Crdroid - Android 12 Custom Rom

Search This thread

Marcia8246

Jul 14, 2019
Italy
Our devices have (single) tap to wake, not double tap to wake.

It's in Settings -> System -> Gestures -> Tap to check phone.
You may also find relevant settings in crDroid Settings -> User Interface -> Ambient display.
thank you so much! This is a great Rom! I'm on 7,15 build, other builds are based on android 12? Need to install stock android 12 firmware before flash it?

tnicko

Mar 6, 2010
Google Pixel 4a
Want to thank you guys for finding and posting the ROM. Wow, what a great find. Great customization and feels pretty snappy considering it's a Pixel 4a. I did have some trouble however getting YASNAC to pass and PlayStore to certify the device. Even un-rooted I had issues. I eventually re-flashed & re-rooted with Magisk and installed USNF and MagiskHide Props Config to change the devices fingerprint to pass. Now all is working great. Really like the recents grid layout using the default crDroid home app as well.

Oh, also, there's a new updated dated 16Jul. That's the one I grabbed.

Reactions: Raj Pandiyan

Lada333

Feb 7, 2016
Győr
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 4a
Want to thank you guys for finding and posting the ROM. Wow, what a great find. Great customization and feels pretty snappy considering it's a Pixel 4a. I did have some trouble however getting YASNAC to pass and PlayStore to certify the device. Even un-rooted I had issues. I eventually re-flashed & re-rooted with Magisk and installed USNF and MagiskHide Props Config to change the devices fingerprint to pass. Now all is working great. Really like the recents grid layout using the default crDroid home app as well.

I found that it's enough to have your bootloader unlocked/have a custom ROM flashed to fail these certifications. I flashed LOS on my Dad's phone a while back, no root, he won't need it. His banking app still failed to open up, saying that the device is rooted. So I had to actually root it and then add the app to the denylist in Magisk. Works flawlessly to this day :D

tnicko

Mar 6, 2010
Google Pixel 4a
I found that it's enough to have your bootloader unlocked/have a custom ROM flashed to fail these certifications. I flashed LOS on my Dad's phone a while back, no root, he won't need it. His banking app still failed to open up, saying that the device is rooted. So I had to actually root it and then add the app to the denylist in Magisk. Works flawlessly to this day :D
Strange tho that I've never had this issue with other ROM's I've tried, superiorOS, Bliss, etc. But it may have just been me 🙃

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Strange tho that I've never had this issue with other ROM's I've tried, superiorOS, Bliss, etc. But it may have just been me 🙃
I havent followed your story, or started to flash custom ROMs to my pixel 4a. I dont even use banking on my phone. However, a few things have possibly changed.

Are the "other ROMs" different revisions of android?
As time moves on, Google and the banks change/strengthen their tests for certifications. To get a better understanding if its the ROM specifically, you would have to go back and flash the other ROM, and test it against the latest/current/same version of the app that is now failing.

Also, newer ROMs may provide better & more robust features, that weren't available for the same app to take advantage of in an older or possibly simpler ROM. For example, when 30 years ago my friends cars could do over 200km/h. However, my current car has a speed limiter in place to limit it to 180KM/h (never tested it personally) . My current car has a much more powerful & capable engine. The newer electronic fuel injection and integrated electronic speedometer, gives the manufacturer that ability/option, that was just not practicably possible/economical in the old days.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Rom with blue spark kernel is awesome!

Hey guys!!! Came across this new stable ROM in afh.... If anyone interested can enjoy this ROM... Link below...

He is not you, he does not think like you do.

Android File Host is a file hosting system. To compile a ROM it can eat 300+GB of local disk space. They handle backups for you, its like a free drive managed by someone else. Maybe he posts it on a free drive to access it from a different site or by another friend. He may use a cloud based build server that auto uploads the finished ROM to AFH, and then downloads it to a laptop/local PC at his leisure (there a whole thread on this process here on XDA, its not uncommon). There are sooooo many reason one could upload to AFH without expecting others to use it, while not being bothered if they do. The ones I gave above are only examples, and not definitive in any way.

Has anyone tested both A12.1 Bliss and crDroid? which has more features?
    This Rom with blue spark kernel is awesome!
    I for myself search for a GSI version of a rom i'm interested in and flash it on my old Sony xz2c phone. I know, that this can be different in features to the P4a rom, but it gives me a good overview about the rom and it's features.
    Right now i have crdroid GSI on my xz2c. While it is very nice i don't like Android 12's design "Material you" and so i'll stay at A11 for a while.
    With my previous phone, I had a second old broken one (cracked screen) that I used as the test pilot for new builds I did or trying other random ROMs before I flashed it on my daily. I truly understand how good it is to have that option. Even better in my case, as it was the same device! I actually bought another spare as the phone was getting old and cheap for second hand on ebay. 1/10th the cost of a new P4A
    If you post it in public (with a dedicated thread) people expect you to give support...
    But then why distribute it? It this just an alias for him, and only uploads the builds for lurkers such as @Raj Pandiyan? :D