crDroid v5.6 for harpia[9.0.0_r40][Stable][Enforcing & VoLTE]

Search This thread

reachomk

Oct 15, 2018
<!---This is a forum post template for manitainers to use on XDA, or whatever forum you post your build(s) on. You can copy/paste what is here and edit as necessary for your purposes-->

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
Click for feature list (helps shorten the OP.)

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

DOWNLOAD ROM

GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS

First time installing crDroid to your Moto G4 Play, or coming from another ROM: <--THESE MAY NEED UPDATING FOR YOUR PARTICULAR DEVICE; BE THOROUGH IN INSTRUCTIONS-->

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (CWM or TWRP)
1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
2) Boot into Recovery
3) Wipe cache, system, & data.
4) Flash ROM
8) Flash gapps
9) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk XX.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
None ATM, tag me and include logs if you see any.

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!(Magisk Modules are usually fine)
- have modified system files
- have dirty flashed

Thanks to:
- Google
- LineageOS
- SlimRoms
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
- OmniRom
- NamelessROM
- Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

DONATE

XDA:DevDB Information
crDroid for harpia, ROM for the Moto G4 Play

Contributors
reachomk
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 5.6

Created 2019-07-10
Last Updated 2019-07-17

Last edited:

Sakul94

Jul 12, 2017
This ROM is very slow and lagger. The vídeos are very slow. Sometimes flashlight doesn't works and UI system crash. I will return to AOSP extended.

Reactions: BouncingState

beraca

Oct 21, 2014
Bogota
Accelerometer and proximity sensor don't work.

Clean flash.

Enviado desde mi Moto G Play mediante Tapatalk

BouncingState

May 18, 2018
Nuuk
This ROM is very slow and lagger. The vídeos are very slow. Sometimes flashlight doesn't works and UI system crash. I will return to AOSP extended.

I will try it tomorrow.

Yes dear bro :( AOSP Extended is awesome :(

Dear mate, you said that you were going to apply to AOSPExtended Official Mantainer in Mid June or July :(

What happen dear brother??? Because you didn't release the latest version (v6.6) of AOSPExt for your device

Thanks a have a great day :)

reachomk

Oct 15, 2018

Dear mate, you said that you were going to apply to AOSPExtended Official Mantainer in Mid June or July :(

What happen dear brother??? Because you didn't release the latest version (v6.6) of AOSPExt for your device

The AospExtended team did not respond to my official request or pm asking for official status. I have no idea why. Perhaps if members ask for it as well, they will be more likely to grant official status. Feel free to lobby them for me. Also, please discuss AEX related things on the AEX forum post I have created.

I plan to skip to AospExtended 6.7 as I have not had much time latly.

Reactions: BouncingState

BouncingState

May 18, 2018
Nuuk
The AospExtended team did not respond to my official request or pm asking for official status. I have no idea why. Perhaps if members ask for it as well, they will be more likely to grant official status. Feel free to lobby them for me. Also, please discuss AEX related things on the AEX forum post I have created.

Ok my dear friend, thanks a lot for your response :)

Jul 4, 2019
SELinux is currently enforcing. You can set it to permissive by typing in:

Code:
setenforce 0

into an android terminal or flashing a permissive patcher. I use Google Drive because I like it and I have unlimited storage space.

Thanks for your prompt feedback. I have the problem with the full data encryption. The process is hang at 100%.
Otherwise, I like it very much. Very good job!!

nachognues

Jul 14, 2019
Signature Spoofing and Root ADB

HI all,
Do this build have signature spoofing disabled? In CRdroid there used to be a switch to enable signature spoofing and afaik there is a patch on upstream that suggest the signature spoofing is enabled by default:
hXXps://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_packages_apps_crDroidSettings/commit/fe45b12172edf660533f57fc36c7d01e9f0bf0c4

I've tested and seems is disabled, so I'm not sure if there was a patch on this specific build to disable it. I would like to use MicroG on this ROM :), and as Xposed is not yet available for pie...

