CRICKET PST Settings Thread! by Ryan Mogul

Search This thread

RyanMogul

Retired Recognized Developer
This is for people who want Cricket to work perfectly, just follow these instructions not skipping a beat and you will be OK from then on! If you are not having problems obviously skip this!​

I have updated this thread ONLY to Change a step. Its not a Required Change for current Cricket users however, it may be needed for Phones that have never been on Cricket before. I also re-phrased some things to be more understandable.

This thread is assuming that you already have your phone Unlocked (spc code all zeros) and that you have already contacted Cricket and had the Phone you are programming added to the Account. You might as well tell them you have a Motorola Razor V3C that will ensure there will be no problems obtaining EVDO.

Also ask Cricket for your MSID/MIN number (usually not your Phone Number) we will be needing the MSID/MIN if you dont know it, or if the phone was never on Cricket before.

My HTC Unlock Tools Directory, Read SPC Instructions Readme

My Cricket WAP and Arcsoft new versions or my Cricket Carrier CAB <--If you are installing one of my Cricket CABs dont test it until your PST settings are correct.

This thread is also assuming that you already have a CRICKET PRL file loaded in PST. If you have my ROM flashed than a couple PRL files that you can use are on device memory we will get to that later below.

Important note on PRL files. You must know what kind of Cricket Plan you have. If you have Roaming on your plan you need to use the 5 digit PRL files. If you DO NOT have Roaming on your plan you must use the PRL files that are considered 4 digits or contain a 0 at the beginning. Otherwise *228 will not work and you will not be able to Authenticate. Some report for users with roaming you may have to use PRL 1042 and set your SID to be able to *228. Examples below.

PRL 01013 = Non Roaming
PRL 38515 = Roaming

1. Now first thing you want to do is have a good Cricket CAB or ROM installed. This way when the PST settings are done they can be looked over again, and tested.

2. Now if you are starting from a fresh flash OK, if you are starting from a hard reset OK, we can continue. If you have a ROM installed that is having problems I recommend a hard reset and skip Auto Customizations using stylus when it says you have 3 seconds. If you are confident the ROM you have installed is ready to go then fine. We can continue.

3. Now open your Phone Application and go to options and make sure smart dial is off. Then dial ##778 call button (PST/EPST), now click edit and enter six zeros. In the Main Page change the NAM name to Cricket, and enter the MSID/MIN number (that you obtained from your old Cricket phone or from Cricket themselves) make sure its a 10 digit number thats in your area code BUT IT IS USUALLY NOT your PHONE NUMBER. If it was already fine we can continue, if you dont know it you may of skipped obtaining this from calling Cricket as stated above. Now click view info and goto PRL, now check to make sure you have a CRICKET PRL (1013,1014, 1040, 1050 etc.. there are others) If you dont have one loaded in PST and you are using my ROM then you can click in Update PRL File (click in the blank area under setting) and then click Menu, edit, browse and it should go to main root (my documents). Pick PRL 1050 (You may have to try another PRL for *228 to work in step below). Then click ok, then Menu, then ok, it will ask you if you want to update the items click ok. Let it do its thing and restart. If you already have a CRICKET PRL then skip the update PRL step but still make sure to click menu, then ok and let it restart.

4. Now after the phone restarts open phone application again and dial *228 call button (this will make sure base settings are good so i will not have to explain as much, it will also download the proper local EVDO prl to where you are), it will dial cricket and do its programming thing. Do not interrupt this. Let it do its thing even if it restarts. It should say Update complete or Programming complete (if not then try a different Cricket PRL) Now when you are back in action we can continue.

5. Now open the phone application and dial ##778 call button (PST/EPST), now click edit and enter six zeros. Now click view info and goto AKEY and make sure its blank, nothing there. Now click view info and goto NAM settings, NAM name should be Cricket, Mobile Directory number should be YourTenDigitPhoneNumber, MIN1 should be that other phone number the MSID/MIN that is usually not your phone number, but it should be 7 digits, ex: sevendigitnumber, MIN2 should be just your area code. MSID/MIN should be 10digitMSIDnumber <--again usually not yourphonenumber, This part I only know for USA users MCC should be 310, MNC should be 00 (for other Countries you have to look this up), NMSI should be your MSID/MIN (XX10digitnumber<--usually not your phone number) THE XX'S should be zeros, ex: 007185548692, Now if all these settings in this paragraph didnt need touched assuming you didnt skip any of my steps (which they shouldnt be touched i am just making sure) we can move on.

