CrDroid-v9.0 Pixel 4 XL

Search This thread

musp7

Sep 27, 2021
Check SafetyNet, make sure you pass, you probably need MagiskPropsHide, I had to enable options 1 and 2 and force to A13 and Pixel 4XL to get it certified. Then it works and will show as certified, plus Netflix and such will work. I have included 4 screenshots for example, so you dont have to guess at what I mean. I simply install LSPosed + SFNFix + MagiskHideProps, then reboot, enable option 1/2 in props, clear PlayStore app data, reboot, and bingo, it will self-certify you.

If I misunderstood you, then please explain but I suspect you meant, Google Play, settings, then status.

I'm on LOS right now but it will work and fix cRdroid and most ROMs. I have 100% personally tested this with cRdroid and recent ROM versions of cRdroid.

View attachment 5867611View attachment 5867613View attachment 5867617

View attachment 5867619thank u bro, I just wondwer ,will I always reflash gapps on every update?

Magnufire2

Nov 23, 2022
It might work, but stick with OP steps, those 110% WORK, but up to you. I gave up on TWRP when A/B partitions came out and chose to just stick with and use stock ROM recovery. That will always work, TWRP, maybe not so much, IDK, it might, but you wont get the same type of help if you choose your own path (TWRP).

Also, just an FYI on nomenclature, this isn't firmware, but ROM, firmware contains all partitions, drivers, ETC., this is just the OS (ROM).
Great question. It kinda sucked to get back into modding Android and see how much it's changed. Sideloading instead of just using TWRP alone is on all the devices installation instructions cause I guess it's easier but extra steps and involves having to use a PC but TWRP has the option to install to both slots. Even rooting with SuperSU is pushed to the wayside in favor of Magisk. Magisk just sounds cheesey but I use it now. And what's his face, the developer of SuperSU who was like the top dude in Android devs sold SuperSU so I guess it can't be trusted. Who really knows actually cause the internet I'm on gives me all kinds of false info. Like 3 or 4 different methods so to learn something one has to take bits from each article and hope you get it right. Just sayin.

Reactions: GROOVYJOSHCLARK
Great question. It kinda sucked to get back into modding Android and see how much it's changed. Sideloading instead of just using TWRP alone is on all the devices installation instructions cause I guess it's easier but extra steps and involves having to use a PC but TWRP has the option to install to both slots. Even rooting with SuperSU is pushed to the wayside in favor of Magisk. Magisk just sounds cheesey but I use it now. And what's his face, the developer of SuperSU who was like the top dude in Android devs sold SuperSU so I guess it can't be trusted. Who really knows actually cause the internet I'm on gives me all kinds of false info. Like 3 or 4 different methods so to learn something one has to take bits from each article and hope you get it right. Just sayin.
Agreed, like Windows OS, there are a ton of different steps to achieve the same end goal, some work flawlessly, others work with hiccups, others work but fail so I use what works every time. I can help you get there if needed, just let me know and I will lay out the steps I use to install, update, or prepare a device for a new ROM install (how to clean the device properly for a new OS).

No one way is always the only right way, so I use what works but its not the only way to do things so please dont take any of my advice as the only way. I just make it as easy as possible with the least amount of risks.

Reactions: Magnufire2
Okay...Me i don't root...s

O no need of patched boot.img...what gapps package do you use?
I follow the steps in OP, I believe its MindTheGapps but I would need to confirm. I am on LOS as my daily driver, so I am not on cRdroid at this time but it most definitely works using the OTA! You need to patch the boot.img for ROOT using MAGISK (install/patch/then fastboot flash --slot all boot ****MAGISK.img

**EDIT** I confirmed GAPPs is MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64

Last edited:

musp7

Sep 27, 2021
I follow the steps in OP, I believe its MindTheGapps but I would need to confirm. I am on LOS as my daily driver, so I am not on cRdroid at this time but it most definitely works using the OTA! You need to patch the boot.img for ROOT using MAGISK (install/patch/then fastboot flash --slot all boot ****MAGISK.img

**EDIT** I confirmed GAPPs is MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64
Okay, you pathch the boot.img for root purspose only....so it has nothing to do with mind the gapps?

Okay, you pathch the boot.img for root purspose only....so it has nothing to do with mind the gapps?
Correct, you only need to patch boot for root. GAPPs, you need for Google's framework to function (I.E. play store, etc). GAPPs are optional, but I always use it otherwise you have to use FOSS or Open Source market, but I just use Google's. Other users worry about Google spying or security with GAPPs, but not me. I use it and never have a problem but I am also careful and know what I am doing, so I dont just install anything, from anywhere. I carefully test everything, or research it, prior to install and using Google Play, its usually safer than finding the same APK on the net and installing it.

Last edited:

Magnufire2

Nov 23, 2022
Agreed, like Windows OS, there are a ton of different steps to achieve the same end goal, some work flawlessly, others work with hiccups, others work but fail so I use what works every time. I can help you get there if needed, just let me know and I will lay out the steps I use to install, update, or prepare a device for a new ROM install (how to clean the device properly for a new OS).

No one way is always the only right way, so I use what works but its not the only way to do things so please dont take any of my advice as the only way. I just make it as easy as possible with the least amount of risks.
Great. I will. Especially since I just came across an issue with face unlocking on this 4XL. After installing TWRP .img from inside TWRP I had to wipe data to see get past encryption. The .zip file worked great. Anyway, I ended up not flashing anything except a patched boot .img to get root back and when I rebooted face unlocking doesn't work and the flashlight doesn't work, in the drop-down it's greyed out and says "camera in use".

Magnufire2

Nov 23, 2022
I searched this thread with custom kernel for the search term but returned zero results. So, do custom kernels play well with this ROM? Kirisakura's post says to be on stock(!?) So strange to read. Oh well.

LuckyTheCoder

Jul 7, 2018
Google Pixel 2
I searched this thread with custom kernel for the search term but returned zero results. So, do custom kernels play well with this ROM? Kirisakura's post says to be on stock(!?) So strange to read. Oh well.
Kirisakura's ROM does in fact run on custom ROMS. However, you need to be running on Magisk 24.3 or earlier to use it. It's odd, but that's just how it works. Tested on the current version of CrDroid; runs fine.

Reactions: Magnufire2

Magnufire2

Nov 23, 2022
My phone with crdroid 9.0 is in the middle of downloading and installing the Feb 27 2023 update. But it's hanging forever on "finalizing installation". Where is the file hosted at so I can just download it and flash it myself? Thanks

Screenshot_20230417-171222_Updater.png

SKNIZZY

Aug 30, 2021
@putzwon Just reporting an issue im having....im having multitouch issues with my pixel 4xl like its getting touch conflicts and inconsistency when playing games etc...Is there a setting i need to disable or a way to get around it?

Magnufire2

Nov 23, 2022
Hello again.
Question, my build number is TQ1A.230205.002. It's crdroid 9.2.
I just downloaded the crdroidandroid.-13.0-20230227-coral-v9.2.zip
Is that older? Excuse me

musp7

Sep 27, 2021
Screenshot_20230422-173348_Camera 8.4.png
why this switch looks like stars? And about 9.3 some time FACE UNLOCK IS UNAVAILABLE

musp7

Sep 27, 2021
Version 9.3 sometimes restars the UI(launcher ) when switching data ON/Off from internet tile (QS MENU)

Top Liked Posts