Create own Custom Magisk Module

Search This thread

Uvneshkumar

Feb 10, 2017
Chennai
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi devs,

Now I want to create a magisk module which replaces the functionalities of a system app. Consider for example, I'm running a custom ROM which I built and I have the complete source of the ROM. After the ROM is built and flashed, I want to change the functionality of an app using Magisk. Now after making the changes which I need, I build that and get the new APK file along with its odex and vdex files.

Now without replacing the files in the system partition, can I use magisk to use the updated apk instead of the old apk. If that is possible, can anyone give me some quick steps how to do it.
@Rajeev @sooti - I think you can help me coz you've been making some magisk modules for Mi A1.

Or anyone else who knows this, kindly help me.

Last edited:

chudy_85

Jul 26, 2011
some where in europe
Hi devs,

Now I want to create a magisk module which replaces the functionalities of a system app. Consider for example, I'm running a custom ROM which I built and I have the complete source of the ROM. After the ROM is built and flashed, I want to change the functionality of an app using Magisk. Now after making the changes which I need, I build that and get the new APK file along with its odex and vdex files.

Now without replacing the files in the system partition, can I use magisk to use the updated apk instead of the old apk. If that is possible, can anyone give me some quick steps how to do it.

@Rajeev - I think you can help me coz you've been making some magisk modules for Mi A1.

If you use Magisk v15.3 and want only change APK file put to system/app if you want change on this partition if you have in system/priv You must do it that same but you must mount this and then after flash in Magisk you have new APK. Meybe some one write that same. I create mod but only mount APK file in system/app because I don't have there this file. Try flash, check it work and then you can share with all

Last edited:

Uvneshkumar

Feb 10, 2017
Chennai
Google Pixel 7 Pro
If you use Magisk v15.3 and want only change APK file put to system/app if you want change on this partition if you have in system/priv You must do it that same but you must mount this and then after flash in Magisk you have new APK. Meybe some one write that same. I create mod but only mount APK file in system/app because I don't have there this file. Try flash, check it work and then you can share with all

OK. Will try that.

Jaymin.0.1910

Sep 20, 2017
Himmatnagar
Hi devs,

@Rajeev @sooti - I think you can help me coz you've been making some magisk modules for Mi A1.

You should refer to the official documentation of Magisk to understand the structure of a Magisk module, once you understood it well, you can make highly customizable Magisk mods without needing to use topjohnwu's template.

For the case you asked about, you can simply create a flashable shell zip, which will create a structure something similar to this,
Code:
MOUNTPOINT=/sbin/.core/img
MODID=your_mod_id_here
--> MOUNTPOINT
    --> MODID
        --> auto_mount
        --> module.prop
        --> system
            --> {priv-,}app
                --> app_name.apk
                --> app_name.{o,v,}dex
            --> etc/permissions/package_name-permissions.xml
        --> service.sh
        --> post-fs-data.sh
Using topjohnwu's template will be much simpler, boot scripts are optional, the perms XML is also needed only if (priv-app && API >= 26)

EDIT: Almost forgot it, thanks for providing our Le Max 2 an Oreo ROM!

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2022
Hi devs,

how to create fps unlocker of pubg game in magisk module.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi devs,

You should refer to the official documentation of Magisk to understand the structure of a Magisk module, once you understood it well, you can make highly customizable Magisk mods without needing to use topjohnwu's template.

For the case you asked about, you can simply create a flashable shell zip, which will create a structure something similar to this,
    Code:
    MOUNTPOINT=/sbin/.core/img
    MODID=your_mod_id_here
    --> MOUNTPOINT
        --> MODID
            --> auto_mount
            --> module.prop
            --> system
                --> {priv-,}app
                    --> app_name.apk
                    --> app_name.{o,v,}dex
                --> etc/permissions/package_name-permissions.xml
            --> service.sh
            --> post-fs-data.sh
    Using topjohnwu's template will be much simpler, boot scripts are optional, the perms XML is also needed only if (priv-app && API >= 26)

EDIT: Almost forgot it, thanks for providing our Le Max 2 an Oreo ROM!