6. Click view info and goto CDMA settings, we are going to make sure they are set right and change a couple things for Clearer voice transmissions, people will compliment how good your phone sounds even in some cases. EVRC should be set at Disable, Home page should be Voice 13k, the Two below it the Same Voice 13k.

7. Click view info click modem settings, change slot cycle index to 1, This will make the phone ring a little sooner, also get your texts a bit sooner. The other 4 options should be Auto, Auto, Enable, No in Order from top to bottom.

8. Click View Info and pick Security, now we are changing this regardless you must do this, we are going to Unauthenticate you and Re-authenticate, it is a Needed step everything in this How To needs to be done and Not skipped! Change the HDR Auth User ID to something bogus like Boat@amail.com, the password below it make it something random but remember it, now do the same for PPP user ID and password but make them the same as the HDR ones.

9. Click view info and pick MIP Settings, Make sure Active Profile is on 0, MIP mode should be Simple IP only, MIP reg retries should be 1, MIP reg retry timeout should be 2000 ms, MIP pre-reg timeout should be 30, Mobile Node HA auth should be Disable, send a reg request should be Enable, dormant handoff to disable.

10. Click view info and pick MIP Default Profile, Enable profile should be ENABLE, NAI should be yourtendigitphonenumber@mycricket.com, MN HA SPI set should be enable, MN HA SPI value should be 12c, MN AAA should be enable, MN AAA SPI value should be 2, reverse tunneling should be enable, home address should be 0.0.0.0, Primary HA address should be 68.28.15.12, secondary should be 68.28.31.12, HA shared secret and AAA secret should be cricket <--lowercase, DMU public should be 0, MN Authenticator should be 0.

11. Click view info and pick MIP customer profile 1 and make sure Enable profile is DISABLED. Now do the same with the other 4 profiles (profiles 2-5), make sure that the only profile enabled is MIP Default Profile.

12. Ok now click menu, ok and let it reset, but make sure not to do anything we are going to be going right back INTO EPST, so when it boots back up open the Phone application and dial ##778 call button (PST/EPST), we are going to re-authenticate you its easy, now click edit and enter six zeros, click view info and goto Security, now change the HDR AN Auth to yourtendigitphonenumber@mycricket.com, password should be cricket<--lower case, same for PPP user id and Password make them same as HDR.

13. Click view info and goto MIP default profile, make sure the HA, and AAA shared secrets are both cricket<---lowercase, then click menu OK and let it reset.

Thats it! PST settings are perfect for CRICKET, you have a Local EVDO prl file installed, and you are Authenticated for Data and EVDO, now if you used my ROM just go to internet explorer and goto a real page, and follow instructions but remember to click save password! You can also go back into the Phone Application and turn smart dial back on if you choose.

Thats done, every Custom ROM flash from now on should never affect your PST settings and you should always be Authenticated. I hope this helps everyone.

Ryan Mogul

Last edited:

Bigstew33

Jan 28, 2008
Good write up for this. I have one big problem. when I try to *228, it fails after just a couple of seconds and says,
“The number of SPC attempts failed 15 times from the network. Handset will free for 1 minute and will then reset.” I read a post that was obscure but said that the SPC should be six 0's Mine is not all zeros. I don't know how to change mine to all zeros if that is the case

Thanks

Reactions: hivoltman

catfishk

Nov 17, 2008
Portland, OR
thanks for the great info. as a note, changing the EVRC setting (#7) to 'Voice 13k' kills my phone connection; i couldn't make or receive calls. everything else seems fine!

RyanMogul

About Voice 13k Settings

Read the settings again, maybe you missed something.

Check these four settings, also make sure you have used *228 and let it UPDATE your PRL, don't do it manually afterwards. Then check all of the above settings over again and you should be good. I have researched, tested, and used these settings for a long time.

EVRC should be disabled
Home Page should be Voice 13k
Home Orig should be Voice 13k
Roam Orig should be Voice 13k

Since your phone is digital, it uses a codec to determine how the voice data is compressed into digital. Voice 13k (Qualcomm's Purevoice) is the highest voice rate. EVRC (Enhanced Variable Rate Codec) benefits the carriers because it uses a reduced rate, which means less bits to stream, more calls to go around. Voice 13k is in fact the updated version of EVRC that our Digital phones have the option to select from. Voice 13k should be enabled for optimal voice quality.

Take Care

RyanMogul

heres why your *228 doesnt work for you..

This is for the User Vickie that needed a little help.

In order to use *228 for Cricket You need to have a Cricket PRL already loaded on the Device meaning installed from PST. You also need the phones SPC code to be all zero's (000000) Then *228 will work fine. It will then update your settings and DL a new PRL if a better one exists. This is for Cricket. If that works out you can follow my settings over again.

