Creating my 1st theme

Search This thread

holmes901

Jun 18, 2009
Orlando
Well I am now finally going to create my first theme and I am getting myself pretty familiar with everything but I had a question...

I know the stuff that cannot be messed with and all seeing as how I am working with the cm builds but would anyone know where I could find the terminal stuff. I wanted to change up that icon if I could to something a little more theme filling?

Thanks in advance and as soon as I get something going I will posts images.

K

knowfear

Are you just wanting to change the terminal icon (such as in the drawer?)

If thats the case, open the apps folder in your ROM and find the term.apk and open that. navigate to the drawable folder and the icon is in there.

holmes901

Jun 18, 2009
Orlando
Question...yet again...

I am using the auto signing program and am signing my little beta theme for testing and when I am loading it via the recovery mode I get E:Can't find update script. I am still new so if any help I would appreciate much.

Also should I include the fonts folder just as a precaution. I am not including that in my theme as I know there is the font chooser program out there as well so I figure let people have there own choice in font...again thanks

daveid

Jan 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Yeah you need an update script, which will be found at /META-INF/com/google/android/update-script
and should look like this:
Code:
copy_dir PACKAGE:framework SYSTEM:framework
copy_dir PACKAGE:system SYSTEM:
or something along those lines.

This script is assuming your zip file contains the following structure:
/framework
/system
/system/app

There is a simpler one that only needs to contain the second line and has the structure like this:
/system
/system/app
/system/framework

holmes901

Jun 18, 2009
Orlando
Yeah you need an update script, which will be found at /META-INF/com/google/android/update-script
and should look like this:
Code:
copy_dir PACKAGE:framework SYSTEM:framework
copy_dir PACKAGE:system SYSTEM:
or something along those lines.

This script is assuming your zip file contains the following structure:
/framework
/system
/system/app

There is a simpler one that only needs to contain the second line and has the structure like this:
/system
/system/app
/system/framework
Ah ok...Any idea where I can get that file or folder by chance?

holmes901

Jun 18, 2009
Orlando
So far what I have for my first

So the screen below shows what I have so far...I am still working on it and hoping I can get the blur transitions into the mix as well as maybe more or better icons...If anyone has a link where I could get the blur transitions from feel free to send my way.

screenshot1255331472355.png

jayb222

Jan 27, 2009
New York
Question...yet again...

I am using the auto signing program and am signing my little beta theme for testing and when I am loading it via the recovery mode I get E:Can't find update script. I am still new so if any help I would appreciate much.

Also should I include the fonts folder just as a precaution. I am not including that in my theme as I know there is the font chooser program out there as well so I figure let people have there own choice in font...again thanks

Same problem. Even with the update script in there from the template update folders, I still get this error. I seem to have the resigning working. Any idea how to fix this error?