Question Creaking noise when folded

Search This thread

Drewmk20

Jan 2, 2013
Piatra Neamt
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Hi all! Got a vivo x fold yesterday in Vietnam , and i notice that when in folded candybar form if squeezeed with gentle force like to separate the 2 halfs without opening it will creak exactly like leather sofa sound .... First i thought it was the case but i removed it and it still makes the sound. Anybody else with this "problem"? If trying to move left right from the hinge both halfs ? My Galaxy z fold 4 id rock solid . And unfolded vivo x fold does not make any sound and its solid. I have attached the compressed video of the noise .

Attachments

• received_535252491795870.mp4
    2.4 MB · Views: 0

Smartphoner

Hi all! Got a vivo x fold yesterday in Vietnam , and i notice that when in folded candybar form if squeezeed with gentle force like to separate the 2 halfs without opening it will creak exactly like leather sofa sound .... First i thought it was the case but i removed it and it still makes the sound. Anybody else with this "problem"? If trying to move left right from the hinge both halfs ? My Galaxy z fold 4 id rock solid . And unfolded vivo x fold does not make any sound and its solid. I have attached the compressed video of the noise .
That was the reason I sold mine. And I think that was the reason they released the plus version so soon.

Last edited:

ZakOTool

Oct 28, 2022
Hello there,

i had a similar problem. The two halves of the hinge weren't completely tight, if i pushed them in folded state in the direction of the hinge it mades a sound like yours.

I just made a exchange and the new vivo x fold ist perfectly build. Its like with all devices you can buy, some have build issues. Contact your seller and exchange the mobile.

Greetings