X-Kenshin-X

Apr 2, 2009
hey ryan i have installed your V1.1 Heavy Cricket rom, works great, thxs a lot

neways i was going trough this and i did every step to the letter, now mine didn't work... so i have to ask you a few questions...

first, once i am done with this, and if i did it correctly, i can now make calls and internet right? (hopefully this is yes...)

ok so assuming the answer to the above is yes, then i have to ask.

On step 3, you say if we have your ROM we can just update the PRL from there and to skip the "update step". by update step i'll assume you meant step 4. but then in step 4 you say "for both people who had to restart and people who didnt" and then you say to dial *228

so do we do that even if we already have your PRL loaded?
or do we never have to dial *228 if we have ur prl file?

also, on the profiles, in the M.IP settings, my phone had "6" profiles by default, should i set it to 5 like yours or what?

X-Kenshin-X

Apr 2, 2009
ok i got everything working beautifully, thanks for the instructions... it's just that i wasn't supposed to dial *228, and i did :(

anyways, my internet works, and holy cow i get bursts of 2mbps! :eek:

well one last thing i gotta ask is... so my calling doesn't work, so i have to call cricket or something to have them switch it to mine right?

on a sidenote, do you guys actually use IE? isn't there like firefox mobile or something??

RyanMogul

PST settings are not the Only thing that matters for Internet(WAP) or for MMS. The ROM you are using also has to be configured properly for Cricket WAP/MMS to work. My ROM does but not everyone uses My ROM.

This thread will get your Phone's 1X and EVDO set up correctly. Which will ensure that if your ROM is configured properly that Calls/Text/WAP/MMS will all work. But this thread is NOT the only thing that matters. Read the end of my TOP post and it tells you what the Thread sets up..

Now for your other questions: In this PST settings thread Step 3 says that if you are using MY ROM and the phone doesnt have a Cricket PRL loaded in PST that my ROM has Cricket PRL's copied on it to Update PST with(after updating PST with Cricket PRL phone will soft reset).

This means that YES you need a Cricket PRL loaded(updated) in PST before dialing *228 and then it will restart and then on with the rest of the settings. Dialing *228 gets a local(to your AREA) EVDO PRL loaded in PST(which is downloaded from Cricket Realtime) and sets up base PST settings so that this thread is easier. It explains that in the TOP post at the TOP..

Last edited:

X-Kenshin-X

Apr 2, 2009
ok in the version of your ROM that i installed, which would be the V1.1 Heavy, it says in that post this:

"Messaging and Connections settings: <--Please do not mess with these as they are fine tuned for CRICKET!! It will always work perfect for you if you leave it alone I cant be responsible if anyone changes anything but you can always post your problems in this thread and I will be more than happy to help sort it out.
"

and this; "Fully working and tested Cricket WAP and MMS/SMS with no problems! I did a lot of tweaks to registry and provisioning to make this possible as the base I used(1.3.4) was originally meant for Sprint!! I pulled a lot of "All Nighters" put it that way lol."

so i thought i don't have to set up my MMS/WAP...

and do i still have to call *228??

***EDIT***
i just called *228, and they said: "sorry we cannot program your phone"

my internet still works... but that's the only thing that works so far, i can't make calls. or send txt msgs.

RyanMogul

ok in the version of your ROM that i installed, which would be the V1.1 Heavy, it says in that post this:

"Messaging and Connections settings: <--Please do not mess with these as they are fine tuned for CRICKET!! It will always work perfect for you if you leave it alone I cant be responsible if anyone changes anything but you can always post your problems in this thread and I will be more than happy to help sort it out.
"

and this; "Fully working and tested Cricket WAP and MMS/SMS with no problems! I did a lot of tweaks to registry and provisioning to make this possible as the base I used(1.3.4) was originally meant for Sprint!! I pulled a lot of "All Nighters" put it that way lol."

so i thought i don't have to set up my MMS/WAP...

and do i still have to call *228??

***EDIT***
i just called *228, and they said: "sorry we cannot program your phone"

my internet still works... but that's the only thing that works so far, i can't make calls. or send txt msgs.

Ok if you dont understand it just give up. Please quit cluttering up this thread with YOUR problems. a ROM's settings and PST settings are two different things and they both need to be set up right to work!!

MY Cricket ROM is already set up for WAP/MMS, but not everyones version of a Cricket Rom is set up perfect. But your PHONE's PST settings still need set RIGHT as a ROM does not touch that!!

PST settings are independent of ROM settings.

