Crdroid - Android 12 Custom Rom

Search This thread

AlexKarimov

Oct 13, 2019
Noticed there is an A12 build up. Has anyone used it? Could anyone share screenshots and thoughts on either the 11 or 12 version? Thanks

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I have notice the dev/builder of this ROM is no-where to be seen, so I did a search, and found a few things.
1. They have at one stage created a log-in into XDA https://forum.xda-developers.com/m/aperio-ostendo.5949678/#adav_achievements as user @aperio.ostendo
2. He was active on another dev forum https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdn-forums/software/snapdragon-llvm-compiler-android/33437
3. And of course there is the dev profile to which the ROM is uploaded. But the thing I noted was that there is no contact info. :unsure:

Maybe the above mention will bring this thread to their attention, and how grateful we are for the builds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raj Pandiyan

Raj Pandiyan

Jul 25, 2018
Xiaomi 11 Lite 5g NE
I have notice the dev/builder of this ROM is no-where to be seen, so I did a search, and found a few things.
1. They have at one stage created a log-in into XDA https://forum.xda-developers.com/m/aperio-ostendo.5949678/#adav_achievements as user @aperio.ostendo
2. He was active on another dev forum https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdn-forums/software/snapdragon-llvm-compiler-android/33437
3. And of course thgere is the dev profile to which the ROM is uplo0aded. But the thing I noted was that there is no contact info. :unsure:

Maybe the above mention will bring this thread to their attention, and how grateful we are for the builds.
It is actually good rom...
Answers:-
1. Brother sorry I actually dont use Magisk. So I cant answer...
2. Try Crdroid with bluspark.... I know there is very slight lag if you use just the rom.... Try with HDK also.. Both are really a good combo...
3. I tried finding out the dev Mr. Aperio Ostendo... He is neither in telegram nor in xda...But luckily found in Youtube (texted in a video of his too.... No reply as of now)...
lets wait....

Incoming and outgoing dialer issue should be sorted when you just update all the stock apps... Tried and lemme know... No need of that Google Phone app with less features...
The stock crdroid dialer is just amazing... Just do the update and a restrart... You should be able to fix it....
Wowww man, I also tried a lot to get to him... Let's hope he sees your message 😜.

Last edited:

Mitico89

Dec 15, 2017
Has any been running the May 17 build? How is it going?
Am currently on Bliss deciding if should get this or Superior.

Lada333

Feb 7, 2016
Budapest
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 4a
[...]

Wowww man, I also tried a lot to get to him... Let's hope he sees your message 😜.
I have also tried reaching out to @aperio.ostendo here on xda in a private message, and I sent an email to crDroid, to see if they know anything about the guy.
I really hope he "reveals" himself, or at least, keeps up the development.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Raj Pandiyan

Lada333

Feb 7, 2016
Budapest
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 4a
I sent an email to crDroid, to see if they know anything about the guy.
Okay, they don't know who our mystery man is, so it must indeed be an unofficial build. I was told that all officially supported devices are listed on their website, and they'll only start to support the 4a if "
someone from the team buys the device or we get it donated by some someone from the community."

Now, my question is: Why would Aperio develop a ROM, seemingly for himself only, but then upload it to the internet for everyone to see, but also not create a thread for it, to keep it under the radar?

Lada333

Feb 7, 2016
Budapest
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 4a
If it's already built for himself, why not uploading for others?
Use it as it is or leave it as it is...
I think that's the intention behind it 🤷‍♂️
See, that's my thing. He uploads it, but doesn't share it on a platform for people to find it easily.
I mean, I know I'm huuuuugely overthinking this and that it doesn't make any difference whatsoever, I just know for a fact that if I were to build my own ROM, I sure as hell would make a thread for it.
Oh well, at the end of the day, I'm just super glad we have cr for the 4a.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
He is not you, he does not think like you do.

