Crdroid - Android 12 Custom Rom

Search This thread

Lada333

Feb 7, 2016
Győr
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 4a
He is not you, he does not think like you do.

Android File Host is a file hosting system. To compile a ROM it can eat 300+GB of local disk space. They handle backups for you, its like a free drive managed by someone else. Maybe he posts it on a free drive to access it from a different site or by another friend. He may use a cloud based build server that auto uploads the finished ROM to AFH, and then downloads it to a laptop/local PC at his leisure (there a whole thread on this process here on XDA, its not uncommon). There are sooooo many reason one could upload to AFH without expecting others to use it, while not being bothered if they do. The ones I gave above are only examples, and not definitive in any way.

Has anyone tested both A12.1 Bliss and crDroid? which has more features?
Damn, I have no idea what it takes to build a ROM, didn't know it uses that much storage space, nor that cloud based build servers exist.
This all does make a lot of sense, and could very well be what's behind his uploads.

Lada333

Feb 7, 2016
Győr
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 4a
I feel cr has almost everything. It's flawless to use
cr does indeed have everyhing, but I've discovered far more tiny/annoying bugs on cr than on any other ROM.
Just to list a few for example:
  • The animation of the heads up notifications sometimes randomly freezes for about half a second while appearing
  • Tapping on a heads up notification to open the app the notification is from, sometimes causes the app to freeze while launching. I have to clear it from recents, then open the app manually, since the notification is gone by that point.
  • Raise to wake gesture is super buggy/sensitive for me. When I lock the screen, then proceed to put the phone down on my desk, the motion of me putting it down triggers the screen to turn on

I feel cr suits me more. Next in line will be PE Plus
PE Plus has only a fragment of features of cr. It feels more like vanilla LOS with like 1-2 features sprinkled in there. I hate how in almost all P4a ROMs, there's this "pixel 1 hack for Google Photos unlimited backup in original quality" which doesn't work, and has not worked for years now. SuperiorOS didn't have it, and while cr does have this spoof, you can turn it off under miscellaneous. I can finally back up my photos in storage saver mode and not use up any of my drive storage! Yay!

The only thing which I feel missing is the Updater. If that's included then nothing like this ROM
Updater is *technically* included, but since it's an unofficial ROM (if we're still talking about cr, and not about PE (plus), it doesn't work.

Reactions: Raj Pandiyan

Raj Pandiyan

Jul 25, 2018
cr does indeed have everyhing, but I've discovered far more tiny/annoying bugs on cr than on any other ROM.
Just to list a few for example:
  • The animation of the heads up notifications sometimes randomly freezes for about half a second while appearing
  • Tapping on a heads up notification to open the app the notification is from, sometimes causes the app to freeze while launching. I have to clear it from recents, then open the app manually, since the notification is gone by that point.
  • Raise to wake gesture is super buggy/sensitive for me. When I lock the screen, then proceed to put the phone down on my desk, the motion of me putting it down triggers the screen to turn on

PE Plus has only a fragment of features of cr. It feels more like vanilla LOS with like 1-2 features sprinkled in there. I hate how in almost all P4a ROMs, there's this "pixel 1 hack for Google Photos unlimited backup in original quality" which doesn't work, and has not worked for years now. SuperiorOS didn't have it, and while cr does have this spoof, you can turn it off under miscellaneous. I can finally back up my photos in storage saver mode and not use up any of my drive storage! Yay!

Updater is *technically* included, but since it's an unofficial ROM (if we're still talking about cr, and not about PE (plus), it doesn't work.
See again I told the ROM completely depends on personal choice.

Reactions: Lada333

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I tried comparing a YT vids of CR and Bliss to compare options. A couple of difference I saw was that the ROM specific settings appear "fancier" in CR (using a multi tab interface) as Compared to Bliss (uses "drill down"). But in CR I didnt see the option for Quick Tile on click animations (eg rotate) and the related interpolation. Is this feature available in CR?

