• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Creators Update RS2 on Lumia 1320 (or any other Lumia x20). Your overall feelings?

Search This thread

MagicAndre1981

Jun 21, 2015
MS now seams to allow updating for all phones:

C-cIfodXoAAs6XV.jpg:large

Does RS2 update now works for all x20?

brandnewgeorge

Apr 28, 2017
I have a Lumia 820. All updates, including the latest 15207.0, work very fine, but (apart from glance and manual brightness), the MAPS engine doesn't work on 820 since Creators Update - much slower than previous map engine, and the streets don't show! - a big bummer for me, as I need maps!
I tried everything: hard-reset, uninstalled Maps app with Interop and then even installed 4 versions of MAPS app (since aug 2016 to now) via appx files but, as somebody else said here, it is the maps engine in CU that doesn't work on my 820.
I guess I will have to use the recovery tool and spend a full day to go from 8 -> 8.1 -> 10... and stop at Anniversary Update.

That unless somebody here has another idea. Could it be my L820 low-res screen (480x800) that make the streets not to show, or? Any ideas?

fer_cabr

Oct 26, 2015
I have a Lumia 820. All updates, including the latest 15207.0, work very fine, but (apart from glance and manual brightness), the MAPS engine doesn't work on 820 since Creators Update - much slower than previous map engine, and the streets don't show! - a big bummer for me, as I need maps!
I tried everything: hard-reset, uninstalled Maps app with Interop and then even installed 4 versions of MAPS app (since aug 2016 to now) via appx files but, as somebody else said here, it is the maps engine in CU that doesn't work on my 820.
I guess I will have to use the recovery tool and spend a full day to go from 8 -> 8.1 -> 10... and stop at Anniversary Update.

That unless somebody here has another idea. Could it be my L820 low-res screen (480x800) that make the streets not to show, or? Any ideas?

I have the same problem en my 820, i tried everything and i can't find the solution, i move to RS because here works offline maps.

Reactions: brandnewgeorge

EspHack2

Aug 8, 2016

its not screen resolution, others report the same issue even on pc, they also report the new engine has less POIs

I was pondering a hard reset but if that's not enough I guess I will just leave it like that, now I'd rather keep my icon on AU if it can end up in the same situation regarding maps, also the new UUP thing is broken, cant get any kind of updates they all fail instantly, but thankfully gus seems to be working on a new app to manually install update packages from updatecatalog, so there's that

Last edited:
Reactions: brandnewgeorge

brandnewgeorge

Apr 28, 2017
its not screen resolution, others report the same issue even on pc, they also report the new engine has less POIs

I was pondering a hard reset but if that's not enough I guess I will just leave it like that, now I'd rather keep my icon on AU if it can end up in the same situation regarding maps, also the new UUP thing is broken, cant get any kind of updates they all fail instantly, but thankfully gus seems to be working on a new app to manually install update packages from updatecatalog, so there's that

Thanks for the feedback. I still need the maps, so I will spend the whole day tomorrow recovering from scratch (Win 8) and getting to RS (AU) and stay there (will set myself as a 830 in the registry, NOT on insider).
I would appreciate if somebody here with the maps problems, that keeps updating meanwhile, will report in this thread if the maps get fixed on their Lumia 820 in some future release after CU. :) :highfive:

Swordfishx86

Apr 28, 2016
Salzburg
Samsung Galaxy A70
Are you able to update to 15207?
10.0.15205.0 running on NOKIA "Catwalk" Lumia 925.2 (RM-892) downloading and preparing 15208.0 (feature2).
BT toggle in Action Center is broken, as is manual brightness control (everything other than automatic turns the brightness to max), reported Maps problem (streets not showing) too. I have no documentation about the build# these bugs started.

Last edited:

russellblog

Jun 8, 2017
To resolve these issues for currently Windows versions or windows servers is a software named "LONG PATH TOOL", I suggest everyone a software “Long Path Tool“ which can solve all the long path problems.

sigfrid696

Jan 11, 2010
Last edited:
Reactions: EspHack2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can you plz Direct Massage me the all registry inside "DeviceTargetingInfo" of Lumia 640?

Lumia 640
    PhoneManufacturer = NOKIA
    PhoneManufacturerModelName = RM-1072_1044
    PhoneModelName = Lumia 640
    PhoneHardwareVariant = RM-1072

Lumia 640 Dual SIM
    PhoneManufacturer = NOKIA
    PhoneManufacturerModelName = RM-1077_1018
    PhoneModelName = Lumia 640 DS
    PhoneHardwareVariant = RM-1077
    its fine I guess, seems faster than RS1, maps engine is broken, updates are broken too, error 0x80070273
    what reg tweaks are to be done in order to get creators update builds on older lumia devices , Currently running build 15063.138 ?

you already have the Creators Update. It is Build 15063. You also have the latest patchlevel .138. Be happy and wait for next update (15063.xxx) next week when Win10M RS2 gets officially released to all users.

I have the same problem en my 820, i tried everything and i can't find the solution, i move to RS because here works offline maps.