Android File Host is a file hosting system. To compile a ROM it can eat 300+GB of local disk space. They handle backups for you, its like a free drive managed by someone else. Maybe he posts it on a free drive to access it from a different site or by another friend. He may use a cloud based build server that auto uploads the finished ROM to AFH, and then downloads it to a laptop/local PC at his leisure (there a whole thread on this process here on XDA, its not uncommon). There are sooooo many reason one could upload to AFH without expecting others to use it, while not being bothered if they do. The ones I gave above are only examples, and not definitive in any way.

Has anyone tested both A12.1 Bliss and crDroid? which has more features?

Raj Pandiyan

Jul 25, 2018
Xiaomi 11 Lite 5g NE

Android File Host is a file hosting system. To compile a ROM it can eat 300+GB of local disk space. They handle backups for you, its like a free drive managed by someone else. Maybe he posts it on a free drive to access it from a different site or by another friend. He may use a cloud based build server that auto uploads the finished ROM to AFH, and then downloads it to a laptop/local PC at his leisure (there a whole thread on this process here on XDA, its not uncommon). There are sooooo many reason one could upload to AFH without expecting others to use it, while not being bothered if they do. The ones I gave above are only examples, and not definitive in any way.

I feel cr has almost everything. It's flawless to use. Above all its a personal choice brother. Best option is to experience both and pick one.
I feel cr suits me more. Next in line will be PE Plus ( Considering the timely updates ).

The only thing which I feel missing is the Updater. If that's included then nothing like this ROM

Last edited:

Raj Pandiyan

Jul 25, 2018
Xiaomi 11 Lite 5g NE

I, in a way slightly have a different thought. He wanted ppl to use it. That's the only reason he has given his comments in description of every release. If he wants to use it to himself why would he do that.

In my point of view, he is just doing his passion and he is unsure of giving continued support as it's just his leisure time pleasure or may be a hobby. And XDA forum will force him to work slightly extra as compared to his present independent leisure work.

Reactions: Lada333

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I feel cr has almost everything. It's flawless to use. Above all its a personal choice brother. Best option is to experience both and pick one.
I feel cr suits me more. Next in line will be PE Plus ( Considering the timely updates ).

The only thing which I feel missing is the Updater. If that's included then nothing like this ROM
Im unclear, did you try Bliss? If so, did it have LESS or MORE features / config?

I wish to minimise my time trying ROM's, if someone else can tell me if there are more features/configuration (a major deciding point), I am not asking which one you personally prefer. As a dev. configuring my phone ready for daily use, specific for my use, is something I wish to circumvent if at all possible.

I have built and distributed many ROMs here on XDA, including RR and crDroid. I only used RR for my daily (until Oreo, where I switched to HavocOS), BUT most (it seemed like all) who downloaded my builds, preferred crDroid. I never understood it, they couldnt explain it, as RR was just as stable, was not lagy but had considerably more features.

Regarding the updater, only official builds will have an updater.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This rom has no official status!. Is it safe to use??
    It is very much unofficial. I've been using it for about 4 months now, never had any issues.

Beware though, official cr v8.8 has been released, however that update still hasn't rolled out to our device yet (it got released on the 11th of August). Since we literally know nothing about the dev, he might have abandoned the project.
    Hey guys!!! Came across this new stable ROM in afh.... If anyone interested can enjoy this ROM... Link below...

I for myself search for a GSI version of a rom i'm interested in and flash it on my old Sony xz2c phone. I know, that this can be different in features to the P4a rom, but it gives me a good overview about the rom and it's features.
    Right now i have crdroid GSI on my xz2c. While it is very nice i don't like Android 12's design "Material you" and so i'll stay at A11 for a while.
    With my previous phone, I had a second old broken one (cracked screen) that I used as the test pilot for new builds I did or trying other random ROMs before I flashed it on my daily. I truly understand how good it is to have that option. Even better in my case, as it was the same device! I actually bought another spare as the phone was getting old and cheap for second hand on ebay. 1/10th the cost of a new P4A
    If you post it in public (with a dedicated thread) people expect you to give support...
    But then why distribute it? It this just an alias for him, and only uploads the builds for lurkers such as @Raj Pandiyan? :D