Cricket canceling 7T on their network?!! As of Feb 2022

Search This thread

jeffrimerman

Mar 4, 2007
Alhambra
Huh? It's right under the s9.
Ummm, not under this s9. It could be on a list somewhere just not under this one. Can you post a link to the Cricketwireless link you saw?

Attachments

• wifi calling.jpg
    wifi calling.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 28

gpz1100

Nov 28, 2009
Look at the pdf attached few posts up. I would expect that to be more accurate than what's on cricket's site.

jeffrimerman

Mar 4, 2007
Alhambra
Look at the pdf attached few posts up. I would expect that to be more accurate than what's on cricket's

Look at the pdf attached few posts up. I would expect that to be more accurate than what's on cricket's site.
I'll take your word that it works on Cricket's network. I never doubted you, just mentioned I didn't see it on Cricket's list. This list is ATT. When ATT introduced wifi calling it wasn't offered on Cricket so logically a list from ATT wouldn't be more accurate. The list is a list of phones that will work on their network not a list of wifi capable phones. I do see the 9+ on their list that might require software updates to get wifi calling to work. I still believe you that it will work it's just not on the Cricket list

sillycat98

Nov 24, 2014
Nexus 7 (2013)
HTC One (M8)
I have the hd1907 and I gave up on cricket. Service isn't as good with TMobile but at least they don't give me a bunch of bull crap. Before my service auto suspended on cricket I was able to make calls and it would show the volte indicator but that's the excuse cricket gives. They said the phone isn't compatible with their volte.

gpz1100

Nov 28, 2009
I wouldn't necessarily blame cricket at this point. They are, like all other mvno's at the mercy of the underlying carrier. I think att is actively working to block noncompliant devices from the network. We'll see what happens after 3g is fully shut down. Maybe lots of folk complaining will have them rethink this strategy.

bclark

Oct 20, 2010
New Hampshire
I've spent some time dealing with AT&T over this and they have confirmed that 1905 will continue to work and even confirmed that my IMEI is valid to continue working. However they refused to update my IMEI in the system because I am using a grandfathered unlimited plan. I was expressly told it was hard locked in the system to get users to update to new plans and if I wanted to continue to use my 7t after February then I needed to do so or purchase a AT&T branded device.

We'll see what they do come February and YMMV with them over the phone/in store. Also they sent me the biggest piece of garbage prepaid phone ever to get me to switch devices. The thing was never over $40 at Walmart and even still had the Walmart sticker on it -_-

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Spoke to a tech at Cricket and he said my phone currently isn't compatible with them

I work at a prepaid carrier store (not Cricket) and am having to tell customers the same thing. It's not just about if your phone has the radios necessary, they have to have the IMEI approved in their system and if it's not then you can possibly escalate to someone who can help get it approved but you probably won't get very far. I can't activate my own OnePlus device with my company either, even though it's currently running on our parent network. I have spoken with internal support folks about it multiple times and have gotten nowhere so I gave up.

I can't imagine Cricket shutting off tons of new ish phones just because they aren't bought from Cricket.

Believe it. It sucks and it sounds insane but it's really happening. For me? I have to tell everyone with a Samsung Galaxy S5-S10 that they have to buy a new phone to be compatible with our new network changes. And I can tell you here that it's (probably) not the sales rep lying to you to make a commission sale, our tools are indeed forcing us to do that.