Lada333

Feb 7, 2016
Győr
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 4a
But in CR I didnt see the option for Quick Tile on click animations (eg rotate) and the related interpolation. Is this feature available in CR?
I don't think so. These are all the settings in crDroid settings -> quick settings
Screenshot_20220525-090519_Settings.png

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Yeah, cuz I took an extended screenshot of the Quick Settings menu :D
well if thats the case, its confirmed as not there.

Two three points
1. Simple text saying NO would of sufficed.
2. The "extended screenshot" is missing the top :oops: , which is a pretty important identifier and feature giving context
3. Please use thumbnails instead of the full image inserted into posts. Especially extended screenshots.

Lada333

Feb 7, 2016
Győr
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 4a
Simple text saying NO would of sufficed
You also saw it in the video that literally you have linked that the feature is missing. Why ask it here in the first place then?

The "extended screenshot" is missing the top :oops: , which is a pretty important identifier and feature giving context
I am aware, however I did give context, it's right above the screenshot.
Plus, you could also make the educated guess that:
  • I took the screenshot from a menu which has Quick Settings options - since that's what you asked about
  • It is the Quick Settings menu, because it's literally the same as in the video you linked

• Haha
Reactions: Raj Pandiyan

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
You also saw it in the video that literally you have linked that the feature is missing. Why ask it here in the first place then?
Because I was in disbelief. I also know from building ROMs, some features can be turned on or off by the dev building the ROM. It was also possible that crDroid had that setting hidden somewhere else not shown in the video, but somewhere where users (such as yourself) would of found it. Not all android settings are where I personally expect to find them. There is also the question as to versions. And as I said, a simply NO would of answered it. There was no need for the extra steps of doing and uploading a screenshot.

I am aware, however I did give context, it's right above the screenshot.
Plus, you could also make the educated guess that:
  • I took the screenshot from a menu which has Quick Settings options - since that's what you asked about
  • It is the Quick Settings menu, because it's literally the same as in the video you linked
In IT, making a "guess" is making an assumption, and we all know what that leads to. Again, a simple "NO" would of clarified and answered it without a doubt. Also, you are using a user selected theme, which also confutes the screenshot and trying to visually match it to the video. And its NOT the same, because you chopped off the header which totally removes the important context ie the screen title, while in contradiction, clearly not being concerned with the image size. And when there is an altered image, it can alter what you say, . We humans are visual people, and posting a screenshot pushes that further. I asked about the quick tiles, but I dont know you or how to expect you to respond, and the top of the screenshot literally says "Miscellaneous" NOT Quick tiles.

Also, while typing this, I realised that many are posting how "complete" the ROM is, which my question would highlight for others, it may not be the most complete ROM out there.

• Haha
Reactions: Lada333

old.splatterhand

Recognized Contributor
I for myself search for a GSI version of a rom i'm interested in and flash it on my old Sony xz2c phone. I know, that this can be different in features to the P4a rom, but it gives me a good overview about the rom and it's features.
Right now i have crdroid GSI on my xz2c. While it is very nice i don't like Android 12's design "Material you" and so i'll stay at A11 for a while.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I for myself search for a GSI version of a rom i'm interested in and flash it on my old Sony xz2c phone. I know, that this can be different in features to the P4a rom, but it gives me a good overview about the rom and it's features.
Right now i have crdroid GSI on my xz2c. While it is very nice i don't like Android 12's design "Material you" and so i'll stay at A11 for a while.
With my previous phone, I had a second old broken one (cracked screen) that I used as the test pilot for new builds I did or trying other random ROMs before I flashed it on my daily. I truly understand how good it is to have that option. Even better in my case, as it was the same device! I actually bought another spare as the phone was getting old and cheap for second hand on ebay. 1/10th the cost of a new P4A

Marcia8246

Jul 14, 2019
Italy
Hi guys! This Rom have full navbar customization? (short press action, long press action ecc...) please is important feature for me

Lada333

Feb 7, 2016
Győr
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 4a
Thank you! I have installed this Rom yesterday, it's really great but i can't fine double tap to wake... Why?
Our devices have (single) tap to wake, not double tap to wake.

It's in Settings -> System -> Gestures -> Tap to check phone.
You may also find relevant settings in crDroid Settings -> User Interface -> Ambient display.

Top Liked Posts