[crespo][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
worst thing i done was install this recovery,now i cant flash any rom.went back to cwm still gettting error now thanks to this recovery.now they say i have to edit asserts line in my roms...plz is there a way to fix this without having to edit a rom before install?

Ask your ROM maker to fix the crappy scripting he's using and to update his flash binary
Else, stick to older versions supporting legacy code

Latest versions added legacy support to detect these outdated codes and which is more tolerant to crappy scripts.
However, I do not plan to update crespo anymore. Ask some of your developers to compile it from my git if you need updated version

Last edited:

Setting.Out

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
Ask your ROM maker to fix the crappy scripting he's using and to update his flash binary

Latest versions added legacy support to detect these outdated codes and which is more tolerant to crappy scripts.
However, I do not plan to update crespo anymore. Ask some of your developers to compile it from my git if you need updated version

Though I only flash 4.x.x ROMs.. No more gingerbreads ect.. I haven't had any issues with this recovery.. If people knew more about what they were doing by reading and not just b!t©hing, they'd get further.. This is an excellent recovery.. Thanks for the support. ;)

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

smit.sanghavi

Apr 19, 2012
Mumbai

Any reason not to update crespo?
Haven't seen an update since ages. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
    It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
    Read the features, and check if you are missing something

To take a screen shot, just slide left

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
    Last version can be found here:
    update to v6.00.5
    I have it in my other computer.. give me a few minutes...

USB mounting is already working..
    OP already updated the links..

Thank him for his great work
    Hi,Phil

Great work!!!.. test with another device and i open efs.yaffs2.img with unyaffs without problem...

I try to change UI Interface but at reboot , lose backgruond setting.... what's wrong ?

This is great news I could fix the yaffs2 issue. I am grateful for all your logs and debugging :angel:

Argh, I could reproduce the issue
    Will be fixed before next update
    Released v5.08.5

Change list 5.07.1 ---> 5.08.5
    5.08.5 (11.07.2013)
    - Compile Aroma File Manager (by amarullz) zip installer under recovery:
    * either compile whole recovery, zip will be created at first pass
    * or only compile aroma zip installer in two pass:
    1- mmm bootable/recovery/aromafm
    2- mmm bootable/recovery/aromafm/tools
    * output: [target_out]/aromafm_out/aromafm_[DeviceID].zip
    - detect aroma compatibility with non NEON devices during compiling
    - use less conflicting flags: TARGET_NAME --> TARGET_COMMON_NAME

5.08.0 (07.07.2013)
    - improve nandroid progress bar update
    - fix recovery was not prompting when backup estimated size is larger than free space
    - add ors backup support for twrp format requested by BillGoss
    - ors backup: when no backup name is given, generate it using same way as nandroid operations (time stamp + rom name tag)
    - support separated compiling for Loki patched devices (S4 AT&T and Verizon)
    - i9505: revert some changes to fix time bug for some users
    - Galaxy S4 US variants: repack around Audism stock JB 4.3 kernel v3 + Samsung exfat modules + revert use of mkefs for partition corruption issue
    - fix missing break in set backup compression value menu (misc_nandroid_menu())
    - misc clean up code
    - sync latest sources

5.07.6 (05.07.2013)
    - update version 6.0.3.3
    - add exfat-fuse 1.0.1.362 / 2.9.2 optional support by enabling USE_EXFAT_FUSE_BIN CFLAG in BoardConfig (exfat support on cyanogenmod repacks)
    - i9505: use Audism kernel v3 (Stock Samsung sources) to fix partition corruption without additional code and for better exfat support

Please Note: Device specific threads will no longer be updated. I monitor them for support and feedback though
    To check if you have a new version, subscribe to main thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

Thank you for your understanding