Your problem with dialing *228 is because YOUR SPC CODE IS NOT SET TO ALL ZERO'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPC code needs to be all Zero's and you need a Cricket PRL loaded (updated) in PST before dialing *228!

It says that in the beginning of this thread. No wonder I am mad. Read well before you follow through

You people seriously have to learn how to read things before trying something. Read, read, read, read, read. Until you fully comprehend what you are trying to accomplish and THEN mess with things.

Edit: My threads are not meant to BABY STEP someone new through the entire process of unlocking, flashing, and programming a phone. NOT AT ALL.. The threads are meant to Help and that is what they do..

Last edited:

X-Kenshin-X

Apr 2, 2009
ok... wow there

look the reason why i was asking is because you only included this link in your ROM posting thread, you did not include any other links or procedures...

same here, you only include information to do one thing, i see no relevant information pointing to the "other settings" you're talking about.

EDIT:
i had already previously unlocked my phone with another program, but just to double check i used your unlocking pack and followed the instructions. when i run BAF MSL Grabber, it already gives me my MSL code as being 000000, so i am assuming my phone is already unlocked.

but i went ahead and tried to go trough with your thingy anyways, and i got stuck at the ##3424# thing. none worked, ##3424# nor ##3424

i had to use the DIAG(DRMRouter) that took me a while to find in your ROM and i am in QPST right now...

Last edited:

X-Kenshin-X

Apr 2, 2009
hey Ryan... actually everything works, it's just i was unsure if i still needed to "go down to the store" to get my phone line switched to this new phone with cricket...

neways everything works... including mms, internet, so on so forth. i just haven't tested the gps

RyanMogul

Updated the PST settings

I have updated this thread to clear up any problems with New Cricket users that have never had Cricket before. I re-phrased a few things and changed a step so that both New and Current users will not have any problems.

X-Kenshin-X

Apr 2, 2009
actually about what i said in my last post, i never tested the GPS on the rom so i don't know if it works...
i just know that if i go to google maps, it never locks on to a satellite, dunno why

oh btw, i had to tell yah, the reason why i couldn't dial *228 is because at least in my area, cricket won't recognize the 1050 PRL. everything works with it, but it just won't let me do the *228 thing.

i had to use the 1042 PRL, and then everything worked, just a heads up.

hcenteno21

Apr 29, 2008
RyanMogul6800 dude not only do I want to say thanks for the settings thread, but your ROMs are awesome. Quick question to anyone who might be able to answer it, this is the first time I get a mogul not to work on mms, i tried all settings, and read through a lot of threads and still no dice, is it possible that the settings might need to be refreshed on the cricket network side? internet and sms work flawlessly, just MMS does not work, it stays stuck at downloading 0%. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Ok I have ryans heavy rom, and it may seem weird but I installed his mms wap fix from his sig and now it works flawlessly!

Last edited:

RyanMogul

Glad you like, but MMS works on MY ROM without that CAB

My ROM works flawless without using the MMS fix CAB from my Shared Site. That CAB is for users not using my ROM or that have messed up their settings on their own.

Now assuming you already have PST set correct and that you are Using MY Cricket ROM.

First thing you do after MY ROM is booted up and running is MAKE SURE ITS UNPLUGGED and WI-FI is OFF! I hate when people leave the phone Cradled for all of their Flashing and Programming. It needs wi-fi off and needs to be unplugged to set up WAP. You need WAP (DATA) set up for MMS to work. So you want to make sure you have unlimited DATA plan with Cricket.

Now after the Phone with MY ROM is unplugged and wi-fi is off simply open up Internet Explorer and Navigate to a real webpage(yahoo.etc) and then enter the info and password click save. Done.

There are some cases after setting up with Cricket needing to call them again and have the account refreshed on their end. There are other instances where Crickets end takes a long time to refresh automatically on their own.

I really believe you ran into a Cricket account refreshing delay problem. Installing the Arcsoft MMS fix cab had nothing to do with why your MMS works now. Do not try uninstalling that CAB to prove me wrong as it will mess up the ROMs settings and will require you to hard reset.

What you could do if you really want to know for sure, is hard reset then let the ROM boot and set up the Internet with phone unplugged. After that I am willing to bet that you can send and receive MMS without installing the CAB we are referencing.

I am glad you like the settings and the ROM.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good write up for this. I have one big problem. when I try to *228, it fails after just a couple of seconds and says,
    “The number of SPC attempts failed 15 times from the network. Handset will free for 1 minute and will then reset.” I read a post that was obscure but said that the SPC should be six 0's Mine is not all zeros. I don't know how to change mine to all zeros if that is the case

Thanks