Crdroid for moto z2 play - testers

Search This thread

javierck2004

Jan 12, 2013
excellent ROM works everything for me only always returns when picking and to start I must enter the bootloader, and the camera does not work either, I hope that these problems can be solved.

varun.katoch

Nov 19, 2011
6 Feet from the edge
:) it was sarcasm. you suggested I do a "clean install", I was only pointing out that there is no other way to install a 64bit OS. lol
but hold on! you didn't need to wipe/format data?

however, did you experience or know why some of my folders on my SD card show up as files and are unaccessible?

No idea about it bruv ...maybe some permission issue ...only a dev can tell

flashnub

Sep 12, 2016
Your ROM is a life saver, My device had got bricked after i had uninstalled Magisk and restarted my phone, it was facing bootloops. Meanwhile there is no Stock ROM image available for Moto Z2 Play Indian Variant, but your ROM came as a Life saver for me.
Thank you very much :).

Reactions: SimantaSD

flashnub

Sep 12, 2016
Have been exploring the ROM since last few hours, everything is running smooth, except for the Camera App. It freezes and doesn't start at all.
And as 'javierck2004' told in the previous post, i have to go to the Bootloader to start the ROM.
I Hope you continue the development of this ROM, thank you :).

UPDATE : I had flashed the open_gapps-arm64-8.1-pico , cant start the playstore App, it says , "Google Play Services Keep Stopping", any idea what should be done ?

UPDATE: Playstore Working Fine now, the mistake i did previously was that I didnt Flash GApps along with CrDroid Rom, instead I had Flashed it later after i had first Booted only the CrDroid ROM then i rebooted to recover and Flashed the Gapps, so it was constantly crashing.
This time i wiped Dalvik-Art cache and Data , then Flashed GApps again, Voila Success :).
The Camera App is also working but it takes about 5 seconds to start, thats all for now.
everything else working quite good.

Last edited:

brunorochaa00

Sep 23, 2016
GB
meettomy.site
Have been exploring the ROM since last few hours, everything is running smooth, except for the Camera App. It freezes and doesn't start at all.
And as 'javierck2004' told in the previous post, i have to go to the Bootloader to start the ROM.
I Hope you continue the development of this ROM, thank you :).

UPDATE : I had flashed the open_gapps-arm64-8.1-pico , cant start the playstore App, it says , "Google Play Services Keep Stopping", any idea what should be done ?

UPDATE: Playstore Working Fine now, the mistake i did previously was that I didnt Flash GApps along with CrDroid Rom, instead I had Flashed it later after i had first Booted only the CrDroid ROM then i rebooted to recover and Flashed the Gapps, so it was constantly crashing.
This time i wiped Dalvik-Art cache and Data , then Flashed GApps again, Voila Success :).
The Camera App is also working but it takes about 5 seconds to start, thats all for now.
everything else working quite good.

Thanks fot test. I'll release new build now

brunorochaa00

Sep 23, 2016
GB
meettomy.site
Now I have official OREO with the manager unlocked without root in case of flashing CR Droid after I can go back to official OREO by Fastboot??

You already have the link to download the new construction?

Yep, the complete firmware of Oreo has already been released.
the link I'll post when I finish compiling. but it will not be here anymore, I'll make a new thread.

Reactions: javierck2004

MusicAlleyInc

Sep 14, 2017
Nice This is dang near ready for prime-time

Working:
All radios (NFC,BT,Data/Coms,WiFi,GPS) appear fully functional.
Flashlight (including chop gesture)
All gestures working.
Gamepad Moto Mod
TurboPower Moto Mod.
Fast Charging ( TurboPower unknown, no indication with TP30 connected)
Headphone plug
Fingerprint reader (with improved gestures)

BUSTED:
Camera isn't functional. it will start up very slowly, takes photos, but switching between back to front breaks it.
JBL SoundBoost² mod, has no volume control.
Fails SaftyNet.
USB Data, connects for charging only.
Screenshots.

I'll be happy to revisit this again once the broken list shrinks a little. It's beyond my tolerance threshold. Lol

Fingerprint sensor is working for you? It is not working for me on this or the RR rom. Clean flashed in both cases.

Last edited:

MusicAlleyInc

Sep 14, 2017
Smooth Operator

This is almost better than the RR rom. :cowboy: I love the extra header smart textures.

Someone claimed that encrypting the device will fix the fingerprint sensor? Or installing the ROM with encryption already enabled previously...

Can anyone verify if this is the case. Also, does encryption effect root or xposed?

kewlzter

Feb 24, 2014
Moto Z4
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
This is almost better than the RR rom. :cowboy: I love the extra header smart textures.

Someone claimed that encrypting the device will fix the fingerprint sensor? Or installing the ROM with encryption already enabled previously...

Can anyone verify if this is the case. Also, does encryption effect root or xposed?

Although I never focused my efforts on it, I've not had any luck keeping the Data Partition intact. I assumed that's because stock is 32bit, and these custom Roms are 64bit, as far as I know, formatting data was/is a requirement (Data is what's encrypted).
going to try again later today.

Last edited:

manck

Dec 27, 2013
when put on a nougat, the print sensor worked ..., when set to 8 ku, the fingerprint sensor does not want to work

can I upgrade with a working fingerprint scanner?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Need testers, i'll build CrDroid for Albus
    I'm willing to test it out. I use the Sprint network so hopefully you can get data to work.
    Nice This is dang near ready for prime-time

Working:
    All radios (NFC,BT,Data/Coms,WiFi,GPS) appear fully functional.
    Flashlight (including chop gesture)
    All gestures working.
    Gamepad Moto Mod
    TurboPower Moto Mod.
    Fast Charging ( TurboPower unknown, no indication with TP30 connected)
    Headphone plug
    Fingerprint reader (with improved gestures)

BUSTED:
    Camera isn't functional. it will start up very slowly, takes photos, but switching between back to front breaks it.
    JBL SoundBoost² mod, has no volume control.
    Fails SaftyNet.
    USB Data, connects for charging only.
    Screenshots.

I'll be happy to revisit this again once the broken list shrinks a little. It's beyond my tolerance threshold. Lol
    I'm In! let's play.