BTW, is it not possible to access ADB as root on this room ?
# adb root
adbd cannot run as root in production builds​

reachomk

Oct 15, 2018
HI all,
Do this build have signature spoofing disabled? In CRdroid there used to be a switch to enable signature spoofing and afaik there is a patch on upstream that suggest the signature spoofing is enabled by default:
hXXps://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_packages_apps_crDroidSettings/commit/fe45b12172edf660533f57fc36c7d01e9f0bf0c4

I've tested and seems is disabled, so I'm not sure if there was a patch on this specific build to disable it. I would like to use MicroG on this ROM :), and as Xposed is not yet available for pie...

BTW, is it not possible to access ADB as root on this room ?
# adb root

Your commit link doesn't work, so I can't help you with that until you fix the link. As for adb root, it does not work in "userdebug" flavored builds. It is customary to build "userdebug." If you want root, try using Magisk.

You can read more about build flavors here:

https://source.android.com/setup/develop/new-device#build-variants

nachognues

Jul 14, 2019
HI all,
I see my last post was a bit missunderstood.

In CRdroid there used to be a switch to enable signature spoofing and afaik there is a patch on upstream that suggest the signature spoofing is enabled by default:
(Please, notice XX on the url. I cant post URLs, so please replace hXXps with https)

Anyway, on this build the singature spoofing is disabled. I would like to use MicroG on this ROM, and signature spoofing is important as I would like to avoid installing Google Apps.

Apart of this, I'm used to use ADB as root on LineageOS and other rooms. In this rom looks is not enabled. I have of course rooted the phone with magisk and I have set on the options "SuperUser access: Apps and ADB".
I can use applications as root, but when I try to connect via ADB as superuser I get this error:

# adb root
[/QUOTE]

Is there something missing on this build ?

reachomk

Oct 15, 2018
HI all,
I see my last post was a bit missunderstood.

In CRdroid there used to be a switch to enable signature spoofing and afaik there is a patch on upstream that suggest the signature spoofing is enabled by default:
(Please, notice XX on the url. I cant post URLs, so please replace hXXps with https)

Anyway, on this build the singature spoofing is disabled. I would like to use MicroG on this ROM, and signature spoofing is important as I would like to avoid installing Google Apps.

Apart of this, I'm used to use ADB as root on LineageOS and other rooms. In this rom looks is not enabled. I have of course rooted the phone with magisk and I have set on the options "SuperUser access: Apps and ADB".
I can use applications as root, but when I try to connect via ADB as superuser I get this error:

# adb root

Is there something missing on this build ?

I have compiled the rom with the userdebug build flavor, wheras adb root only works in the eng flavor. If you want to use root, try magisk.

Last edited:
Reactions: lavish002

newinnov

Sep 11, 2012
Hi, this rom is almost perfect. I'm coming from Aex both of those roms are the best rom.
But this rom app launch time is very poor than aex. Whatsapp and facebook takes very long to launch. Please fix it. Also please update Aex rom too. Thanx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    <!---This is a forum post template for manitainers to use on XDA, or whatever forum you post your build(s) on. You can copy/paste what is here and edit as necessary for your purposes-->

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list (helps shorten the OP.)

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

DOWNLOAD ROM

GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS

First time installing crDroid to your Moto G4 Play, or coming from another ROM: <--THESE MAY NEED UPDATING FOR YOUR PARTICULAR DEVICE; BE THOROUGH IN INSTRUCTIONS-->

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (CWM or TWRP)
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data.
    4) Flash ROM
    8) Flash gapps
    9) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk XX.x (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
    None ATM, tag me and include logs if you see any.

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!(Magisk Modules are usually fine)
    - have modified system files
    - have dirty flashed

Thanks to:
    - Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

DONATE

XDA:DevDB Information
    crDroid for harpia, ROM for the Moto G4 Play

Contributors
    reachomk
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5.6

Created 2019-07-10
    Last Updated 2019-07-17
    I will try it tomorrow.