasf, I hope it works :)

Aightek

Sep 25, 2018
I ve received the Oatsbasf and after putting it I just have low reception of the network,
I just kept it for 2 minutes on my phone
so bad it was nice on the P20 Pro

Yeah I also heard that issue about Oatsbasf, dunno if they upgraded it or not but strangely my phone works without any issue.
No low reception or gps. Quite happy with the case.

Reactions: khronosgt1

khronosgt1

Nov 6, 2015
Does it need protection?

Yeah I also heard that issue about Oatsbasf, dunno if they upgraded it or not but strangely my phone works without any issue.

Hello, the case hasn't arrived but i'm concerned if it may scratch the back of the phone. Does the aluminum has direct contact with the glass on the back? I was thinking about getting a sticker like protector before using the case, do you think it is necessary?

Aightek

Sep 25, 2018
Hello, the case hasn't arrived but i'm concerned if it may scratch the back of the phone. Does the aluminum has direct contact with the glass on the back? I was thinking about getting a sticker like protector before using the case, do you think it is necessary?

There are some soft foams attached to its back accept the parts that wraps around the camera.
The good thing is they are also sending a skin within the package, so you don't need to buy one.
Dunno where you bought it tho, I bought from the official Aliexpress store and they sent that skin too.

P20 Pro's back glass is a fingerprint magnet, so you might want that skin because of this.
I bought a DBrand skin since it fits perfectly and quite durable, but it would probably work too with the one that they are sending.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,

Edit: So I couldn't find a plastic bumper case and went for the aluminium cases and found Oatsbasf. It is quite thin and open back case, and it seems it is extremely durable.
    Added some screen shots below. The skin is DBrand Matrix skin for P20 Pro.

UTB8.8p5DWrFXKJk43Ovq6ybnpXaA.jpg

UTB8egbujHPJXKJkSafSq6yqUXXal.jpg

UTB8CivtjFPJXKJkSahVq6xyzFXaq.jpg

UTB8VyHpjJnJXKJkSaiyq6AhwXXao.jpg

UTB8He65DtoSdeJk43Owq6ya4XXas.jpg
    Yes, the phone's back is too beautiful to cover it with a case... just ordered the Oatsbasf, I hope it works :)

I ve received the Oatsbasf and after putting it I just have low reception of the network,