• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Creators Update RS2 on Lumia 1320 (or any other Lumia x20). Your overall feelings?

Search This thread

MagicAndre1981

Jun 21, 2015
How does RS2 work on the Lumia 1320 (or any other Lumia x20)? Do you still need to remove SD card to update to new builds? Which phone (RM code have you used)? Does the 640 XL code (RM-1062 - Single SIM LTE Euro) works to get RS2 (Insider)?

Last edited:

Ferrybigger

Aug 4, 2016
Tehran
@Ferrybigger

I think the 640 is better, because the HW is more comparable to 1320. Do you use a x20 phone with Creators Update? Do you have any issues?

I think it's Not matter . Because my friends have 640 and then bought a 650 , he said : 650 is better ,so much .

I didn't tried rs2 with a x20 device but I have heard something from the performance of x20 Devices in rs2 .
Sorry for my bad English :D

dicosky

Feb 19, 2017
How did you managed to get rs2 on that soapdish?

hhh really like soapdish i test on it everything and it not say no :)
i just edit the registry and delete applications from c:/ directly so i earn some spaces for install

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

there is a problem in screen resolution , when i turn my phone to the right i get the resolution big than my phone screen. and that not happen when i turn it to the left ??

MagicAndre1981

Jun 21, 2015
maps engine is broken, updates are broken too, error 0x80070273

ok, this i helpful. I use it mainly as navigation system in my car, so broken Maps is a blocker for me.

Code:
0x80070273 = ERROR_RANGE_LIST_CONFLICT = The range could not be added to the range list because of a conflict.

looks like an issue with the UUP. I'll wait a bit and look if both can be fixed.

EspHack2

Aug 8, 2016
ok, this i helpful. I use it mainly as navigation system in my car, so broken Maps is a blocker for me.

Code:
0x80070273 = ERROR_RANGE_LIST_CONFLICT = The range could not be added to the range list because of a conflict.

looks like an issue with the UUP. I'll wait a bit and look if both can be fixed.

thats what they say, and not even hard-factory reset can fix it, it has been reported on previous RS2 builds too, just a UUP thing then, but having to WDRT back to 8.0 is rather annoying I'd say

guess I will live with no maps

BlueTR

May 14, 2013
Bursa
hhh really like soapdish i test on it everything and it not say no :)
i just edit the registry and delete applications from c:/ directly so i earn some spaces for install

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

there is a problem in screen resolution , when i turn my phone to the right i get the resolution big than my phone screen. and that not happen when i turn it to the left ??

How did you install rs2 on a 512mb device? As far as I now, 512mb devices are blocked from insider by server.

karaki93

Aug 29, 2013
Beirut
I used the slow ring to update to CU on my lumia 920 it's much smoother than the AU but i'm stuck with the bug that doesn't allow me to get the latest build but other than this no issues at all

delasago

Mar 8, 2017
I used the slow ring to update to CU on my lumia 920 it's much smoother than the AU but i'm stuck with the bug that doesn't allow me to get the latest build but other than this no issues at all

I have the same error on the Samsung ativ se. Now on the Assembly 15063.2 continue to be updated can not. Neither 15063.138 neither 15205... Maybe find a solution?

G

GuestX0024

Works perfect on Lumia 640 XL, it's faster then RS1. No errors with updates and Maps works perfect. No problems until now. Used the Lumia 950 XL keys for updating to 15063.2 with insider slow. After that i get April 2017 15063.138 update and left insider program. Did the same with the Lumia 435. Works also perfect and faster then before. But everytime when the phone is on for some hours, i only have a black screen when i push the power button. I have to restart the phone and can use for some time and then the problem appears again. I think it's because of the screen resolution(maybe).

EspHack2

Aug 8, 2016
yes man works perfectly
look leave the insider program to get rid of the error you're getting or use interop tools to uninstall maps and then reinstall it but leaving the insider program seems better

well technically maps is fine, the app itself I mean, its the map engine that is broken system wide, apps like uber, foursquare and others that tap into it are displaying the same problem, streets are invisible

as for the updating problem, have you managed to fix it by getting out of insiders? I see it affects ANY download through the system update settings page, including keyboards and languages

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can you plz Direct Massage me the all registry inside "DeviceTargetingInfo" of Lumia 640?

Lumia 640
    PhoneManufacturer = NOKIA
    PhoneManufacturerModelName = RM-1072_1044
    PhoneModelName = Lumia 640
    PhoneHardwareVariant = RM-1072

Lumia 640 Dual SIM
    PhoneManufacturer = NOKIA
    PhoneManufacturerModelName = RM-1077_1018
    PhoneModelName = Lumia 640 DS
    PhoneHardwareVariant = RM-1077
    its fine I guess, seems faster than RS1, maps engine is broken, updates are broken too, error 0x80070273
    what reg tweaks are to be done in order to get creators update builds on older lumia devices , Currently running build 15063.138 ?

you already have the Creators Update. It is Build 15063. You also have the latest patchlevel .138. Be happy and wait for next update (15063.xxx) next week when Win10M RS2 gets officially released to all users.
    I have a Lumia 820. All updates, including the latest 15207.0, work very fine, but (apart from glance and manual brightness), the MAPS engine doesn't work on 820 since Creators Update - much slower than previous map engine, and the streets don't show! - a big bummer for me, as I need maps!
    I tried everything: hard-reset, uninstalled Maps app with Interop and then even installed 4 versions of MAPS app (since aug 2016 to now) via appx files but, as somebody else said here, it is the maps engine in CU that doesn't work on my 820.
    I guess I will have to use the recovery tool and spend a full day to go from 8 -> 8.1 -> 10... and stop at Anniversary Update.

That unless somebody here has another idea. Could it be my L820 low-res screen (480x800) that make the streets not to show, or? Any ideas?

I have the same problem en my 820, i tried everything and i can't find the solution, i move to RS because here works offline maps.
    I have a Lumia 820. All updates, including the latest 15207.0, work very fine, but (apart from glance and manual brightness), the MAPS engine doesn't work on 820 since Creators Update - much slower than previous map engine, and the streets don't show! - a big bummer for me, as I need maps!
    I tried everything: hard-reset, uninstalled Maps app with Interop and then even installed 4 versions of MAPS app (since aug 2016 to now) via appx files but, as somebody else said here, it is the maps engine in CU that doesn't work on my 820.
    I guess I will have to use the recovery tool and spend a full day to go from 8 -> 8.1 -> 10... and stop at Anniversary Update.

That unless somebody here has another idea. Could it be my L820 low-res screen (480x800) that make the streets not to show, or? Any ideas?

its not screen resolution, others report the same issue even on pc, they also report the new engine has less POIs

I was pondering a hard reset but if that's not enough I guess I will just leave it like that, now I'd rather keep my icon on AU if it can end up in the same situation regarding maps, also the new UUP thing is broken, cant get any kind of updates they all fail instantly, but thankfully gus seems to be working on a new app to manually install update packages from updatecatalog, so there's that